Latest AMD Ryzen 2 processors and X470 chipset motherboards have been launched!

One thing to note is that i cannot run the ram at 3200 mhz(cannot boot), currently it's running at 2866Mhz. May be another bios update will fix this.

Yes bought 3200Mhz, please read above for full config. This king of blue screen issues should be fixed in few months when new bios updates are released.

oh gawd, not the RAM instability issues again!

anyways, i saw on the anandtech site that the CPU only supports up to 2933 mhz (in a spec table in one of their articles) which is probably why you're not getting the full 3200 ?

Currently using my Corsair VS650 power supply, have overclocked the processor to 3.9GHz all cores with 1.33Volts(36 Degrees idle, 65 degrees at full load).
You must be either rich or have balls of steel, or both lol.
I don't know about the build quality but that Antec case is pretty nice design-wise. I even have some pictures of it saved. How is the build? Because it seems to have a lot of plastic/glass from the looks of it.
Btw I didn't know that the 3200MHz memory leads to bsod. Wow. :O Has AMD acknowledged the problem?

anyways, i saw on the anandtech site that the CPU only supports up to 2933 mhz (in a spec table in one of their articles) which is probably why you're not getting the full 3200 ?

Dual rank 16GB ram sticks will always put more load on the memory controller. I am sure that the published specs are for single rank sticks.

I had to do a ton of tweaking and even afterwards my 2x16GB kit works only at 2T @ 3200 on a 1700/Asus ch6. So I run it at 14-15-15-36 at 2933 1T and it gives higher ram bandwidth scores than two single channel sticks at 3200 1T 14-14-14.

Bought Ryzen 2700(Using my old Deepcool gammamax 400 cooler) - 23.9k, Asus ROG Strix x470-F - 17.5k, Gskill Ripjaw V 3200Mhz 16 GB DDR4 single stick(will upgrade to 64gb later) - 15.5k and Antec DF 500 RGB(excellent case :)) - 4.6K from Vedant Infotech Kolkata. Plan to buy Corsair TX650M power supply and another 3 16 GB rams to make it 64GB. Currently using my Corsair VS650 power supply, have overclocked the processor to 3.9GHz all cores with 1.33Volts(36 Degrees idle, 65 degrees at full load). Will go for 4.2 GHz when i have a better power supply.
If you hit 4.2 GHz then do post the temps here. It will be interesting to see how the cooler holds up at 4.1 - 4.2 GHz

It seems like a compatibility issue and nothing to do with what the CPU supports. Even Intel CPU supports only up to DDR4 2666 but Z370 Mobo can handle DDR4 4000. This blue screen issue seems to occur on non X Ryzen 2600 and 2700. Also the integrated memory controller on 2600x and 2700x is upgraded for faster memory compatibility. Maybe the non X variants still uses the old memory controller.

Last edited:

I think this will be solved by future BIOS updates. If you want to be absolutely sure then buy Gskill FlareX, that ram supports any ryzen board(made for AMD Ryzen). It was not available when i bought my system.

You must be either rich or have balls of steel, or both lol.
I don't know about the build quality but that Antec case is pretty nice design-wise. I even have some pictures of it saved. How is the build? Because it seems to have a lot of plastic/glass from the looks of it.
Btw I didn't know that the 3200MHz memory leads to bsod. Wow. :O Has AMD acknowledged the problem?
Hehe, was short on money after buying this parts. I hope one month of Corsair VS 650 won't cause any issue, because that smps is not even 80+ Bronze(only white), however it's made by Corsair.
Build quality is good, comes with three dust filters(top and front are magnetic), has integrated RGB hub(may use this if your Motherboard has no RGB support), comes with tempered glass, Looks are pretty awesome. Cooler master has Masterbox lite RGB, however before buying that please note that it has very small front intakes, which will wreck havoc in Indian summers :) This Antec case has no such issues due to the two large gaps in the front. Also the price is very competitive at 4.6k only.
Actually this is pretty normal with new motherboard releases i think. The will fix it by adding more ram lists in the QVL with bios updates and hopefully i can overclock this ram to 3400-3600Mhz.Gskill FlareX works absolutely perfect with any motherboard, that's what i have heard from online reviews. It wasn't available unfortunately when i i bought my system.
Here are some Photographs of my build :

