Monitors LCD + TV Tuner

Channu

Adept
Hi

I want to get myself an LCD monitor of 19 or 20 inch and a TV tuner to watch Tata sky on it and also have a lil old CPU w/o a monitor lying so might also use it as monitor for it occasionally.

Dont want to get LCD TVs which cost in excess of 20K as want to manage it in 12K max

Is it adviceble, will the picture be good enough ?

I found this TV tuner

TECH-COM

Any one using such setup here and any other better recommendations ?

I have tried the same option i.e 19in LCD Monitor+ TechCom Tuner. The quality is unacceptable. The other branded ones like Avermedia and PixelView might be better. I would reccomend you have a look at this combo before you buy.

The techom tuner costed me around 1500 and the Avermedia was around 2500.

I think DishTV has a setup top box option which has a PC output. Consider this option also in case you haven't purchased the DTH also. No need to buy a tuner in this case.

Now a days, LCD TVs are coming with specs similar to a PC monitor. Consider Samsung LA19R7. It has a reso of 1440*900, Contrast ratio of 1000:1 Viewing angle 150/150. And has a better build quality, can be wall mounted without any extra equipment and is primrarily a TV. Will cost around 18k..

I already have Tata sky but my television has been taken away so needed this kinda setup.

I read that this TV tuner(The TECHCOM one which i mentioned) also got "Best Buy' Silver" award from digit magzine so was thinkin it to be good as it's capable of resolutions upto 1024x768.

Also will a better Tuner card ensure that i'll be getting a good to acceptable quality ?

Back