Video LCD / LED TV - Minimum 46".......Over to you guys

well if u are going to wait might as well wait for 2010 models.
but with the current options,the B6000 and W550A are ur best bets.

The Sony 46W550A costs Rs. 1.1 lakhs. Checked out the price at multiple dealers in Bangalore last week. I will most probably be buying one this weekend.

What else did you consider before buying this one ????????

Also i just checked Sony India website and the price is listed as Rs. 1.13 Lakh which means that the price on website and in stores is on par unlike Samsung where they quote ridiculous prices on their websites.

Also didn't you consider the Samsung 6 series 46" LED . I suppose it is at similar price point if we can remove the 22" bundled LCD with it.

For a viewing distance of about 13-15 feet max would a 42" be suffice or 46" is the one i have to get ??? Price difference between 42 and 46 is quiet substantial so my mind is now dilly dollying. I think i will have to have a look at 42" and 46" TVs. Not sure if 4" difference will be that big or small for viewing.

My dad had called up few showrooms in Mumbai and he got positive response from vijay sales regarding the LH90 47" model. they quoted it at 90k. Should i go for this TV if it is indeed available?

raksrules said:
For a viewing distance of about 13-15 feet max would a 42" be suffice or 46" is the one i have to get ??? Price difference between 42 and 46 is quiet substantial so my mind is now dilly dollying. I think i will have to have a look at 42" and 46" TVs. Not sure if 4" difference will be that big or small for viewing.

My dad had called up few showrooms in Mumbai and he got positive response from vijay sales regarding the LH90 47" model. they quoted it at 90k. Should i go for this TV if it is indeed available?

well for ur viewing distance a 46" is recommended.
the LG LH90 is VFM,but if u are looking for that POP or wow look,the samsung LED will give u that look.
the sony is ur best bet for SD content and sound quality compared to the samsung.

^^ Yes WOW factor will make me happy. But over that i have the measure things like SD and HD performace and price too. Is it that LH90 is only good because of its price or not considering the price, is it still a good TV to buy ????

Also i suppose the difference between Sony W550 and LH 90 should be around 20k. Worth paying 20k more for sony ???

Since this is a not a small budget thing, i have to be very sure what i am buying and not regret later. I am ok with paying a bit more now rather than repent later. Just that Sony one is not a LED LCD while the LG and Samsung ones are makes me a bit concerned.

Sound quality as you pointed out will also be important in my list as i have no intension of buying a 5.1 or home theater anytime soon.

Edit: Consider LH90 out of race as i just contacted Vijay sales borivali and they said company is not sending any stock. Sony W550 is quoted at 1.1 L

Samsung LED 46" was quoted at an outrageous 1.25 Lakh (excluding the 22" bundled LCD TV) :O

Even I searched a lot for the LH90 but it was not in stock anywhere. I didnt really check any models from Samsung. Just checked out the prices of the 6 series non LED model.

So have you finally decided on Sony W550 ??? The shopkeeper told me on phone that only difference between V550 and W550 is that W one is 100 Mhz vis-a-vis V which is 50 MHz (Hz or Mhz ....whatever it is)

Yup Ive decided on the W550. I checked out the V550, W550 and the X series 46" side by side before making my decision. The 200Hz vs 100Hz vs 50Hz difference is really noticeable when fast moving objects or scrolling test is displayed on screen. On the V series model, the text was quite blurred compared to the W series. The best of the lot was the X series but thats definitely out of budget :p

^^ I think for me too the best options sounds the sony. It is available for like 1.1 Lakh here in Mumbai. First of all i can get good PQ and SQ and dont flame me but.."Its a Sony" :p

Samsung LED is out of budget definitely. Bad thing is Sony W550 is not available for display in vijay sales / croma in Mumbai. Need to check other showrooms. This weekend me and my bike will do window shopping of TVs :p

Samsung B650 46" is available at Croma for 1.04 Lakh. How is this anyone ??

raksrules said:
^^ I think for me too the best options sounds the sony. It is available for like 1.1 Lakh here in Mumbai. First of all i can get good PQ and SQ and dont flame me but.."Its a Sony" :p
Samsung LED is out of budget definitely. Bad thing is Sony W550 is not available for display in vijay sales / croma in Mumbai. Need to check other showrooms. This weekend me and my bike will do window shopping of TVs :p

Samsung B650 46" is available at Croma for 1.04 Lakh. How is this anyone ??

the samsung B650 is also a good buy,compared to the sony its multimedia playback is more,but since u have a external media player its of no use.its also cheaper and nearly as good as a SD performance compared to the sony,slightly inferior sound,but then again its 7k cheaper then the sony.
alternately u can buy the sony in the grey market.

also just 2 days ago i saw a guy in bangalore airport get a sony 40" tv,i asked me about the taxes he paid,he said he didn't pay any taxes.

