Letter to tata indicom and comments from concerned people

pom99

Disciple
I am a customer of your Tata Photon plus Internet service

The maximum speeds that one may get according to your advertisements is 3.1 mbps. This, I realize is more of a optimum scenario and not something that we can get regularly. I have been facing problems with my internet connection and as a result getting speeds which do not qualify as broadband speeds (less than 256 kbps, I have screenshots giving the speeds) as a result of which I complained to your customer care and a JE was sent to my house on April 29th. After checking the speeds at the given time and ignoring my previous screenshots, he told me that the speed which he was getting was 300 kbps which was 'fine' because in Guwahati the average speed of 256kbps is considered to be ideal and max speed might be up to 600 but never 1mbps. He told me that I could talk to the nodal officer about this , if need be.

He then connected me to the nodal officer, Angshuman Borbora, who in turn told me that "average speeds are 256kbps and maximum speeds that are reached in Assam are up to 600kbps".

Now based on this quote , I have few questions of your company.

1. IF the maximum speeds attainable are up to 600kbps why does your company advertise speeds up to 3.1 mbps in Assam?

2. Why does your company fail to mention in the advertisements that average(256kbps) and maximum speeds(600kbps) are what customers will actually get ?

3. Why should the customer pay you more money for less speeds?

4. Isn't your company liable for legal action for misleading the customers and for fraudulent practices?

Kindly provide answers for the above so that I may contemplate further action.

^^You mean you have written this letter to those tata indicom guys ?? If yes the do you actually expect them to do something ??
If your answer for latter question is yes then forget it, they would not and never listen to you.

Now i dont want you to loose hope but what you can do is....

1. Go to Indian Consumer Complaints Forum
Consumer Complaint in Consumer Forum in India
Consumer Complaints India, Consumer Complaints India India, Indian Complaint Web Sites. Forum Board, Court to Submit, Post Complaint Online Against Companies, Agencies. and
Consumer Court
India Broadband Forum

and submit a complain / open a thread, all with same matter. These companies tend to take note when you post on these forums.

2. If they have Twitter / FB, post there.
3. At last shoot a mail to your Assam nodal officer and keep in CC all India's all State's nodal officers and even nodal officers of reliance netconnect (competing provider of same USB internet). Yes i have done this against Failtel...oops Airtel.

And see if something actually comes out of this.

Hello raksrules,

Yes. I have written to the tata indicom guys. Awaiting their response. I am thinking of approaching the consumer rights court and taking legal action against them if they do not pay heed. Also, thanks for the links you have provided. It is not a question of me getting less speeds but a question of why they are looting so many people who pay their hard earned money to them.

tata indicom is one of the most stupid company i have seen.

its like i also launched online complaint and letter to cc.

no reply.

without any kind of redressal they closed the complaint.

pathetic custoer care.

only thing that works is going to their stores and getting it sorted out.

Hi Pom99, You will not get any help if you will approach the Consumer Courts for getting your dispute redressed as according to the Supreme Court's judgement in the year of 2009, it was said that the consumer courts will not take the telecom complaints and now the telecom complaints will be taken up by the TRAI. We at akosha went ahead and conducted a survey on this issue. You can find the full article how consumer complaint forums handle complaints. Do share your thoughts on the article.

Back