Latest PC DRM tech too hard to crack, “no more cracked games in two years,” says cracking group

Hindi is our one of official language, but its not our national language.
Hindi is 50% of the set of official languages to be precise.

Also, I am not against any language. I am against the concept of shunning indigenous languages and wholly adopt English for local dealings in India .[DOUBLEPOST=1452833550][/DOUBLEPOST]Which many "elites" here subscribe to!

Allow me to give you a bad news. Hindi is the national language!

Then, allow me to inform you that Hindi is just an official language like several others pointed out. Hindi never had any qualification to a national language. If there were to be a selection based on extent of usage across the country, it would have been English. Even Bengali and Tamil were more eligible than Hindi in another sense. Hindi speakers increased today merely because of it being forced on the population just like English.

Further, if you have such burning desire to patronize your "national language", why don't you just do that and leave this forum which has an "English only" policy and go to some Hindi forum. All the members would appreciate it very much (though members in those Hindi forums might break their head).
Also, why don't apply the same patriotic sense and stop pirating and playing games that are not in Hindi. The entire game developer community would appreciate it very much.

India is considered a big market by all mobile handset makers. While it has poverty as well, No where else would you rarely find so many people willing to spend $1000+ on a phone.

At the same time, there is a reason why game developers don't consider India to a market worthy enough often to even release their games, let alone spend effort on localization despite its vast market potential. You see stealing is not a option for phones and a person who would spend 1.5 Lac to get the latest iPhone off ebay would rather pirate a game than buy it at even Rs 500.

Last edited:
Hindi never had any qualification to a national language. If there were to be a selection based on extent of usage across the country, it would have been English.
I am not forcing anything. Read my post carefully and take notes to comprehend and then comment!

I am not forcing anything. Read my post carefully and take notes to comprehend and then comment!
You said Hindi is our national language. I told you its otherwise and you changed the goal post. And again I replied, which you quietly ignored. And then you say others to 'read my posts carefully, comprehend, take notes' oh, irony.

India is considered a big market by all mobile handset makers. While it has poverty as well, No where else would you rarely find so many people willing to spend $1000+ on a phone.

At the same time, there is a reason why game developers don't consider India to a market worthy enough often to even release their games, let alone spend effort on localization despite its vast market potential. You see stealing is not a option for phones and a person who would spend 1.5 Lac to get the latest iPhone off ebay would rather pirate a game than buy it at even Rs 500.

India as a market is still in its nascent stage for software ips. If you see, it has not yet integrated seamlessly within the govt also(officially, except NIC, Deity and Ernet, you won't find many government organizations overseeing IT deployment). Thus, people don't take it seriously and piracy is open. Also, as a culture, many don't feel like spending 3k on games for a single play through. Furthermore, people in India like to show off and you can't show off your hefty game purchases to the general public, as gaming is more or less a private hobby. Thus piracy is rampant in India

Moreover, the online gaming scenario is on the decline here. Leaving few games, people are not interested in online gaming (non availability of servers, low pings on Singapore servers, monopolization of few greedy game companies like valve and ea etc. I have contacted many members of this forum also for online co op play but the interest levels were low( probably they have the pirated version of the game) and so it doesn't make any sense to shell out 3k on such games.

For instance the game evolve on Xbox one is coop heavy. I don't see many Indian players online so why should one spend 2-3k on such games?

The developers need to create an ecosystem here to promote original games. I don't see that happening as their primary focus is EU, Americas and Japan only. Even the Chinese market is ignored for some reason alien to me!

I was about to buy Nintendo 3ds for coop play only. Unfortunately, no ons wants to shun their software hack so I dropped the idea altogether!

Majority would rather spend lakhs on hardware (to show off obviously) and then leech software off torrents. Heck, I have even seen tournaments happening on pirated versions. See my point was, until games are not readily available as books and also priced similarly, people in India would find no value in spending so much on it. The reasons are multipronged which varies from our culture (where more emphasis is given on other forms of entertainment) to availability to cost etc.