IMG_20180426_121733768.jpg
IMG_20180425_154901966.jpg
IMG_20180425_154917501.jpg
IMG_20180425_154932656.jpg
IMG_20180425_154940683.jpg
IMG_20180425_204427711.jpg
IMG_20180425_204504812_LL.jpg

If you hit 4.2 GHz then do post the temps here. It will be interesting to see how the cooler holds up at 4.1 - 4.2 GHz

It seems like a compatibility issue and nothing to do with what the CPU supports. Even Intel CPU supports only up to DDR4 2666 but Z370 Mobo can handle DDR4 4000. This blue screen issue seems to occur on non X Ryzen 2600 and 2700. Also the integrated memory controller on 2600x and 2700x is upgraded for faster memory compatibility. Maybe the non X variants still uses the old memory controller.
Sure, will try 4.3Ghz then when i have new SMPS :) Will update you guys about the overclocks.
Only way to make sure it's true is to check with a 2700x in my system. We will know if that's the case when there are more reviews out on 2700 and 2600.

Sure, will try 4.3Ghz then when i have new SMPS :) Will update you guys about the overclocks.
Only way to make sure it's true is to check with a 2700x in my system. We will know if that's the case when there are more reviews out on 2700 and 2600.
For this configuration you might as well get the Corsair RM650X. Checked one Ryzen 2700 review and the memory was running fine at 3400 MHz so this is just a compatibility issue with new motherboard.

For this configuration you might as well get the Corsair RM650X. Checked one Ryzen 2700 review and the memory was running fine at 3400 MHz so this is just a compatibility issue with new motherboard.
The RMX one is full modular and cost is little high. The TXM one is semi modular so the price is about 2k less. Both are 80 Plus Gold.
Good to hear that :) Please share the link for this review.

Build quality is good, comes with three dust filters(top and front are magnetic), has integrated RGB hub(may use this if your Motherboard has no RGB support), comes with tempered glass, Looks are pretty awesome. Cooler master has Masterbox lite RGB, however before buying that please note that it has very small front intakes, which will wreck havoc in Indian summers :) This Antec case has no such issues due to the two large gaps in the front. Also the price is very competitive at 4.6k only.
I love chassis with uncovered front-fans. Seems like the trend has faded away. But CM does have this. It's nice.
https://mdcomputers.in/cooler-master-masterbox-mb500-mcb-b500d-kgnn-s00.html

Thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1524812672][/DOUBLEPOST]
I love chassis with uncovered front-fans. Seems like the trend has faded away. But CM does have this. It's nice.
https://mdcomputers.in/cooler-master-masterbox-mb500-mcb-b500d-kgnn-s00.html
Yes this was my second choice, i would have bought it if this antec one was not available. For me the cons for the Cooler Master one are : price-1K extra, top clearance isn't much, look wise i like the Antec one better.

Last edited:
Does any body from Hyderabad know if these motherboards and CPU's have landed in CTC?[DOUBLEPOST=1524843683][/DOUBLEPOST]I checked with Swetha computers in CTC and they say it will take a week or two to get the 2700X here.

In any case, I am planning to get the CPU from US by end of next month and save some $$$. What would be the best RAM kit to go with it as I heard that Ryzen likes some ram chips better than others ? I am fine with 2933MHz or 3200MHz and preferably 32 GB.

Last edited:
What would be the best RAM kit to go with it as I heard that Ryzen likes some ram chips better than others ? I am fine with 2933MHz or 3200MHz and preferably 32 GB.
GSkill Trident Z, Sniper X or Flare X should work fine with Ryzen. These 3 Kits are used in most reviews. With current RAM prices 32 GB will cost you a bomb.

