Budget 41-50k Laptop store refused to let me benchmark their system, am i unreasonable ?

Since i have am waiting for my flipkart laptop to get picked up for return i went to a store to check a laptop. They did not let me connect my pendrive to run some benchmark tools. I wanted to see the SSD performance actually to compare with prev shortlisted item.

Here is benchmark of the prev asus vivobook 14 i have. Are these figures good ? also how to find if ssd is nvme or the slower sata type without opening the panel?

Here's a comparison. It's lenovo 530s, a great purchase to be honest.
Niceee, How much money was it for? I can see its for 65k right now while my asus was for 38.5. It got returned today though finally due to screen bleeding issue, otherwise i did enjoy using it.

Niceee, How much money was it for? I can see its for 65k right now while my asus was for 38.5. It got returned today though finally due to screen bleeding issue, otherwise i did enjoy using it.
had exact same issue but kept it ASUS TUF FX505DY-BQ002T - https://www.amazon.in/FX505DY-BQ002T-15-6-inch-5-3550H-Windows-Graphics/dp/B07MSK34LL/
Git it for 50k . Was too much effort to replace . No issues during usage , its only during blacks
Thats my crystal disk with WD Black 700

asus WD.jpg

had exact same issue but kept it ASUS TUF FX505DY-BQ002T - https://www.amazon.in/FX505DY-BQ002T-15-6-inch-5-3550H-Windows-Graphics/dp/B07MSK34LL/
Git it for 50k . Was too much effort to replace . No issues during usage , its only during blacks
Thats my crystal disk with WD Black 700
Thanks for sharing, yeah me too had no issues with usage but i feared it may spread as it was there in 2 corners and when i moved screen it used to show even more. Plus i wasn't really impressed with performance over a 3 gen older laptop i had at office so i thought might as well return it for now.

I was also spoooked with news that Intel Hyper threading is insecure and a patch to fix it lowers performance significantly. So il wait for now and probably get a i5 version during some sale.

got it for 56.5k with paytm CB and icici CB. For me I wanted a slim laptop with business usage and personal too. It fits almost all my needs except it doesn't have numpad. Numpad can be a big deal for business requirement.

My lenovo 530s has 2 slots, one is m.2 2280 and 2242. 2242 came with the laptop WDS520 and I bought a new SSD Samsung 970 Pro(Oh Yeah!). Both 500 gigs.

Here's the comparison.

A.jpg

Last edited:
tha ks to all. i guess theres a i5 version of this laptop with a m2 ssd of 512gb. i will order that when i see a sub 45k price
yep. I actually had an issue recently that the power port IC got fried and as Lenovo doesn't repair parts in India, so they said they will replace the motherboard , not a big deal but as the laptop is new model so they didn't had the part, took 11 days first and still no part, so they offered i7 as replacement for the same, took total 18 days (I was frustrated - whole different story for another day) but it went fine. They said to replace the whole laptop too but they said this on 14th day, which I then denied coz wanted to use the laptop.

btw it comes with m.2 2242 WD PC S520 (can be different for you as that depends, same model can have diff company ssd, may be samsung but not evo series). it has m.2 2280 slot empty. Comes with only one ram port of 8 gigs, replaced it with 16gigs.

Some shitty decisions for this laptop from lenovo : No Numpad, speakers bottom facing, no LAN port, and only one ram port. If they can achieve this with same design may be in 540s or something, I would totally jump on it. It's a great laptop nevertheless and beats in any other in the same or more price range.

Some shitty decisions for this laptop from lenovo : No Numpad, speakers bottom facing, no LAN port, and only one ram port. If they can achieve this with same design may be in 540s or something, I would totally jump on it. It's a great laptop nevertheless and beats in any other in the same or more price range.

Some decisions are increasingly frustrating with laptop designs. Combination of Soldered RAM and single RAM slot is nuisance. Few even have audacity to include most USB ports as USB 2.0.

Yeah. This one has 2 USB ports (i believe both are 3.0) and one type C. Meets my requirements but wish it had one more just in emergency. When they changed the mbd, i saw there was plenty of space for speakers to be front facing rather than bottom but design is flawed. I don't think laptop of this slimness can have LAN port so I can let it go but come on, Numpad is always a must for business purpose. While this one was getting fixed(18 days dead) I used one of my very old sony laptop lol which has numpad. Just used it for my work and using numpad was such a relief. It was like having so much space to breathe. The keyboard in this has very less travel, I guess I have to get used to it (and I have pretty much) but not having numpad still bugs me so much. I love this laptop and I can spend 70-80k again right now for same config laptop and everything same with numpad and ram requirements of mine.

Back