Storage Solutions Large capacity External Hard Drives

labakkudas

Disciple
I currently have 4x 2TB external hard drives purchased over the last 4-5 years. I would like to buy one large drive to consolidate all of the data on these drives for:

(1) ease of access
(2) insure against one of my current drives going bad

Are there any suggestions for a drive with 8TB or more capacity - I personally like the WD EX2 but it seems to be crazy expensive on amazon.

Having more smaller capacity drives is actually better. If a drive goes bad, you will lose a few GB at most. If you put all your stuff in a 8 TB HDD and it conks off after you sell your other drives, just imagine how much data you will lose.

You're right. I want to invert it so the single drive has backups of all the data on my smaller drives.
I'm looking at a WD 8TB drive on amazon.com which comes to $300 including shipping & duties.

I think he wants large 8tb to make a backup copy for small 4x2tb drives.he dosent want a raid setup.

Hi labakkudas,
I'd suggest you to go with the latest WD My Book because the latest version of the WD My Book has the full version of the WD Smartware Pro software. It is an automatic backup software and It works quietly in the background to help protect your data using minimal PC resources.
WD My Book is a latest product and more compatible with latest hardware and softwares.
For more information about WD My Book, you can refer to the link below.
http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=eL7v33
Hope it helps.

Hi labakkudas,
I'd suggest you to go with the latest WD My Book because the latest version of the WD My Book has the full version of the WD Smartware Pro software. It is an automatic backup software and It works quietly in the background to help protect your data using minimal PC resources.
WD My Book is a latest product and more compatible with latest hardware and softwares.
For more information about WD My Book, you can refer to the link below.
http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=eL7v33
Hope it helps.

I cannot find the 8TB drive anywhere in India though!

Back