Video LCD / LED TV - Minimum 46".......Over to you guys

raksrules

Elite
I want to buy a LCD TV and following are my requirements

1. Size - Minimum 46" and 1080p resolution
2. Will be used for normal cable TV (incablenet) and if you guys suggest that it wont look good, i may switch to Tata Sky / Big TV/ Airtel DTH etc
3. Maximum SD content and will watch HD stuff occassionally but not on a daily basis.
4. Will sometimes connect with laptop (through HDMI / VGA) to use as monitor but that will be ocassional and only for fun.
5. Will be using with my PS2 console (no intension of buying PS3 etc anyime soon)
6. Will be used with my Eaget M880 media player through HDMI to watch HD and SD stuff.
7.USB input to TV with media playing capability is not a priority as dedicated media player will be used.
8. Should be easily wall mountable and should look good.
9. Good Sound would be preferred as am not buying a 5.1 system anytime soon. But if TV comes out to be cheaper than i expect i may squeeze the 5.1 also but that is last to last priority.
10. A VFM model of brands either Sony / Samsung / LG (if they are good).
11. Budget - Nothing fixed but i think i can stretch to 1 Lakh (inclusive everything) if it deserves the price but not over that. But cheaper the better.
12. Will be buying in a month or so.
I hope i am not asking too much, just clearing my exact requirements. I have not had look at any models as such and not been to any shop. Based on your suggestion i will go to croma, vijay sales, Hypercity etc in Mumbai (Borivali to Andheri area) and have a look. If you can suggest some other shops that will also be good.

well get the 46B650 if u can order it,since it ain't available in ready stock,most dealers won't even take orders,since they are pushing LED lcds.a 46B6000 LED costs above ur 1 lakh budget.the sony models like W550A are way above ur budget its far from VFM,priced the same as the LED models,but have the edge in SD content.
alternately if u can find the LG 47LH90 u can go for that,again not available easily.

Today i went to few showrooms is Pune but i did not find the LG LH90 anywhere. Can anyone tell me what is so special about this tv ? why is it in demand and not available. Also any showroom in Mumbai which has this TV?

raksrules said:
Today i went to few showrooms is Pune but i did not find the LG LH90 anywhere. Can anyone tell me what is so special about this tv ? why is it in demand and not available. Also any showroom in Mumbai which has this TV?

well whats special is VFM,it has local dimming to make up for the poor contrast that IPS based tvs have,although won't match the contrast of the samsung and sony pixel level wise.
the LG LH90 isn't selling that well in india.according to some dealers they are going to phase it out and get the cheaper EDGE led lcds= more profits,will be priced cheaper.well if u had seen the LG LH90 and a samsung edgeLED ,i still find the HD videos to better in the samsung,the depth in videos is more in the samsung.

Get a 42 inch plasma, and a good home theatre..

Much more VFM.. Also try and get max warranty..LG was giving 3yrs last i remember..even panasonic had diwali offer for 3yrs warranty..

But my requirement is minimum 46" and no plasmas. I also saw the 6 series samsung LED TVs. How good are they ? Currently they are coming bundled with a 22/23" LCD which if removed can reduce its price. It was looking good at least in the showroom. But yes it is pricy at over 1 Lakh.

LH90, everyone says is discontinued. How true is it ???

Also what all show rooms should i visit in Mumbai. I will be going to Vijay Sales (Borivali), Croma (Malad) and Hypercity (Besides InOrbit) this weekend to have a look.

Any other suggestions ???

raksrules said:
But my requirement is minimum 46" and no plasmas. I also saw the 6 series samsung LED TVs. How good are they ? Currently they are coming bundled with a 22/23" LCD which if removed can reduce its price. It was looking good at least in the showroom. But yes it is pricy at over 1 Lakh.
LH90, everyone says is discontinued. How true is it ???

Also what all show rooms should i visit in Mumbai. I will be going to Vijay Sales (Borivali), Croma (Malad) and Hypercity (Besides InOrbit) this weekend to have a look.

Any other suggestions ???

well the series 6 LED is good,but instead of that if u can also get the B750 which has the 200hz AMP.well about the LH90 its hard to find,yes everyone do say its discontinued,but no way to confirm it.

^^ B750 is samsung one ???
Edit: You supposedly are talking about the Samsung LA46B750U1R ???
The official samsung websites says 1.4 Lakh :O

PS: I get confused with model numbers :ashamed:

raksrules said:
^^ B750 is samsung one ???
Edit: You supposedly are talking about the Samsung LA46B750U1R ???
The official samsung websites says 1.4 Lakh :O

PS: I get confused with model numbers :ashamed:

well the samsung official prices are a joke,should be priced about the same as B6000 LED.

So adder, can you list down the models that i should be on look for when i go this weekend to the show rooms. I can max stretch my budget (in extreme case) by 10% of currently set one. This will help me in looking at the ones from which i gonna buy instead of checking out random models.

^^ Does it mean i have very less choices at this point of time ??? :huh:

Also are LG LCDs (except LH90), others like LH50 worth giving a look ?

Well one thing I wld suggest.
First decide what size you need.
For choosing size of LCD check your room`s dimension,
and if size is decided only few choices wld be available and that wld become easier to pick one.

I have already decided on size. It has to be 46" minimum. I am aware that for my budget (~1 Lakh), i cannot aspire to have more size TV.

As far as my room is concerned, the viewing distance at max will be around 12-15 feet, its a bit of rectangular in shape and the TV will be put at the breadth wall of the room.

Back