Android LG Q6 issues

Doremon

Adept
My wify's phone LG Q6 behaves unpredictable:p from last couple of days.

Intermittent internet connectivity, out of reach status to caller, prolonged time to connect outgoing call, sometime no calling even signal symbols shows 3-4 arrows! abnormally heating.

It's on VoLTE. Done home work like network and factory reset, eject SD card, uninstall all extra apps n stuffs- all removed and putting phone on basic-very low variant function. No way, it's still out of control of me and wify. Even cross checked with JIO care but they told all normal.

It's only 1 yr period (3/10/17) brought from Amazon.

What to do?

Last edited:
Actually faced a similar problem with my Mi Max last year. My phone was ever so slightly bent, which resulted in the SIM card getting slight scratches on it. I got a new SIM and the problems vanished.
It may be the same with you. Check the SIM for unusual marks and scratches.

My wify's phone LG Q6 behaves unpredictable:p from last couple of days.

Intermittent internet connectivity, out of reach status to caller, prolonged time to connect outgoing call, sometime no calling even signal symbols shows 3-4 arrows! abnormally heating.

It's on VoLTE. Done home work like network and factory reset, eject SD card, uninstall all extra apps n stuffs- all removed and putting phone on basic-very low variant function. No way, it's still out of control of me and wify. Even cross checked with JIO care but they told all normal.

It's only 1 yr period (3/10/17) brought from Amazon.

What to do?

Try SIM swapping. Put your family member's SIM in Q6 and see if results persists.

@blr_p and vyral : thanks.

APN issues there. Received new modified APN when other sim swapping in.

Though great! Jio customer service could not understand despite of hammering them frequently.

Now, Q6 works normally and I too:)

I still bitting my nails!

After an hour , network gone in Q6.

Again restored it by manually searching and selected Jio network... Now works...

I should watch it for a day at least...[DOUBLEPOST=1534414425][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try SIM swapping. Put your family member's SIM in Q6 and see if results persists.
Sounds like a hardware problem
Now preety sure there is problem in software or hardware. Latest software version also updated.

Network not remains constant e.g. signals dropped intermittently.

Phone brought from Amazon and under warranty assuming 1 yr period.

Last edited:
It was a similar issue with my friends mi phone in March this yr. He received some ots update and thereafter his sim 2 would just loose network and refused to connect to the network even manually. The only way was to reboot and upon reboot as well sooner or later same issue.
Rushed to mi center they said they haven't heard of that update yet. He was way too furious. They offered him a standby phone to look into if its some hardware issue while his phone went through factory reset but he refused and hold on to it.
Weeks later he got another ota updated and the issue was fixed.

Can you mention which version of android this Q6 is on
Android Nougat 7.1.1. Software version-V10i-IND-XX

It was a similar issue with my friends mi phone in March this yr. He received some ots update and thereafter his sim 2 would just loose network and refused to connect to the network even manually. The only way was to reboot and upon reboot as well sooner or later same issue.
Rushed to mi center they said they haven't heard of that update yet. He was way too furious. They offered him a standby phone to look into if its some hardware issue while his phone went through factory reset but he refused and hold on to it.
Weeks later he got another ota updated and the issue was fixed.
Have done factory reset twice with AV run through the phone and SD card too!
Phone instrument picking signals intermittently and calling also affected (incoming & outgoing both).
So, whenever Mukeshbhai is happy we can use our phone!!:p

EDIT :- Wondering why this problems starts before 3 weeks ago ? Jio runs on from last 1 year without issue on same Q6!... Might be Mukeshbhai is trippled the profit....:D

Android Nougat 7.1.1. Software version-V10i-IND-XX
hmm, i've heard of a similar problem happening with Oreo on one of the V20 variants. Carrier phone so call the carrier. Not going to work with you unfortunately.

Any chance of calling LG, doubt you can fix this yourself. Otherwise wait for the next update to fix it as nritech said.

Any chance of calling LG, doubt you can fix this yourself.
LG local technical service center is in our city. Let me try. any specific technical term I should tell them .. ?
Otherwise wait for the next update to fix it as nritech said.
Quite interesting. Well, I have done software updates once and declined when it again appears next day! This witnessed during swiping /checking other SIM to check phone. Should I do factory setting again ?

I dont know if your phone is under warranty. If not then root your phone and flash custom rom. Your issue will be resolved plus you get tons of tweaks to fiddle and addons to several settings.
Try roms from aussy, us or uk variants if available.
If you feel any recent update might have bricked the functionality you can flash the original rom previous to that update and defer updates unless a new patch gets released.
Dont know for mi which flashing tool is to be used else try Flashtool to flash .ftf rom files. But first do some homework googling around for your phone.
Pm me for any help.

LG local technical service center is in our city. Let me try. any specific technical term I should tell them .. ?
That you accepted their recent update and your sim card doesn't work anymore

Quite interesting. Well, I have done software updates once and declined when it again appears next day! This witnessed during swiping /checking other SIM to check phone. Should I do factory setting again ?
well, are you on the latest update or not

I dont know if your phone is under warranty. If not then root your phone and flash custom rom. Your issue will be resolved plus you get tons of tweaks to fiddle and addons to several settings.
Try roms from aussy, us or uk variants if available.
If you feel any recent update might have bricked the functionality you can flash the original rom previous to that update and defer updates unless a new patch gets released.
Dont know for mi which flashing tool is to be used else try Flashtool to flash .ftf rom files. But first do some homework googling around for your phone.
Pm me for any help.
Warranty expires in Oct 18. Custom ROM is last idea in my mind. I assume to walk in LG customer service centre to flash back original ROM. Wondering if I can do DIY job at home, no idea

Warranty expires in Oct 18. Custom ROM is last idea in my mind. I assume to walk in LG customer service centre to flash back original ROM. Wondering if I can do DIY job at home, no idea
They wont and no service center roll backs to old rom no matter how much you try convince them. Its a global policy. As said you flash original older rom yourselves that will save a lot of headache.
Refer to xda Lg sections and I'm 200% sure you will find all original roms + tools to make it right without affecting warranty.

Nice. Mau be its a luck by chance. If it continues to work good you had hit the right spot. Still if you are willing to test then handle and scramble apps randomly and do some stock setting changes without additional tools. This shall give you some rough hands-on idea.

Back