Yes prices look crazy even in US. Is there any difference between 4 x 8 GB and 2 x 16GB for Ryzen? In some older platforms, 2 sticks used to play nicer than 4 sticks. If 4 x 8GB is fine, I will get a 2 x 8B Kit for now and add one later. Only reason I want to go for 32 GB is because I already have 16 GB in the rig I built 7 years ago and while it doesn't make much difference for gaming, I also run virtual machines through virtual box and I would be able to allocate more RAM for them.

GSkill Trident Z, Sniper X or Flare X should work fine with Ryzen. These 3 Kits are used in most reviews. With current RAM prices 32 GB will cost you a bomb.
Can you summarize the difference between those RAM models?

Also anyone know when the bios update for that 3200MHz support would come?
Has AMD acknowledged the problem?
Also this ^ too

The RMX one is full modular and cost is little high. The TXM one is semi modular so the price is about 2k less. Both are 80 Plus Gold.
I would suggest the Seasonic M12II models over the TX-M. M12II models are all fully modular. In case you dont know there are two affordable models, 520W and 620W. Not sure about the prices. Tirupati aftersales is also pretty good. We helped someone on this forum RMA'd his Seasonic PSU. Corsair aftersales in Delhi is also reliable.

Yes prices look crazy even in US. Is there any difference between 4 x 8 GB and 2 x 16GB for Ryzen? In some older platforms, 2 sticks used to play nicer than 4 sticks. If 4 x 8GB is fine, I will get a 2 x 8B Kit for now and add one later. Only reason I want to go for 32 GB is because I already have 16 GB in the rig I built 7 years ago and while it doesn't make much difference for gaming, I also run virtual machines through virtual box and I would be able to allocate more RAM for them.
Supported memory speed drops with 4 sticks of RAM but aggressive memory overclocking on X470 helps with that. Check this page- https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-review,5571-2.html

Can you summarize the difference between those RAM models?

Also anyone know when the bios update for that 3200MHz support would come?

Also this ^ too

I would suggest the Seasonic M12II models over the TX-M. M12II models are all fully modular. In case you dont know there are two affordable models, 520W and 620W. Not sure about the prices. Tirupati aftersales is also pretty good. We helped someone on this forum RMA'd his Seasonic PSU. Corsair aftersales in Delhi is also reliable.
Trident Z 3000 MHz and above uses Samsung B die which is really good for RAM overclocking. Flare X and Sniper X is targeted towards AMD and uses Hynix ICs.
Seasonic is good no doubt about it but both the corsair models are better than seasonic. Corsair TXM and RMX series PSUs are 80+ Gold rated and comes with 7 and 10 years of warranty respectively. While both of the Seasonic models are 80+ silver rated and comes with 5 years of warranty. Seasonic has newer and better models which are not launched in India. Also the official distributor of Seasonic in India Tirupati Enterprises which goes by the name Overclockers Zone sells everything at higher prices.

Supported memory speed drops with 4 sticks of RAM but aggressive memory overclocking on X470 helps with that. Check this page- https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-review,5571-2.html

Trident Z 3000 MHz and above uses Samsung B die which is really good for RAM overclocking. Flare X and Sniper X is targeted towards AMD and uses Hynix ICs.
Seasonic is good no doubt about it but both the corsair models are better than seasonic. Corsair TXM and RMX series PSUs are 80+ Gold rated and comes with 7 and 10 years of warranty respectively. While both of the Seasonic models are 80+ silver rated and comes with 5 years of warranty. Seasonic has newer and better models which are not launched in India. Also the official distributor of Seasonic in India Tirupati Enterprises which goes by the name Overclockers Zone sells everything at higher prices.
Yes, that's why the Seasonic Prices are inflated! Why doesn't someone notify Seasonic about this issue, they are losing customers this way! Seasonic supplies parts to Corsair, they and EVGA makes very good quality power supplies. Also before buying Power supply go through the tier list here : https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
Always buy Tier 1 or 2.[DOUBLEPOST=1524930424][/DOUBLEPOST]The G Skill ripjaws V 3200Mhz is good ram right? I had to buy what was available at the time of buying other parts.

Back