Lasik/zyoptix surgery?

smnrock

Skilled
I'm planning to do lasik, but doing google gives lot of negative results :( So i'm confused now... whether to do or not? Any one here have done in past or your friends, please give your feedbacks/ideas/advices, thanks!

my sister got it done a few months back. She is facing no problems at all right now. It is usually recommend for people with high power, my sisters power was only like -2.5. If you go to a reputed doc then it shouldn't be much of a problem. First they scan your eyes to check if you are eligible for surgery. Get that done first.

i had a high no. and had it done 4 years ago and regret not doing it earlier. (though my night vision isn't as sharp as before but not really a problem)

go to a reputed doctor with the latest equipment and dont look at only the cheapest available. a good doctor will do all the tests and then will tell u if yr eligible.

ultimately though it is a surgery and there r risks involved and if u google there are many negative reports so in the end u have to weigh the possible advantages and the risks involved and come to your own conclusion.

soumalidon said:
my sister got it done a few months back. She is facing no problems at all right now. It is usually recommend for people with high power, my sisters power was only like -2.5. If you go to a reputed doc then it shouldn't be much of a problem. First they scan your eyes to check if you are eligible for surgery. Get that done first.
i have around -4.2 ish power but i dont want to take risk my aunt is a doc she told me its kinda risky and stuff...

It is not risky, the operation happens for 2-3 mins. and in couple of hours you can see the world clearly :). I done it before 7 years and i have 't faced any probs till now. Choose an Hospital who are experienced in doing this. I did @ Aravind Hospitals.

pratikb said:
what is your age?

what is your refractory error?

it all depends on these factors.
Age is 31 and in one eye -2.0 and another has -2.5! Planning to do in vasan eye care, madurai! Is any one having experience with them?

I got mine done in Vasan eye care, Chennai 7 months back. Painless procedure. First few months you'll have dry eyes problem. Am doing great right now. 6/6 visision in left eye and 6/5 in my right :). Let me know if you want more details :)

6/6=> what is this refers? For me both eyes have 6/6 and left eye has 2.0 and right one has 2.25 as sph values. Is this readings are safe?

Sent from my Desire HD

Back