Less than 10K Larg screen sized smartphone

hardyieks

Disciple
HI!

need help regarding a large screen sized smartphone around 7k/8k...for my mom

she wants to replace her iphone 3g

have to consider following points
1.white coloured /silver coloured / pearl finish etc.
2.4.5 to 5 inch screen/ should be good for watching youtube videos
3.no nokia 501 ..she didnt like it
4. battery life

If you want a decent large screen phone in that budget then I would suggest the Xolo Q1000 Opus. You can get one for ~8.5k to 9k. Large 5" screen (FWVGA) Xolo's build quality is also pretty decent.

If you want a better brand and want to stick to your budget of 8k then the Huawei Y511. 4.5" WVGA and a better brand than Xolo but comes with only 512MB RAM.

There are no 4.5"+ phones from big brands like Samsung, Sony, HTC or LG in the sub 10k range.

thanx for your reply,
xolo q1000 opus is a nice phone..but cant find it for around 8.5k ....also how is xolo q700 compared to opus except screen size difference?
should i go for that if willing to compromise on screen size?
i couldnt find huawei anywhere near my place,
my mom also like karbon A35 and lenovo A800...are they good compared to xolo phones ?

Xolo Q1000 Opus has a quad core processor whereas the Lava IRIS has only dual core. So I guess Xolo would be preferred fir better bang to the buck
Purchased for a friend Lava IRIS503 White 5" screen with 4.2.2 @ 8K, you can check it if you feel like, he's using it since last 3 months and no problems at all.

thanx for your reply,
xolo q1000 opus is a nice phone..but cant find it for around 8.5k ....also how is xolo q700 compared to opus except screen size difference?
should i go for that if willing to compromise on screen size?
i couldnt find huawei anywhere near my place,
my mom also like karbon A35 and lenovo A800...are they good compared to xolo phones ?

Karbonn - I am not sure about the build quality. But the A800 not worth its price for the specs.

The Xolo Q1000 opus is available for 8.7k from indiatimes. The website's service is average.
It was available for ~8.5k after discounts from ebay last week. Google a bit for mobile prices comparison.

I found this site (91mobiles) to be a decent mobile prices aggregator. Not a 100% accurate but enough to get one started.
I recently got an iBall 5li for 7k for my mom. She had a similar set of requirements - has to be white, 5in., Jelly Bean/Google Now etc. So I know how difficult it can be to match all of the criteria with a limited budget. Good luck.

Last edited:
Samsung Duos S7582, 4" , Android 4.2, Problem Free, Read Review at Flipkart
Though battery is NOT that good, lasting for 1 day only :(
But all other thing is Really very good including Camera Quality :)

...this situation for one who Riding 150cc and expect 250cc performance
S7582 is Dual Core... though I don't understand those technical aspects well... still S7582 (Dual Core, 4gb ROM, JB 4.2 etc) better than S7562
^ that is Duos 2, original Duos S7562 is an award winner for Most laggy handset of 2013.

Back