Latest PC DRM tech too hard to crack, “no more cracked games in two years,” says cracking group

what monopolisation?! evolve is shit. rainbow six seige is an interesting take but will it last in the long run remains to be seen. counter strike is at top because clearly people are playing it and community is strong. Each update of counter strike beings tons of people complaining about broken games system but even then counter strike is still at the top.

steam clearly has origin and uplay as competitors but they don't offer nearly the range of games steam offers. Publishers are free to publish on whatever platforms they want but majority of gamers still prefer steam. That is slowly changing though due to origin

What about other genres like rts, racing etc?

Also, if there is a strong community of cs, why don't we see world class clans here?
what monopolisation?! evolve is shit. rainbow six seige is an interesting take but will it last in the long run remains to be seen. counter strike is at top because clearly people are playing it and community is strong. Each update of counter strike beings tons of people complaining about broken games system but even then counter strike is still at the top.

^ by world class clans you mean indian clans participating in international tournaments, there are many indian teams which participate in international tournaments.[DOUBLEPOST=1452842123][/DOUBLEPOST]
What about other genres like rts, racing etc?
what about it?[DOUBLEPOST=1452842240][/DOUBLEPOST]And thread is totally derailed. It would be better if mods move these posts to an separate new thread.

^ by world class clans you mean indian clans participating in international tournaments, there are many indian teams which participate in international tournaments.
Not exactly. One clan has to participate anyways. By world class I meant clans winning tourneys or atleast going through first couple of rounds, which unfortunately doesn't happen!/

what about it?
I don't see a community here! However many still play rts single player! Why is it so?

Also, in the recent past, no major tourney has happened for pure rts titles. Now don't bring in dota, lol etc here!

India is playing football since an long time. Or hockey too. Do you see our teams qualifying for world cup? Why do think it happens? Because exposure and ground level infrastructure is low. Same thing with online gaming. first of all not all indians are online. second, most of them cant afford good internet connection. Counter strike is popular and dota2 is popular to some extent so you see indians in it.

Only 33% of indians are online. Most of them have shitty internet or connect through phones directly. Where is the incentive to play online games?

Because exposure and ground level infrastructure is low. Same thing with online gaming. first of all not all indians are online. second, most of them cant afford good internet connection

Exactly! Now you knw what I meant in the first place! This is the reason for piracy also!

The problem is that India never evolves at the pace that developed or even developing nations do. Even if game prices were lowered, no one would buy the games until internet speeds are made 10 times better. I bought FIFA 14(PC) and FIFA 15(PS3). We really enjoyed playing 14 because we were 4 friends who used to play at home together. When we moved away from each other, we decided to play online. However the pings and speeds made the experience so bad that we ended up selling off our consoles. We had bought brand new consoles just for the sake of playing this one game.
My brother and many of his friends (most of whom are in either CS or Dota Clans) regularly buy games even for single player missions.

The things right now are how they were a decade or so ago for luxury car manufacturers.As our internet becomes more capable, the demand will increase and that will make the game publishers take notice and come up with better marketing strategies.
That is how businesses work. Right now they are making profits very easily without the Indian gamers. No businessman will change a winning formula until the market dictates it.

You pointed out that Valve doesnt come out with HL3. As somebody already pointed out that they will do so if they stop earning money. The market only can dictate that.
You or people ranting over the internet wont change anything. Your asking them to work on HL3 is akin to asking someone who has rented his shop, to instead open his own business. Why would a person invest both his time and money when he is easily earning money already.

Last edited:
India as a market is still in its nascent stage for software ips. If you see, it has not yet integrated seamlessly within the govt also(officially, except NIC, Deity and Ernet, you won't find many government organizations overseeing IT deployment). Thus, people don't take it seriously and piracy is open. Also, as a culture, many don't feel like spending 3k on games for a single play through. Furthermore, people in India like to show off and you can't show off your hefty game purchases to the general public, as gaming is more or less a private hobby. Thus piracy is rampant in India

That very "culture" that you are talking about and the attitude that comes with it extends to every aspect of how people in India behave and is exactly why discrimination, dishonesty and corruption will have no end in this country and things like progress and development will just remain little more than nice sounding words on paper and a pipe dream.

Development is not just what some numbers tell about how our economy happens to be doing because those numbers in our case happen to be purely coincidental and not a deliberate result. Our economy is so fragile that it can get screwed royally any time. Development is a product of a right mindset and the ability to push in the right direction. There can be no progress for a people for whom sincerity and earnestness is not even a part of the mindset.

Corruption and dishonesty are present in every country, but whereas they are exceptions in other countries, its the norm in India and sincerity and honesty are seen as the rarest of exceptions. In fact, its being treated as idiocy or naivety. For instance, my peers at work (including our finance dept) treat me as naive for refusing to submit fake rent, travel and medical bills to evade taxes.

