Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro launched in India @ 33k

- Back camera is pretty good. It has a professional mode which I didn't use so far. Didn't test out the front camera either.
Do a test to see how well OIS works.

Try and hold it steady. Ensure OIS is enabled (if it has such a an option otherwise its default enabled).

pick a static subject, go to 'pro' mode and set iso to 100 & shutter speed to 1/8, click, any camera shake in the photo.

If none try the same with 1/4, 1/2 and then 1 second.

How slow could you go ?

was looking for a phone for my dad, stuck between Moto X 2014 and this. he wants a 32GB phone and id hoping Moto X 32GB version releases soon. Lets see

Got this today definitely in need of a case nothing is available in market

Attachments

• 1413118362777.jpg
    1413118362777.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 186
^^ I didn't check myself, but it should be working, There is a forum where Lenovo themselves clarified this. Also, the reviewers on flipkart as well as comments on gsmarena say that it is working.

^^ I didn't check myself, but it should be working, There is a forum where Lenovo themselves clarified this. Also, the reviewers on flipkart as well as comments on gsmarena say that it is working.

I have tried even sharing file using WLAN which is also not working
Should i return the mobile / should i go to lenovo service center[DOUBLEPOST=1413373930][/DOUBLEPOST]Have raised my concerns with flipkart...let us see how it goes from here

Last edited:
I have tried even sharing file using WLAN which is also not working
Should i return the mobile / should i go to lenovo service center[DOUBLEPOST=1413373930][/DOUBLEPOST]Have raised my concerns with flipkart...let us see how it goes from here

Update :

I have received a replacement from Flipkart.
But in the new one also OTG pendrive does not, am i missing a trick here

^^ That's odd. It should work be working. What happens on the phone when you plugin the drive? Nothing at all or at least detecting that a device is plugged in? Does the drive have an indicator and if so does it light up?

I don't have an USB drive with the Micro USB connector specifically marketed as an OTG drive, but I just managed to find my USB to Micro USB converter cable and plugged in my Corsair Flash Voyager using it. The phone immediately detected it and opened the file manager to show the files. I also played a HD movie file from the drive without any issues.

Can you see what this app tells you? Its supposed to tell you if your device supports OTG or not.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.usbotgchecker

Disclaimer: I have not tried it myself as OTG works for me fine.

^^ That's odd. It should work be working. What happens on the phone when you plugin the drive? Nothing at all or at least detecting that a device is plugged in? Does the drive have an indicator and if so does it light up?

I don't have an USB drive with the Micro USB connector specifically marketed as an OTG drive, but I just managed to find my USB to Micro USB converter cable and plugged in my Corsair Flash Voyager using it. The phone immediately detected it and opened the file manager to show the files. I also played a HD movie file from the drive without any issues.

Can you see what this app tells you? Its supposed to tell you if your device supports OTG or not.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.usbotgchecker

Disclaimer: I have not tried it myself as OTG works for me fine.

///////

USB OTG Checker app i installed in my previous phone also and it is showing that mobile has the USB OTG HOST, but it was also not able to detect the pendrive when connected.
I Should try connecting using a USB Cable instead :eek:

Hmm, AFAIK, the only thing different about the drives marketed for OTG is that they have the Micro USB connector built in so you can directly plug it in. Are you sure that you are plugging in the connector fully? If you have access to an Micro USB to USB adater cable, try using that to connect.

BTW, did you manage to get any case for the phone. I am fed up waiting for something to show up in India. So, I order this from China.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-...en-Protector-Retailed-Package/2040175707.html

Its already shipped out by the seller. I just hope that it will get delivered and timely enough that I won't die of old age waiting for it. :rolleyes:

Hmm, AFAIK, the only thing different about the drives marketed for OTG is that they have the Micro USB connector built in so you can directly plug it in. Are you sure that you are plugging in the connector fully? If you have access to an Micro USB to USB adater cable, try using that to connect.

BTW, did you manage to get any case for the phone. I am fed up waiting for something to show up in India. So, I order this from China.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-...en-Protector-Retailed-Package/2040175707.html

Its already shipped out by the seller. I just hope that it will get delivered and timely enough that I won't die of old age waiting for it. :rolleyes:

I've ordered hard back case from Ali express and the pen drive gets connected with micro USB adapter.

But still I'm not able to transfer file using wlan.

That's interesting... The OTG adapter cable has a Micro-A connector on on end and standard-A female connector on the other side. I assume that this OTG USB drive will also be having a Micro-A connector. If that is the case, I don't see any reason why it should not work.

As for the WLAN transfers, how are you trying that? I typically use Airdroid to transfer stuff over WiFi and it worked without any issues.

^^ What do you mean "upgraded to 4.4.2" ? Didn't your unit come with 4.4.2 out of the box? My unit came with 4.4.2 and also the same is mentioned as the OS version in the spec's. But in any case, I did not face any heating issues in my limited usage so far (which is mostly benchmarking and some video playback). The back did get slightly warm, but its same as my Galaxy S3 and no where as bad as my Galaxy S.

Back