Latest AMD Ryzen 2 processors and X470 chipset motherboards have been launched!

Can someone make a separate thread (in the appropriate section) about the RAM compatibility and other things with all the details? We'll ask the mods to sticky it.
I'm trying to come up with a build. Might get it this July or early August before my birthday. :D

What do you guys think of the Gigabyte Aorus boards? Like the X370 and X470? Kind of digging the Wifi version seeing as I won't have a BB connection right away.

Okay I'm going to have to tag and quote every damn thing lol
I got the Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 WiFi board today. The GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz 32 GB Kit is out of stock with the local distributor.
Motherboard - 20k
16 GB RAM - 22k
Is there a non-RGB/8GB variant of this memory? I cannot imagine shelling out 22k for a mere 16GB memory. I saw this on md. Vengeance LPX DDR4 8GB 3000MHz for 7.1k. How is it?
https://mdcomputers.in/corsair-vengeance-lpx-8gb-ddr4-3000mhz-cmk8gx4m1d3000c16.html
Is there a better RAM than this but priced lower than the Gskill Trident? I would definitely OC.
I found one costing 8500 but I'm not sure.
https://mdcomputers.in/g-skill-trident-z-rgb-8gb-ddr4-3000mhz-f4-3000c16s-8gtzr.html
Taken from when I put everything together to test. Too much RGB bling :p
RAM not visible in this pic though..

View attachment 75359
Nice. I wish AMD give the led cooler on all the Ryzen X-model. I will have to buy this cooler now.
https://mdcomputers.in/cooler-master-masterair-ma610p-map-t6pn-218pc-r1.html
And as for the motherboard I might get the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 with WiFi.

^^ For AMD, you would preferably want to get a RAM kit built around the Samsung b-die chips. None of the GSkill Trident RAM's below 3200MHz are Samsung. Even in the 3200 MHz kits, only the CL14 ones have Samsung chips. The other 3200Mhz kits seems to be reaching max 2933 MHz with AMD Zen+ chips. If that is sufficient, go ahead. Also, note that Trident RGB and non RGB in the same series are expected to have the same chips.

Also, my build is not finished yet. Still struck waiting for new Chassis Thermaltake Core X9. If it doesn't work out, I am considering building my own chassis with 2020 Aluminium Extrusion and Plexiglass.

^^ For AMD, you would preferably want to get a RAM kit built around the Samsung b-die chips. None of the GSkill Trident RAM's below 3200MHz are Samsung. Even in the 3200 MHz kits, only the CL14 ones have Samsung chips. The other 3200Mhz kits seems to be reaching max 2933 MHz with AMD Zen+ chips. If that is sufficient, go ahead. Also, note that Trident RGB and non RGB in the same series are expected to have the same chips.
Which other 3200MHz kits? Non-Gskill ones?
Correct me if I'm wrong but HyperX RAM are hynix chips no? What about the Vengeance LPX?
And funnily enough the non-RGB single 16GB 3200MHz is about 1000rs costlier than the RGB ones.
Not really liking that TT chassis btw. :S

I meant even GSKILL ones other than cl14 kits. Other brands are also hynix.

As for chassis, I don't like any thing else that is on the market. All shitty and cramped chassis and with tempered glass taking priority over air flow.

Last edited:

While you are correct in distinguishing the chips, hynix ram can easily do 3200 MHz as well. Only issue is it won't do so out of the box. You have to manually tweak timings as Zen/Zen+ memory controllers are pretty fussy about ram sub-timings and things like ProcODT resistance. Many boards don't expose these advanced settings and as a result they'll fail to scale with non B-die ram. Get the right board and it all works fine!

As for chassis, I don't like any thing else that is on the market. All shitty and cramped chassis and with tempered glass taking priority over air flow.
I too was tempted by tempered looks as aesthetically they really look beauty but at the cost of compromised airflow.
Such cases are best suited in chilly conditions or if you are running your system in a clean dust free room which has air-conditioning running under 20-15°C.
For a normal homy dealing with exhaust and high temps is a pretty pain as the user will be constantly worried about the temps and he cant really do anything about the ltd exhaust or heat dissipation.
He wont be able to OC and have to stay happy with the stocks.
Recently saw some tempered cases with some good airflows as like a high tower case but it costs a bomb so unless tempered gets that common in every households its prices will be all time high.

Well said man. And aluminium ones nowadays cost an arm and a kidney. Stupid tempered glass trend. :facepalm:
I'm glad I didn't sell off my old TT full tower.

The main reasons I liked the Core X9 is the removable motherboard tray and the horizontal layout and the fairly modular design. You can change a lot of things around. If you have to place the chassis on the left side side like me towards the wall, the acrylic or tempered glass panel on the left would be meaningless with any other case. In this case you can swap around the side panels and it would still not be pointless the motherboard is horizontal. You can swap the I/O module from left to right. You can swap the PSU placement. You have multiple radiator spots. You still have space of lots of HDD. It may not look the best and its made of steel and weighs a ton, but its function over aesthetics. Only thing I detest about it is the front design.

Last edited:
Well said man. And aluminium ones nowadays cost an arm and a kidney. Stupid tempered glass trend. :facepalm:
I'm glad I didn't sell off my old TT full tower.

This is ~10k and really rather good with no TG and RGB stupidity.

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-r6-black

Airflow is fantastic, great build quality, lots of space for expansion and liquid cooling and finally the looks are very functional but aesthetically pleasing at the same time.

Looks a bit cramped for me. I am currently using a full tower chassis that is 230(W) x 618(H) x 663(D).
Moving to a tower case that is 233(W) x 465(H) x 543(D) would be difficult.

Looks a bit cramped for me. I am currently using a full tower chassis that is 230(W) x 618(H) x 663(D).
Moving to a tower case that is 233(W) x 465(H) x 543(D) would be difficult.

The thing to remember is that current gen cases make way more efficient use of space compared to say the stacker 830 or similar from yesteryear. The internal usable volume might end up being similar.

If you want a larger case, there is only one sane option - the Corsair 900D.

^^ It is supposed to be Samsung b-die as per Gigabytes own claims. But you would expect CL14 @ 3200MHz with those chips.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12872/gigabyte-enters-memory-market-with-aorus-rgb-led-ram

GIGABYTE’s entry into the memory marketplace is a bold move for the company at a time when supply chains seem to be waning. DRAM shortages have been affecting pricing for memory and graphics cards for months, and it’s surprising (if not somewhat suspicious) that GIGABYTE was able to tap a manufacturer for Samsung b-die ICs.

Back