Laser Printer with Scan and Xerox (All in One Kind) - B&W ok, low maintenance preferred

This is a very good model. Offline it goes lowest to 14k.

It has wifi, easily refillable. Has duplex. My friend is using it since 3-4yrs as a mini xerox machine. Works great. Very popular.

I have the cheaper model with just printer. Its amazing. I bring a 100 rs toner and refill + reset whenever required. Nothing beats it.

By refilling it yourself, you can save around 200 per refill and in a few yrs you'd save enough to get another one of these printers if your volume is high :D

The duplex works very well. I have printed documents with 500 pages in duplex (in bunch of 50 or 100s)
Which model is your ?

This is a very good model. Offline it goes lowest to 14k.

It has wifi, easily refillable. Has duplex. My friend is using it since 3-4yrs as a mini xerox machine. Works great. Very popular.

I have the cheaper model with just printer. Its amazing. I bring a 100 rs toner and refill + reset whenever required. Nothing beats it.

By refilling it yourself, you can save around 200 per refill and in a few yrs you'd save enough to get another one of these printers if your volume is high :D

The duplex works very well. I have printed documents with 500 pages in duplex (in bunch of 50 or 100s)

What offline stores should I look for? Honestly if i am saving a lot then only I will opt for offline else I will just buy online and be done with it.

We use Canon 244dw at work - has everything you need. Costs around 20k all inclusive and even has ADF scanning. Only negative is the usual chip cartridges and the toner change irritations.

It has a fax. What stands out here is the device memory. 512MB. The brother has only 32MB so this one can handle multi user print jobs better. Not necessary in a home environment.

It can handle legal size printing and scanning which the Brother cannot. Monthly duty cycle is 5k pages more at 15k pages/month than the brother at 10k/month.

It has a detailed display and is back lit. Best is that display swivels up. What i like about the brother is the display points up since i'm usually standing when i use it. The HP in comparison has the display pointing horizontally so its to be used sitting down or you won't see the display.

Last edited:

It has a fax. What stands out here is the device memory. 512MB. The brother has only 32MB so this one can handle multi user print jobs better. Not necessary in a home environment.

It can handle legal size printing and scanning which the Brother cannot. Monthly duty cycle is nearly double that of the brother at 15k pages/month

It has a detailed display and is back lit. Best is that display swivels up. What i like about the brother is the display points up since i'm usually standing when i use it. The HP in comparison has the display pointing horizontally so its to be used sitting down or you won't see the display.

I actually did not peruse the other posts. We went with the Canon since we wanted something reliable and with good ASS - both of which we got with this. Its replacing our standalone printers/xerox machines pan India. So far works great.

Brother DCP-1616NW Multi-function Printer. It's an all in one. Brought on flipkart for 10.5k about a year back. It's wifi so can print from mobile as well with the brother app
Come to think of it i did see your model at the local brother distributor back in 2016 but can't remember why i didn't go for it. Maybe the lack of duplex

DCP-1616NW.jpgDCP-L2541DW.jpgMFC-8910DW.jpg
Post automatically merged:

@blr_p

For the brother printer I had mentioned, do I have to buy replacement toner only or I can get the existing toner refilled somehow for cheaper price?

Also for replacement, do I need to buy original brother toner cartridge or some other generic brand is ok?
There are ways of refilling it but you would need experience as to what toner powder to use. The wrong kind won't print well. Could cause problems with the drum too. Who can help with that ?

I don't plan to refill, i'm sticking with OEM toner. Prices aren't too high and would last years with my use.

Last edited:
Ok so i just called up my local brother retailer (got its location from brother's website and luckily it is very near). They told they have this one...

The guy on phone could not give me price as it told "abhi sab bandh ho gaya hai". Probably he was cross checking price from somewhere else. I saw online and this is "Tank" printer. I am confused what tank printer is and are they any good? Somewhere I read it is inkjet like but uses bottled ink or so.
Can anyone tell me if these are economical in terms of refills or so?

edit: I am dumb. It is the same printer. Let me get the final price from him and will buy then online or offline.

Last edited:
Ok so i just called up my local brother retailer (got its location from brother's website and luckily it is very near). They told they have this one...

The guy on phone could not give me price as it told "abhi sab bandh ho gaya hai". Probably he was cross checking price from somewhere else. I saw online and this is "Tank" printer. I am confused what tank printer is and are they any good? Somewhere I read it is inkjet like but uses bottled ink or so.
Can anyone tell me if these are economical in terms of refills or so?

edit: I am dumb. It is the same printer. Let me get the final price from him and will buy then online or offline.
Ink tank is a kind of inkjet. I mentioned this earlier. There is a thread here where people spoke about it. Its cheaper and you get colour.

Ink tank is a kind of inkjet. I mentioned this earlier. There is a thread here where people spoke about it. Its cheaper and you get colour.

But the one I am planning to buy which is 17K on amazon is laser right? Because the amazon listing for some reason says "Ink Tank" so it is confusing.

