Budget 21-30k Laptop suggestion where SSD can be installed

pom99

Disciple
I need a core i3 8th gen laptop under 30k where I can install an SSD and 8GB RAM

What's your Budget? Up to 30k
What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Office work. Heavy duty MS word like 4-5 docs open at one time with at least 10 tabs open on the internet browser. loads of writing involved. almost 10 hours of usage every day.
What size and weight considerations do you have? None
Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Had a very bad experience with Acer long ago.
Any other considerations? . APUs are sluggish so not thinking about them. Core i3 8th gen if available in the budget should be fine.

Regards

P.S. Lot of people claim that MS Office runs fine on laptops under 30K but in reality, have found that even Windows 10 is sluggish on a Core i5 8th gen and even freezes when multiple tabs are open in the browser with MS word and excel open. Could be a problem with the laptop but that's my exp.

Last edited:
There are a lot of good second hand ones available too. Just so you know, I mostly buy secondhand systems for work at my place (we are into training and authoring), and I have never had issues with running windows 10 on fairly old systems with 4GB RAM. I have about 14 systems (3 laptops, 3 tiny pcs, 4 mini itx, 2 full sized ones with, and 3 allinones) all running Windows 10. The mini pcs and full sized ones have SSDs and 8GB RAM or above. The laptops are all old (4th gen or earlier) i3s and i5s wiht 4gb or 8gb ram. I do not have too many issues.

And SSD should usually be able to sort stuff out. 8GB ram will also be of help. I even run Illustrator on one of my Tiny PCs (i5 3rd Gen, 8GB) without slowing it down too badly.

Also, to answer your question: I used to buy all my second hand systems from ebay (I am still waiting for it to comeback), and after the flipkart fiasco, I am buying directly from the sellers without any middlemen. Thankfully, they have been honest businessmen so far :D

oldlappy.com is where I source my stuff from now. (he was an ebay seller)

There are a lot of good second hand ones available too. Just so you know, I mostly buy secondhand systems for work at my place (we are into training and authoring), and I have never had issues with running windows 10 on fairly old systems with 4GB RAM. I have about 14 systems (3 laptops, 3 tiny pcs, 4 mini itx, 2 full sized ones with, and 3 allinones) all running Windows 10. The mini pcs and full sized ones have SSDs and 8GB RAM or above. The laptops are all old (4th gen or earlier) i3s and i5s wiht 4gb or 8gb ram. I do not have too many issues.

And SSD should usually be able to sort stuff out. 8GB ram will also be of help. I even run Illustrator on one of my Tiny PCs (i5 3rd Gen, 8GB) without slowing it down too badly.

Also, to answer your question: I used to buy all my second hand systems from ebay (I am still waiting for it to comeback), and after the flipkart fiasco, I am buying directly from the sellers without any middlemen. Thankfully, they have been honest businessmen so far :D

oldlappy.com is where I source my stuff from now. (he was an ebay seller)

Thanks for the link. The stuff he has is interesting and in fact very tempting, but though frankly speaking am scared about buying used stuff because if it gives out, I will have nowhere to turn to.

Thanks. Checked it out. Seems fine but out of stock. Can't see it elsewhere though there is the exact version minus the SSD on Amazon itself for 30K.

Yes. I got the SSD one for 30k. the HDD one was 28k at the time.

Thanks everyone for your responses but my buying plans have been put on hold for some time now. Will let you know when I finally make the purchase.

Back