"Legitimate" Affordable High Speed BroadBand now in Mumbai !

@Superbad - can you explain what does caching speed from torrent /google servers mean ?[DOUBLEPOST=1391268106][/DOUBLEPOST]That was my 1001th message :) :D

frequently watched videos from youtube, frequently downloaded files from torrents/google playstore or http are saved on the ISP's servers. hence the speed available on those is over 10mbps (atleast) when downloaded on your pc/phone.

AFAIK its not caching speed but caching data. so basically what these ISP's do is when you download something off the internet that is popular or not popular, whatever, depends on the ISP's policy, obviously the downloaded files come through the ISP's servers from the International Servers. So the ISP's keep this file on their local servers so that whenever another user tries to download the same file, instead of providing this file from the international servers they provide it from their cached data and that too at high speeds. this is a win win situation for both your ISP and you. Because you end up getting the file much much faster no matter how slow your connection, and the ISP's dont have to incur increasing cost again and again to cater to different customers wanting to download the same file.

if you know, it doesnt cost the ISP's to give you speed of download. what costs them is how much data is getting transferred between them and the international servers. the broadband line that comes to your home is already capable of a 100 Mbps. the speeds are artificially capped so that the ISP can charge different amounts of money and create ten different kind of schemes for the user. basically if you've a limited connection say of 20 GB, then it doesnt make a difference to the ISP whether they've given you a 512 Kbps connection in which you will take 4 to 5 days to consume 20 GB (continuous download) or whether they give you a 100 Mbps connection in which you end up downloading the entire amount in a fraction of the time.

eg. when i downloaded the Windows 8 preview copy, which was more than 1 GB compressed (if i remember it correctly) even though I was running a 512 Kbps airtel connection, I ended up downloading the file at a speed of 10 Mbps. I was happy. The ISP's happy because they saved the money due to 100 different users trying to download the same windows 8 preview setup.

3 Grand for 6 months not 1 month.Also you has pathetic service(around 9 friends have it) , and they do not provide service in Andheri West , which is even more sad.

And i dont use this connection , this is used at home by my parents and they do not need unlimited connection , so even the 4gb is not used up every month.

Anyways i dont see you broadband 50 mbps plans for 600 per month,coz that is what hathway is offering.

I use MTNL 1/2mbps no fup,450 per month.

Sure as hell , wont pay 2k per month for 50mbps from YooBroadBand.

http://www.youbroadband.in/broadbandplans/mumbai.php

thumb5-5.jpg

Mumbai doesnt have 50 mbps either.

Max youbroadband offers is 12mbps (25 GB FUP)...for 1270 + taxes for 1 month.

770 Installation charges plus 900 Refundable deposit for modem.

GDEGRfmReUHGv92cvCUpVZcu4KC4AHsWHyVCh2fFIkaCBA0qwXfhDJZTKyU5d-NPZQ=w1808-h808

From the above screenshot.

6 months "UPTO" 10 mbps is 4694 plus taxes.approx 10 gb per month , and 512 kbps after FUP.

Sure YouBroadBand is customer centric.

Seems legit.

I now pay 3819 for 6 months , 10 gb per month , for 50 mbps.512 kbps after fup...

They do have service in Andheri west

Ofcourse Mumbai has shit plans , thats why this is revolutionary.

Nothing Beats beam telecom in Hyderabad,ACT in bangalore and Chennai,Alliance in Kolkata.
These plans look good.

Bear in mind cable guys have their wires running through trees. So the up time isn't the same as those that have their cables underground. Having been through cable hell (disconnects on avg twice a day) before i switched to airtel, i've found downtime a great deal more upsetting than perhaps less affordable download rates.

These plans look good.

Bear in mind cable guys have their wires running through trees. So the up time isn't the same as those that have their cables underground. Having been through cable hell (disconnects on avg twice a day) before i switched to airtel, i've found downtime a great deal more upsetting than perhaps less affordable download rates.

I have been using hathway since 6 years.No downtime....my MTNL is down since 4 days and wont be coming back till tuesday..suing hathway since last 4 days...0 downtime and good ping for gaming..

You does not have service in the Andheri West area , and i guess JVPD falls in that area.

Hathway on the other hand has the best service in Mumbai in this region...as the only players present here are Hathway,7star,MTNL...a few use pacenet (no idea..)...

7star has a 8k plan per year 1mbps no fup...are u sure you are paying over 1k per month ?

Well i was migrated to Tata branded WiMax years ago... the plan im on is "New Infinity 500" Prepaid at Rs.36.66 per day! Im being ripped off! Let me connect with Hathway right away :)

I have been using hathway since 6 years.No downtime....my MTNL is down since 4 days and wont be coming back till tuesday..suing hathway since last 4 days...0 downtime and good ping for gaming..
This is where things become subjective. Evidently, hathway has many customers in your area. So if a problem arises then it will be reported by others preferably before you even notice it . Where i am ACT has few customers, i still use them for cable tv though. I've noticed if a problem occurs after close of business, nothing will be fixed until the next day and more often the afternoon of the next day. With TV i don't care as i hardly watch much but with internet this would be unacceptable.

BSNL used to be very clear for me until the linesman got it into his head to shift my cable from the pole to a junction box at the back. The line became noisy and signal quality deteriorated. I'm not going with BSNL broadband.

I have a choice of at least 5 ISP's where i live and airtel has come through over the last five years without a hitch.

Last edited:
Damn, YOU broadband does not do any caching i believe. I always get my plan speed on downloads and never more. Btw i am on 1 Mbps plan.
Even youtube videos most of the time stutter if i go for 360p (forget about going above this).

Enjoy the speeds......till FUP hits.
FUP on such plans should be like 200 GB and such i feel. 10GB and all is too paltry. This is the reason why streaming media will never be success in this country. Netflix and such provider wont really step in India ever.
Bigflix i believe is not really doing well, selling their subscription for Re 1 per month as intro offer (for one month only).

My dad doesnt even finish the 4gb per month of the earlier plan..10gb is more than enough for him...

100-200 gb at 600 per month ?

Im paying only 600 / month.

QOS is definitely better than MTNL...yet im hanging on to it...paying 550 combo plan..

Back