Video LCD TV ... > 42' Full HD ?

tech_suhail

Disciple
Guys,

I am in the market for a Full HD LCD panel, of all the brands (sony,samsung,philips.toshiba.hitachi) i have looked so far have found Sony 46W400A and Philips 47PFL7482 to be very nice.

Which one outta these two would you suggest... the price difference is 50k straight between them.Got a pricing of around 1.1Lk for Philips and 1.55k for Bravia 46W400A

Also another thing i noticed is that dealers are not carrying many models of big size tv's >42", and below 42 they have lots.:(

Please suggest this is now urgent, need to finalise in next 2 weeks.

Thanks

The Pioneer is probably better but the gap is much closer now. The PV80 is better than all other plasmas available and I'd go on to say the best TV this side of the pioneers.

Thanks guys for all your suggestion..but really dont wanna go for a plasma, since text/presentations is gonna be a job this panel will have to perform, besides satisfying my HD needs.

so whats your take on Philips 47PFL7482....its very lucrative at its price point...which would allow me a decent Sound setup

The LG scarlet is not half as sexy as it looks in the commercial and is well behind the Sony Bravia in terms of Image Quality.

TechHead said:
You sure it's out? Panny's stupid India site still has the '06 models up. :huh:

Its there on the website as well now. The MRP of the PV8 is 70k and for the PV80 is 75k. Sounds like excellent pricing. Street prices should be 5-10 grand lower.

Before you decide have a look at the new Samsung LA46A550-- full HD and excellent picture- just saw one in Delhi Patel Nagar for 1.08 L K, I am sure it is better than Philips Philips 47PFL7482 - other wise if U can spend more then all look at- Samsung LA46A650 for 1.6Lk

Chaos said:
Its there on the website as well now. The MRP of the PV8 is 70k and for the PV80 is 75k. Sounds like excellent pricing. Street prices should be 5-10 grand lower.

That's an insane price :O
No need to even LOOK at anything else in that price range!

TechHead said:
That's an insane price :O
No need to even LOOK at anything else in that price range!

but they are not full HD!

suggested prices are:
Plasma Models:

Panasonic Plasma TH-42PV80 42″ - Rs.74,990/-
Panasonic Plasma TH-42PV8 42″ - Rs.65,900/-

LCD Models:
Panasonic Viera LCD TX-32LX800 32″ - Rs.54,900/-
Panasonic Viera LCD TX-37LX80 37″ - Rs.59,900/-
Panasonic Viera LCD TX-32LX80 32″ - Rs.46,900/-
Panasonic Viera LCD TX-32LE8 32″ - Rs.44,900/-

sharmapu said:
but they are not full HD!

suggested prices are:
Plasma Models:

Panasonic Plasma TH-42PV80 42″ - Rs.74,990/-
Panasonic Plasma TH-42PV8 42″ - Rs.65,900/-

Don't fall for the marketing... Full HD is as overrated as power output in audio systems.

Chaos said:
Don't fall for the marketing... Full HD is as overrated as power output in audio systems.

Further talk on this would be solicited.
I also noticed that PV80 isnt full HD and thought why u'd suggested it when it wasnt full HD. So is all that 1080P thing so overrated? I mean I know that ud have to sit less than 10 feet away to notice the difference but still :huh:
Would I experience any diff while gaming on a 360/PS3 on this panel and a full HD panel?:huh:

Chaos said:

That's incorrect. Full HD is 1920x1080 pixels (1080P) while standard HD is 1280x720 or 1360x768 (numbers may be slightly incorrect). There is a definite difference while viewing native 1080P over 720P. And the pixellation difference is quite obvious, especially on larger sets (go to a electronics store and check out the difference).

Audio input power is expressed in peak music power output in marketing-speak which doesn't mean much since RMS output is what counts. That's definitely an inaccurate measurement of what a system is capable of.

If you're using the TV as a computer monitor or for Blu-Ray content, 1080P is definitely recommended. If you're using it as a TV, 720P is fine since there is still no HD content available in India (AFAIK). I can't speak for gaming. I am using a 46" Samsung 1080P panel as a monitor and driving it via the HDMI port of a AMD690G based Gigabyte motherboard. Viewing distance is about 5-6 feet away and it's fantastic (I just can't get myself to use my laptop's tiny screen). I've torrented some 1080P content and the quality is extremely good, almost 3-D.

Back