Jeez man, what confusion is this. Just got to a few local shops that are popular. They will give you rates instantly. They will also refill it later for 200-300. Amazon is overpriced.

Yes its laser printer only. Prints only black and white. Prints duplex. Just watch a review or something online.

Hello members - Excellent topic and discussion going on, Complete noob here.....

Just wondering where the HP Laserjet M1005 stands in this regards - Almost all Govt Office/Courts and some remote places/tourist spots of India I find this printer used as Xerox machine - Upon searching YT shows tons of Tuts regarding 12A refilling.....must be running very very cheap.

Looking for a solution at home for scan/copy job.

What is the expert's opinion regarding this....Amazon IN does have negative comments too.

Hello members - Excellent topic and discussion going on, Complete noob here.....

Just wondering where the HP Laserjet M1005 stands in this regards - Almost all Govt Office/Courts and some remote places/tourist spots of India I find this printer used as Xerox machine - Upon searching YT shows tons of Tuts regarding 12A refilling.....must be running very very cheap.

Looking for a solution at home for scan/copy job.

What is the expert's opinion regarding this....Amazon IN does have negative comments too.

I have it.

Bother one is better. Its called a mini xerox machine. It has duplex which is a life saver and ADF. Also has wifi. Its very easy to refill the brother one too. If you need help I can post pics next time. There are plenty of tutorials for it too. Only thing they dont show in tuts is how to reset the cartridge gears. Just posting one pic will solve that problem.

Refil cost for my HP printer is 350 (Guy comes to office to do it.). For brother it is 100 (I get the toner in bulk and Do it myself. I have just the printer which has same cartridge)

If you dont need duplex, adf, wifi, then you can go for HP. In HP one is easier to set up other size pages like a5 etc. These are also work horses like brother one.

Hello experts - if you can please share your thoughts about, This one don't have any Wi-Fi or LAN port just simple USB only - Original Toner Cartridges is quite cheap comparing other Brother Model, I'm interested on Scan - Copy function only, Hope this one can take two pages in the memory and print in one.....or Not...

What interested me is the low price of the original toner comparing the other model suggested here....but what is the catch ? Something is there...right...

https://www.amazon.in/Brother-DCP-B...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YZZ9DNHQWNBG3BXEWJSY

https://www.amazon.in/Brother-TN-B0...Z8303GTRM43&psc=1&refRID=K4FFBX48BZ8303GTRM43

Hello experts - if you can please share your thoughts about, This one don't have any Wi-Fi or LAN port just simple USB only - Original Toner Cartridges is quite cheap comparing other Brother Model, I'm interested on Scan - Copy function only, Hope this one can take two pages in the memory and print in one.....or Not...

What interested me is the low price of the original toner comparing the other model suggested here....but what is the catch ? Something is there...right...

https://www.amazon.in/Brother-DCP-B...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YZZ9DNHQWNBG3BXEWJSY

https://www.amazon.in/Brother-TN-B0...Z8303GTRM43&psc=1&refRID=K4FFBX48BZ8303GTRM43

see the toner reviews. I think this will print less than what is advertised.

Never replied to this thread. I finally got the one @blr_p suggested. Brother DCP-L2541DW. I am so much thanking myself for not cheaping out and getting the non wifi model. I am so much happy with the WiFi model and ability to instantly scan or print using mobile phone is really convenient.

Never replied to this thread. I finally got the one @blr_p suggested. Brother DCP-L2541DW. I am so much thanking myself for not cheaping out and getting the non wifi model. I am so much happy with the WiFi model and ability to instantly scan or print using mobile phone is really convenient.
Welcome to the club :D

I find the configuration options on a phone more limited than on a PC, particularly scanning where you need to play with contrast & brightness which is what this printer is ending up doing most of the time.

Good app to have with brother products. Manuals, faqs etc.

To get access to the indian variant, go to settings and change language to Asia/Oceania. Other countries (English)

Then select monochrome laser fax - DCP-L - DCP-L2 - DCP-L2541DW

Last edited:
Is this discussion still valid?

Am looking at almost similar requirements as OP

Price for 2541DW is now 16900 on flipkart after discounts.

Is it worth it?
@blr_p

It has been a year and the printer still works. The ink went to "replace toner" level just a month back and I feel I rushed having the powder added as even shopkeeper told me there was still life left. For Rs. 250, I got the toner refilled. I am satisfied with this printer.

It has been a year and the printer still works. The ink went to "replace toner" level just a month back and I feel I rushed having the powder added as even shopkeeper told me there was still life left. For Rs. 250, I got the toner refilled. I am satisfied with this printer.
Is it priced right? 17k approx?

Is it priced right? 17k approx?
Checked my order history on amazon and it was bought for Rs. 17,139.00.
You can check on pricehistory.in to see how the price fluctuated for this. I see amazon is selling the same for Rs. 18399 as "Deal of the Day" :facepalm:
With the current discounts, you can get Rs. 1500 off with certain credit cards which should bring price to under 17K.

Back