I want to bring another angle here to this discussion. I was an ardent fan of the half life franchise. But, the greed of valve totally killed it. They are earning much more from microtransactions of games and thus they won't come out with HL3! What sort of retarded logic is that? Likewise, many companies are slowly moving to online only environments which won't work in India at all. Single play component is of paramount importance and the companies should realize that! Greed doesn't work everytime!

Moreover, the online gaming scenario is on the decline here. Leaving few games, people are not interested in online gaming (non availability of servers, low pings on Singapore servers, monopolization of few greedy game companies like valve and ea etc. I have contacted many members of this forum also for online co op play but the interest levels were low( probably they have the pirated version of the game) and so it doesn't make any sense to shell out 3k on such games.

For instance the game evolve on Xbox one is coop heavy. I don't see many Indian players online so why should one spend 2-3k on such games?

The developers need to create an ecosystem here to promote original games. I don't see that happening as their primary focus is EU, Americas and Japan only. Even the Chinese market is ignored for some reason alien to me!
you cannot take the number of members of this forum and use that as base for forming your opinion. The number of people here represent insignificant percentage of total population of india. There are many indian groups active on counterstrike.
India as a market is still in its nascent stage for software ips. If you see, it has not yet integrated seamlessly within the govt also(officially, except NIC, Deity and Ernet, you won't find many government organizations overseeing IT deployment). Thus, people don't take it seriously and piracy is open. Also, as a culture, many don't feel like spending 3k on games for a single play through. Furthermore, people in India like to show off and you can't show off your hefty game purchases to the general public, as gaming is more or less a private hobby. Thus piracy is rampant in India
I never heard of people buying games to show off. I'd like to know if this really happens

Majority would rather spend lakhs on hardware (to show off obviously) and then leech software off torrents. Heck, I have even seen tournaments happening on pirated versions. See my point was, until games are not readily available as books and also priced similarly, people in India would find no value in spending so much on it. The reasons are multipronged which varies from our culture (where more emphasis is given on other forms of entertainment) to availability to cost etc.

I want to bring another angle here to this discussion. I was an ardent fan of the half life franchise. But, the greed of valve totally killed it. They are earning much more from microtransactions of games and thus they won't come out with HL3! What sort of retarded logic is that? Likewise, many companies are slowly moving to online only environments which won't work in India at all. Single play component is of paramount importance and the companies should realize that! Greed doesn't work everytime!
Motive of any company is money. If valve decides that microtransactions earn it more money than half life 3, then there's no point of it developing half life 3. This is exactly what any manager would do. Hate valve , hate Gabe newell but don't call it greed

you cannot take the number of members of this forum and use that as base for forming your opinion. The number of people here represent insignificant percentage of total population of india. There are many indian groups active on counterstrike.
I have clearly mentioned about the monopolization of certain game titles. Not everyone is into cs you see.

I never heard of people buying games to show off. I'd like to know if this really happens

Come to any game parlour of Delhi and get the shock of your life![DOUBLEPOST=1452840961][/DOUBLEPOST]
Motive of any company is money. If valve decides that microtransactions earn it more money than half life 3, then there's no point of it developing half life 3. This is exactly what any manager would do. Hate valve , hate Gabe newell but don't call it greed
And then you want your fraternity to care for yoy? Heck no! There are many groups and a movement is on the rise to shun steam totally!

No one in india is buying evolve or rainbow six seige in droves either.[DOUBLEPOST=1452841231][/DOUBLEPOST]
And then you want your fraternity to care for yoy? Heck no! There are many groups and a movement is on the rise to shun steam totally!
If revenue from microtransactions becomes low and low, you bet valve will get off their asses and develop HL3,Portal 3 or whatever needed to earn money

But clearly people are buying shit loads of crap like hats, knifes and what not from steam

Back