Latest Talk in Mobile Phones – (My Blog Post)

Deepak

Skilled
Posting a thread after a long time. Samsung's latest phones have got me spellbound, so wrote up a small blog about the same.

Source: My blog here Latest Talk in Mobile Phones – Samsung

Everyone these days is talking about the two latest phones from Samsung. Yes I am talking about the famous Samsung Galaxy S and Samsung Wave.

While Samsung Galaxy S runs on Android (Google’s Mobile Operating System). The Samsung Wave runs on Samsun’g own in house OS by the name of BADA OS. BADA in Korean means Ocean and in Hindi it means Big. And that is what Samsung is aiming at. Big!!!

Now why are these two phones the latest buzz in mobile town. The kind of hardware and software these two phones pack at their respective price points blows away the competition. There are hardly an devices which match the sheer power of these 2 phones. Not to mention that’s at launch prices. Once prices go down in a months, the phones have the capacity to steal anyone’s heart.

Few major features I feel worth mention here are their stunningly amazing Super AMOLED screen (first for a mobile), its amazing touch which rivals the famous I-Phone touch experience and finally its ability to playback videos without converting them into a suitable format for the phone (read I-Phone and I-tunes).

My Verdict: As of now, both these phones are new. While Galaxy S is Samsung’s Flagship Android phone, Samsung is simultaneousness betting huge on Wave and it’s BADA OS, the exact reason why Wave is available at such a great price point. When we asked Samsung why create another OS their answer was two fold “Apna bacha to apna bacha” and “You cannot sell great hardware without great software” and I agree 100 percent with them on both counts. From what I have heard, as a first generation system BADA is top class. Things can only get better from here on

Do visit the blog and leave a comment :)

Good work mate.....

I especially like this line:

BADA in Koran means Ocean and in Hindi it means Big. And that is what Samsung is aiming at. Big!!!

But, I think it should read 'Korean'.......?? Right??

Keep up the good work.

I wonder if prices will drop at all in the near future given the tremendous demand and already aggressive pricing especially for Wave.

Dhanan said:
I wonder if prices will drop at all in the near future given the tremendous demand and already aggressive pricing especially for Wave.
They don't have a choice mate..... Newer hardware, newer features all tend to lower the prices of older tech.

Imagine what would happen if the Desire is also launched as ~27k......

Prices for tech stuff r always south bound irrespective of demand. The launch price of the wave was ~18k. Now it is ~17k..... :)

Back