No Taxes ???? Probably he declared them as used. I am not keen on that, i plan to get it from a showroom with warranty and all. Grey market is not really preferred. How much do you expect the difference between grey market and showroom price of sony ???

Also at 7k pricier than samsung, would it be a wise decision to go with sony ??

Anyone here having contact number of Alfa shop (the ones where TVs are sold) ?? Do they answer on phone, if we ask about TV prices ??

Any clue how is this TV ??

http://www.in.lge.com/Product/Produ...rderless Edge-Led Lcd Tv Series&parent=LCD TV

LG 47SL90QR

raksrules said:
No Taxes ???? Probably he declared them as used. I am not keen on that, i plan to get it from a showroom with warranty and all. Grey market is not really preferred. How much do you expect the difference between grey market and showroom price of sony ???
Also at 7k pricier than samsung, would it be a wise decision to go with sony ??
well it sure looked new factory sealed.
the price difference can about 15 to 17% cheaper in the grey market,they also sell the KDL-46?5500(with the addition of etherent IN,DVB-T) compared to indian KLV-46?550A .

well thats just a edge led tv,with poor contrast compared to the LH90 which had local dimming LED.the samsung EDGE LED are different they use VA based panels so natively have a high contrast.

So which one should i go for amongst the following options
Sony KLV-46W550A -> 1.1 Lakh
Samsung LED UA46B6000 -> 1.15 Lakh
LG LH50YR -> 80,000
LG LH35 -> 70,000
LG SL90 -> 1.15 Lakh
Samsung B650 -> 1.05 Lakh
LG LH90 -> 80,000 (Just in the event i am able to get it, but consider this as a non option)

Above are either 46" (for Sony and Samsung) and 47" for LG

Also any more options which can be suggested.
Edit: I am just back from my window shopping at Vijay Sales, Hypercity, croma etc in Mumbai and shrtlisted the following

Sony KLV-46W550A -> 1.1 Lakh
Samsung LED UA46B6000 -> 1.1 Lakh

Although did not get chance to have a look but how would be the LG Scarlett 2.0 47LH70YR

So which one to go for from these two ????

-----------------------------------------
Update

I was checking CompareIndia and one shop in Mumbai that was listed almost everywhere was Mayur Electronics located in Ghatkoper. Any been there or know anything about it ?
They seem to have the best rates. This is what i got information from there

LG Scarlet 2.0 47LH70YR - 73,000
Samsung LED UA46B6000 - 1,06,000
Sony W550A 46" - 1,02,500
Samsung B650 - 93,500

What's the suggestion now ???

I am buying the TV next weekend but whatever i decide will need to tell the shop (whichever i select) at least 2 days before the weekend to confirm my order.

But keeping aside the wow look, still is it a wise decision to go with Samsung LED as against the Sony w500a

Because i checked in showroom, they were running tata sky sab tv and video was very good on the samsung LED one.

Also the LG scarlet is like 25-30k less in price. Should i compromise at this place ???

raksrules said:
But keeping aside the wow look, still is it a wise decision to go with Samsung LED as against the Sony w500a
Because i checked in showroom, they were running tata sky sab tv and video was very good on the samsung LED one.

Also the LG scarlet is like 25-30k less in price. Should i compromise at this place ???

well the B6000 is certainly good,with a higher dynamic contrast then the sony,if u can afford the B6000,then go for it.

^^ Yes i am ready to spend but just now struck that LG scarlet is also an option that i can explore. Economically it is better than Samsung. LED is ok but if it is really not big of a deal then i can give it is a pass. I am not a videophile so main criteria is SD quality which will be the main use. So how is the SD performance on scarlett 2.0 47" ??

This 25k saving is pushing me to scarlet :ashamed:

Also i checked this thread where people seem to be satisfied with LG

raksrules said:
^^ Yes i am ready to spend but just now struck that LG scarlet is also an option that i can explore. Economically it is better than Samsung. LED is ok but if it is really not big of a deal then i can give it is a pass. I am not a videophile so main criteria is SD quality which will be the main use. So how is the SD performance on scarlett 2.0 47" ??
This 25k saving is pushing me to scarlet :ashamed:

Also i checked this thread where people seem to be satisfied with LG

well even in sd content the samsung and sony are better.the 100hz/200hz of lg still isn't as good as the 100hz of samsung or sony.

Back