Legal ? By any Chance?

idea

Adept
Let pic do the talking

3 Days back mirror was flashing a news that car owner was fined as he was using Govt Symbols.

Looking at same repetitions .. it seems that nobody cares.:mad:

well, all legalities apart, even govt cant prosecute this man for having that symbol on his bike. Its a national symbol but keep in mind its actual historic monument. So anyone is free to have that displayed anywhere.

You have restrictions on use of national flag but not on Ashok stambha. (National symbol has 2 linons with satya meva jayte written at the bottom)

ashok-stambha.jpg

There is a restriction on where you can use this exact symbol. Thats not the case here so this looks ok.

idea said:
Let pic do the talking

3 Days back mirror was flashing a news that car owner was fined as he was using Govt Symbols.

Looking at same repetitions .. it seems that nobody cares.:mad:

y r u angry? that biker seems patriotic to me. (also c the IND, He reminds us that He/his bike is Indian, not jst AP :p Nice.)

Shripad said:
well, all legalities apart, even govt cant prosecute this man for having that symbol on his bike. Its a national symbol but keep in mind its actual historic monument. So anyone is free to have that displayed anywhere.
You have restrictions on use of national flag but not on Ashok stambha. (National symbol has 2 linons with satya meva jayte written at the bottom)
ashok-stambha.jpg

There is a restriction on where you can use this exact symbol. Thats not the case here so this looks ok.

I am not sure. If it can be used freely. It is reserved for privileged people only. May be some other members can put some light on it.

I will also try to find out exact law on it.

As mentioned, 3 Days back mirror was flashing a news that car owner was fined as he was using Govt Symbols.

sato1986 said:
y r u angry? that biker seems patriotic to me. (also c the IND, He reminds us that He/his bike is Indian, not jst AP :p Nice.)

Heyy.. Nothing to do with State or something, lets not drag it in to different direction ! :(

^^ using The lion emblem is not illegal, however as Shripad did say earlier .. using the national flag is.

i will try and find out more on this. this is absolutely weird. :|

SoMxNemesis said:
^^ using The lion emblem is not illegal, however as Shripad did say earlier .. using the national flag is.

i will try and find out more on this. this is absolutely weird. :|

We are indeed discussing about national Emblem

Found this info. Might point our discussion into right direction. Infact i was referring to incidence mentioned in First Paragraph of News (Only First Paragraph is relevent in our discussion not whole news bit) Image is self Explanatory.

Source:

VEHICLE INSPECTION - Emblem misuse: RTO decries staff crunch

If Pintu S Sengupta and his female accomplice Suzzane had unauthorisedly displayed the national emblem on their Maruti Suzuki, it was the primary responsibility of motor vehicle inspectors (MVIs) to detect it and take the duo to task. One of the important tasks of the MVIs is to check vehicles to ensure that the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act are not flouted.

Other source (Just a Pointer)

'Take action for misuse of national emblem' - Chandigarh - Cities - The Times of India (For Full Article)

He said that the cars with national emblem can be used only by the Governors and not by their family members or staff.

Will Try for more stuff if required.

Lol you think thats illegal, so many bikers out here in mumbai have the number-plates in the Persian (or is it Urdu script)... and many countless others in the Maratahi language (but at-least its legible since most of us know the Devanagari script..)

that's a Rujputana Rifles insignia. Maybe that guy belong(ed) to the armed forces, and IMHO it cannot be considered as the National Emblem.

Aces170 said:
Lol you think thats illegal, so many bikers out here in mumbai have the number-plates in the Persian (or is it Urdu script)... and many countless others in the Maratahi language (but at-least its legible since most of us know the Devanagari script..)

Very True. However we are discussing about national emblem not on number plate style.. as of now.:)

anibhatt said:
that's a Rujputana Rifles insignia. Maybe that guy belong(ed) to the armed forces, and IMHO it cannot be considered as the National Emblem.

blr_p said:
Looks similar cept for the 4 lions.

This is symbol/insignia for RR as per link given above

Rajputana-Rifles2.gif

Thanks a lot for info.

However it constitutes part of emblem under discussion (Lower 50%).

We are discussing about top 50% that is National Emblem (Three Lions). Highlighted in below image.

It is a simple vanila discussion - Can national Emblem can be used by anyone on vehicle (car/bike etc) and not who is right and wrong.

Not to mention i am not sure and want to update myself with correct info backed by genuine information source with help/input/views of all the members around.

Please feel free to contribute and clear our doubts once for all.

Supporting links would be great addition.

Thanks.

Back