League of Legends Enters Open Beta

Alias

Skilled
League of Legends is now in open beta and can be downloaded from the below link.
League of Legends Beta Signup

For those who dont know, League of Legends (LOL) is a game from the makers of Dota (a popular Warcraft 3 mod map) which is similar to Dota in gameplay. Unlike Dota, there are many more maps here as opposed to the single map for Dota.

Downloaded and played a couple of games yesterday. Gameplay is very addictive and lag free (PVP setup) and playable smooth even with a 250/300 ping. Game requirements also aren't that too high so it's playable on any 3-4 year old machine.

And oh btw, the game is free! :)

stalker said:
Thought that I'd jump in for a quick battle.. turns out it is nothing like DOTA... its a bit more complicated:(

Tried a few games so have more comments to put on LOL.

The game is much easier to get into than Dota as it comes with a tutorial and also a hero 'guide' that shows how difficult is the hero to play with. Moreover, item buying is easier for a particular hero as they each come with a recommended item list to buy (for that hero) which helps a lot especially for noobs!

Games are easy to join into and have very little disconnects. Also in case of a disconnect, you can always join back into the same game!! That is awesome and helps a lot especially in dota where somebody drops out coz of lag/dc and makes the situation unfavourable!

Game play is good and addictive and graphics(maybe a little on the cartoony side but still pleasant on the eyes.) are clean and neat especially since it supports my native 1680X1050 instead of the stretched warcraft 3 graphics for widescreen monitors.

Overall, a good neat effort especially when you include the ranking stuff and statistics which is a good bonus.

Fyi ... u can use the lolking to check your stats.
Btw with the new system, i am up to bronze III (a second time). Hope to get to silver in 3 - 4 months.

Anyone playing morde now ... how gud is he in the current meta.

Video broke after the forums upgrade, posting once more!

Fyi ... u can use the lolking to check your stats.
Btw with the new system, i am up to bronze III (a second time). Hope to get to silver in 3 - 4 months.

Anyone playing morde now ... how gud is he in the current meta.

Morde isn't that good, dude. Try playing orianna, karthus etc. Very good mids.

Guys you can add me into your list. My id is blackhawkric and am pro with all the roles :p

Specialized and own with :: Xin (jungler), Panth/Garen/Teemo (top), lux/malz/kat (mid), akali(top/mid), Sivir/Trist/Cait/MF (adc bot), nunu/zyra (support)

These are my main champs and i play all others released till date except LB and Kass.

My pentas:: 1 with teemo and 2 with kat last season. Still waiting for a penta this season although had 3 quadra with Xin and 1 with akali

Wow rakesh ... guess u are a pro.
Got penta with Ez last season. Nothin this season so far. Quad with draven.
Cant say really a pro with anything, just i am gud at all roles (including grieving and raging ;) )
Jungle: Xin, Vi, Top: Darius, Jayce, Mid: Lux, Ziggs Support: Lux, Sona, Maokai Adc: Ez, Draven, MF, Graves.

id : caldaster (NA)

I get horrible pings 300+ on all servers. What to do?

Does any of you play via Garena LoL installer? How does that work?

I get horrible pings 300+ on all servers. What to do?

Does any of you play via Garena LoL installer? How does that work?

It works well. Got some of my friends who play there. Pings are usually under 100.

There will a server transfer in the next 60 days (under) which will allow us to transfer our NA or EU W accounts to the Garena server. I'll be doing that when it goes live.

Ping for me to NA differ from 200 - 500. 200 is pretty gud and i don't see any lags. Even 300 is playable.
There is a tool ping of legends, u can search for it in reddit. That will show u approx current ping to lol servers.
How will Garena be. Had read mostly bad about them for some games. If pings will be <100, i will also love to switch.

Back