Then, there are also people like you abound. You openly chide people for being sincere and want to them be do dishonest things. Remember that you are not asking people to stop playing games and save money which would at least be reasonable, but you are encouraging them to pirate which is illegal (FYI, regardless of whether you are facing the consequences or not, piracy is illegal in India and carries a prison sentence up to 3 years (7 days minimum) and fines up to 2 Lac (50k minimum) and it is merely thanks to game developers and publishers that pirates in India are not being pursued) and even going as far to glorify that sort of mindset.

You don't want tax payers to question how tax money is being spent, you don't want there to be any sort of accountability from govt, you want the govt to keep spending money on random freebies to build vote banks instead of building concrete base for empowering people to grow. You don't want any form of sincerity/earnestness to exist in the nation and you expect that somehow our country will progress magically.

<2% of the gaming population

So. For the companies, those 2% are only worth working for, since they are the only ones passionate enough to continue gaming.
Like you yourself have pointed out, its the woeful online experience that is the deterrent for people wanting to buy the games. Since those people aren't passionate enough, it wouldn't matter to them if the prices are reduced. I wouldn't buy FIFA16 even if it was selling for 500 bucks because even that amount isn't worth spending if I can't play the game properly.

Then, there are also people like you abound. You openly chide people for being sincere and want to them be do dishonest things. Remember that you are not asking people to stop playing games and save money which would at least be reasonable, but you are encouraging them to pirate which is illegal (FYI, regardless of whether you are facing the consequences or not, piracy is illegal in India and carries a prison sentence up to 3 years (7 days minimum) and fines up to 2 Lac (50k minimum) and it is merely thanks to game developers and publishers that pirates in India are not being pursued) and even going as far to glorify that sort of mindset.

Not glorifying it. I am analysing it and providing few justifications. Playing the devils advocate!

So. For the companies, those 2% are only worth working for, since they are the only ones passionate enough to continue gaming.
Like you yourself have pointed out, its the woeful online experience that is the deterrent for people wanting to buy the games. Since those people aren't passionate enough, it wouldn't matter to them if the prices are reduced. I wouldn't buy FIFA16 even if it was selling for 500 bucks because even that amount isn't worth spending if I can't play the game properly.

I see...

That very "culture" that you are talking about and the attitude that comes with it extends to every aspect of how people in India behave and is exactly why discrimination, dishonesty and corruption will have no end in this country and things like progress and development will just remain little more than nice sounding words on paper and a pipe dream.
Moreover this culture is more pronounced in the northern part of the country only. No offense to anyone but people love pomp and show more here. Well, no one can or should judge them for that also. Bottomline is that one must think of the future first( himself and people around him) and then splurge on stuff if that's required. Most of us buy things we don't need!

P.s. don't link the last statement with gaming!

I want to bring another angle here to this discussion. I was an ardent fan of the half life franchise. But, the greed of valve totally killed it. They are earning much more from microtransactions of games and thus they won't come out with HL3! What sort of retarded logic is that?

I don't think its greed..
IMO.. I think their mentality is more like "why to develop HL3 and sell it for 3k-4k when not many are going to buy it and instead will pirate it.. So in order to stop piracy, lets use DRM.. But then again why bother getting abused in TE forums for using DRM and making the game difficult to crack.. Oh so much headache.. Lets drop it and instead concentrate on expansions/in-game add ons.. "
:D

If it was not for cracked version of the game, noone in india will be able to play DA:I.
Piracy does have its demerits and cracking games is a bad idea.
You have tons of free games out there which u can fall on too if u find urself unable to buy a game.
One thing, i will always be thankful piracy is there for is disabling the
After you buy a game u should be able to play it when ever you want, that is a right that u get. But nowadays, game devs are going beyond to make it impossible with constant updates and always online shit.
Plus there is the part of giving u half asses games these days, half done and the rest put behind a dlc, which is totally not worth the price.
Piracy .... not a good thing ... but a useful tool to fight.

My idea on the same is simple - a lot of people who can afford to buy games do not do so because there is no punishment for stealing games. At the end of the day if someone is unable to afford a product (can be anything) he/she should not be using the product.

If it was not for cracked version of the game, noone in india will be able to play DA:I.

Why so? I have a legit copy of DA:Inquisition myself and so do many other people on these forums. The game was not blocked/banned in India, EA just decided by themselves not to sell it from their Indian store front. You can buy it from one of their alternative online storefronts and still play it legitimately.

@Lord Nemesis ... Buying it from the mexican store is not the proper way and does validate my point that if EA doesn't want the money from India, pirated versions here doesnt harm it ... Also i was making a general point using a specific title.
I dont advocate piracy .... only feel it is a tool to fight against dumb practices which the Witcher 3 has clearly shown are not needed.

Back