Budget 51-70k Laptop with Core i5 (8-10th Gen) and 16GB RAM

Ram S

Recruit
Hi Friends,
I am looking for a durable laptop with good reviews with below details.
plz help me with Model number or Link in India.

Budget: Below 75K
Brand: Lenovo preferable, then HP.
Processor: intel i5 (8 to 10 Generation) or i7
RAM : 16GB DDR4 (Must)
Screen: 15" or +
Storage: SSD/HDD (or both)

-Ram

I recommend you to go for MSI Alpha 15 A3DD-044IN (Ryzen 7 16GB 1TB HDD 4GB Graphics Windows 10). It is considered as one of the best Laptop till now and it's under your budget as well.

8 GB normally suffices, they do give the provision to add additional ram upto 16gb thereby a total memory of 20gb(4 GB soldered).
I was looking the same for my aunt, have shortlisted Lenovo S340 and Dell INSPIRON 5490.

Lenovo S340 is something you can check in retail stores. I tried one at Croma store.
I would suggest if possible in current scenario, take a look at nearby store as it would help you to decide your options.

Lenovo S340 is something you can check in retail stores. I tried one at Croma store.
I would suggest if possible in current scenario, take a look at nearby store as it would help you to decide your options.
Aren't malls closed? Sorry if I am not keeping updated with what is closed and what is open?
Which location of Chroma did you try?

Aren't malls closed? Sorry if I am not keeping updated with what is closed and what is open?
Which location of Chroma did you try?
Croma exists as a separate outlet in my city rather than inside mall. Also there are less restrictions here.
I am sorry if malls are closed in your area, look for other stores such as Vijay Sales or any other electronics store in your area that may be open.

I am seeing lot of people complaining about Wifi Connectivity Issue of Lenovo Ideapad S540 (Model : 81NG002BIN) and S340 . True ?
Then it will not be wise to but it.

Lenovo (Slim) 5.

For 16GB RAM you may need to check the manufacturer websites, or even ask thier CC. 4GB to cut cost & 8GB are normal on marketplaces.

I mentioned, you will need to check the manufacturers websites, or talk to local vendors/online computer sellers (not marketplaces like Amazon/fk). 16GB RAM is not "normal" config.

Why Intel? Its generally a bad idea to buy anything in that price range which isn't based on Ryzen 4000 processors.

What is the primary use of this computer?

Lookup the Dell 3400, i5 8th gen - it should be available around 50K. It has an M2 nvme slot + HDD. Supports upto 32 officially, pickup the 16GB SODIMM RAMs from @ganesh_2218 and upgrade it cheap.

Ensure you get the one with 3 years warranty. If the prices are on the higher side, check elsewhere. With the entry of 10th gen + new Xiaomi laptops and Ryzen 4000 series laptops, the 8th gen is getting price cuts.

Also ensure the laptop (if you pickup something else) does not come with soldered RAM if possible.

Dear all,
What is the review about - HP 15-ec0026AX Gaming Laptop ?
I need to to do video editing and programming as well ?

Ryzen 4000 would suffice for occasional video editing needs.

Laptops biggest weakness is the lack of space to circulate & cool things down. GPUs genrate loads of heat and most of the times, end up as biggest causes of failures. Consider a eGPU that can run of a thunderbolt/USB-C port.

Back