LG 32" JAZZ THEATRE - 32LH60YR review

Hello people,

This is a short review of LG's latest launch - JAZZ THEATRE series 32LH60YR model. I got it 2-3 days back.

What's in the box : TV,Remote, tabletop stand, power cord. (Remote comes with alkaline batteries !)

Front panel is in stylish black color with power status LED. (Power LED can be deactivated through settings - a very weird feature !)

2h6x81s.jpg

I/O terminals in the rear panel can be seen in this pic :

2e1g8j4.jpg

Few exceptional features (in my opinion) of this model are highlighted below : (compared to other brands /models in similar price range)

- Contrast Ratio : 1,00,0000
- Response Time : 2.4 ms
- TruMotion 100Hz
- USB for Audio + Video playback
- A-V out terminal
- Free DVD player DV-388 with full hd upscaling & USB
(I want to try and see if upscaling works for USB media also)

- Awesome sound - converts L+R to 3.1/5.1 channel (simulated)
This model has got thundering sound with very good bass as compared to any other TV of 32" presently. Many LCD's lack in this area & this is where LG has done a really good job of setting completely new audio standards with their JAZZ & THEATRE series. This model has got 70W rms output.
1zmgisp.jpg

Note that the Side panel has a plastic deflector to direct the speaker sound towards the viewer and give a sourrond effect

Looking at the features, this model seems to be a marriage between LG's JAZZ 32LG80FR & Scarlet 32LH70YR models. It's got sound system from JAZZ series & Trumotion + 2.4ms of Scarlet.

Picture quality : No pixellation with Tata Sky composite input (got 95% signal)
Perception of picture quality varies from person to person, so I don't want to comment on it. I hope some website comes out with a test review soon.

On the down side :

- Connecting cables for component / HDMI / VGA not included.
- 5.1 channel is not as good as 3.1 channel mode.
Bass is not so good in 5.1 mode. Looks more like a marketing gimmick. (Note that 5.1 channel is simulated, it does not have 5.1 channel audio input as such !)
- JUST SCAN picture mode is greyed out. (I dont know why, I have contacted LG care for the same) :huh:
- Picture slideshow thru USB does not occupy the full screen. It shows up in 4:3 aspect ratio with two black vertical bars :mad:
- No PIP i.e. Picture in Picture
- Price = 42k which I feel is a little on higher side. Comes with free DVD player and 50 movie pack which are compulsory.No discount if you dont want these things.

Last but not the least, note that this review is not aimed at praising LG. Consider this more as a buying guide to make a choice between this model & other brands/models. Doubts / questions are most welcome.

nice info there , appreciate ur efforts , repped.

also the least price i have got currently for the 80fr which i plan to buy next week as i have said in the other thread is 37k with ( freebies : dvd player + 50 movies + microwave oven :O ) without any of the freebies drops down to 34.5k.

I still believe SONY is the leader in TV Market and nobody can beat them. Bloody Koreans can never beat Japanese Technology....

thetechmind said:
nice info there , appreciate ur efforts , repped.

also the least price i have got currently for the 80fr which i plan to buy next week as i have said in the other thread is 37k with ( freebies : dvd player + 50 movies + microwave oven :O ) without any of the freebies drops down to 34.5k.

thankss. 32LG80FR's price has been reduced after the launch of JAZZ theatre series. IN fact many model sof LG have undergone a price correction recently. 34.5 is a very good price for a model with almost the same features.

tusharch said:
It would be great if you can be more specific in your query. AT least give model no. of Samsung

I don't know any specific models just wondered how the two brands compared for similar features.

Did you compare any competing Samsungs with this LG model before deciding to go with it ?

If i'm not mistaken does LG use samsung OEM screens.

LOL LG itself is the panel manufacturer. Its the first one make the IPS panels mainstream. There is a reason why LG screens are a little cheaper. Its their own manufacturing.

aarrggh!
only after i got my 32" JAZZ around 4 months back for 34K this had to come up!

about one downside you said

Picture slideshow thru USB does not occupy the full screen. It shows up in 4:3 aspect ratio with two black vertical bars

it happens only with the ones taken in 4:3 reso, try taking pics in 16:9 and they will occupy the full screen, atleast they do in mine
reg

edit: but the desktop stand in this one is way cooler than the FR series!

looks good.. Is the SD viewing good on it?As in what would you rate tata sky performance on this as compared to a CRT?

BTW, the turning-off power LED is not a weird function. Many people want it because they don't want distracting lights when they are enjoying their movies in dark :p

shantanugoel said:
looks good.. Is the SD viewing good on it?As in what would you rate tata sky performance on this as compared to a CRT?

BTW, the turning-off power LED is not a weird function. Many people want it because they don't want distracting lights when they are enjoying their movies in dark :p

1) Tata Sky looks decent (not great) without any "noticeable" pixellation on any channel. In fact, when you go to showrooms it looks more worse because they share the signals between multiple TV's.

2) LOL .. thanx for the info on LED light. My DVD player also has a similar feature and i used to always wonder about its use.

Guys,

I got a quote of 47K for 32LH60YR, 700W audio. This is without any freebies from LG outlet in Pune. Anybody has any idea from where I can get the cheapest quote for this model?

Hey guys...i have bought LG 42" Jazz theatre LCD tv just 4 days back and its amazing..the sound is way better than any other LCD tv(u jus don need any additional theatre system!!)...the picture quality is also good(cud have been little more better)..i have yet to try HD movies on it..the divx movies play brilliantly..overall a very good package though i wished they bundled a HDMI cable along..

Dude you can always bargain, i got this for Rs40k and got an HDMI chord free along with the standard DVD player and movies.
Have you noticed, the TV Vibrates a lot at higher volumes that creates a funny sound as if its going to break...:bleh:

Back