LG/Reliance Digital not honoring the warranty

saikatck

Disciple
Hi,

I got one LG 4K TV (43UK6780, LG Jazz Series) from Reliance digital on 29 Dec 2018 for 51K. All TVs from LG (latest generation, right now it will be 2019 models) carries a 1-year comprehensive warranty and 1-year additional warranty on panel. The same information has been mentioned on the bill. Still, LG is refusing to service the TV. I have in contact with reliance digital but lately, their response is also quite evasive. The irony is every seller including reliance is selling 2019 models with the exact warranty information.

Actually the TV went bad all of a sudden on 29th May. The LG guy came on 30th May, checked, and confirmed that the panel is faulty. Now I am running after reliance to take responsibility. Things that are already done by me.

1. Usual complaint to the Reliance team, first on 29th May which was closed by LG and then again on 3rd June.
2. Today (26/June/2020), I raised it to their 1st level - head of customer support. First I got a usual email reply and after some time it also received one more email stating that they are 'genuinely' looking into it.

Please, anyone, tell me what could be the logical next step? Or anyone faced similar issues from other manufacturers (namely LG, Samsung, and others).

Any help in this regard will be truly appreciated.

Thank you.

Just curious...how fast does it work or it simply crawls through the system being ignorant just like our pathetic judiciary system!
I used that against Indane/indian oil gas, results what was unsatisfactory (they closed as resolved) and it took weeks. This was about that Aadhar mandatory crap some years ago.

@ OP is the warranty a manufacturer warranty or some extended third party warranty.

I used that against Indane/indian oil gas, results what was unsatisfactory (they closed as resolved) and it took weeks. This was about that Aadhar mandatory crap some years ago.

@ OP is the warranty a manufacturer warranty or some extended third party warranty.
Hi,

According to reliance, the additional warranty is from manufacturer. In 2018, the same info was present on LG site as well. When I got it there was one more offer mentioned in the LG website, jio wifi device free with every 4K TV.

And Amazon, flipkart and others are also selling the 2019 models with same warranty information. Although nothing is mentioned on LG website though.

1-year comprehensive warranty and 1-year additional warranty on panel

When I had bought LG TV in 2015, I had got similar offer with 1 + 2 years from LG. I remember getting a separate card for additional warranty. Do you have anything that sort of ?

The LG guy came on 30th May, checked, and confirmed that the panel is faulty. Now I am running after reliance to take responsibility.
Why Reliance to take responsibility ? I think after any sales, such stores would take responsibility for may be 1-2 weeks but after that we have to deal with manufacturer.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

My problem is that LG is not acknowledging that there is 2 years of warranty on that specific product. Reliance has failed to mention on the bill that the product will be serviceable by the manufacturer only. The gripe with Reliance is regarding that only. By the way, the bill has 4 pages. I think they should have added the verbiage as well.

@vyral_143 I haven't received any additional forms or documents. Neither I was told to register the product on the company website to avail the extended warranty.

@Jambumali I know the onus is on LG to fix the TV. But Reliance should convince LG that the warranty is still valid. I paid the money to Reliance only after getting an assurance from them.

I've had issue with LG TV customer care as well. I'd contacted the service centre and the shop where I bought it .
Finally got fed up and raised a Grievance Ticket in http://consumerhelpline.gov.in/ . Within the same day the issue was redirected to LG electronics and they got in touch with me and resolved it within 3 days. I raised the ticket 2 weeks back and yesterday I got a brand new TV delivered (LG doesn't Usually do replacement warranty for TVs, I think my case was a unique one). Got it wall mounted today.

So yea, this was my experience , hope this helps you.

I think this is important and first step. In 4 pages long bill, anywhere mentioned about this extended warranty ?

Yes, the bill quotes the following statement.

GET Additional 1 Year Warranty on PanelOnly*

* Terms and Condition as Displayed in Store at the time of Purchase*

Post automatically merged:

I've had issue with LG TV customer care as well. I'd contacted the service centre and the shop where I bought it .
Finally got fed up and raised a Grievance Ticket in http://consumerhelpline.gov.in/ . Within the same day the issue was redirected to LG electronics and they got in touch with me and resolved it within 3 days. I raised the ticket 2 weeks back and yesterday I got a brand new TV delivered (LG doesn't Usually do replacement warranty for TVs, I think my case was a unique one). Got it wall mounted today.

So yea, this was my experience , hope this helps you.

Thank you for your reply. What you stated is quite reassuring. I think I need to do the same as suggested by another member as well.

By the way, I got a call from Reliance digital on 27th June and they said that LG technician stated the panel issue may arise due to physical damage and my claim was rejected because of that. The LG technician visited again to check my TV. The same guy who came on 29th May, again visited my home on 29th June to address the issue. This time they said they are going to replace the panel. Keeping my finger crossed.

I will let you know if they really change the panel or try to shove some low-end 4k models.

Regards

Last edited:
Yes, the bill quotes the following statement.

GET Additional 1 Year Warranty on PanelOnly*

* Terms and Condition as Displayed in Store at the time of Purchase*
If additional warranty, then it may not be necessarily mentioned on the bill or documents but it is in their system. The extended/additional warranty is usually offered by a 3rd party and you might directly receive a call or an email containing the warranty details in a pdf.

Hello everyone,

There is an update. LG finally changed the panel on 7/JUL/2020. It took them more than 1 month. They provided a replacement panel on the 4th as well. But that also turned out to be faulty.

A new panel was delivered and fixed yesterday by the LG technician. So, quite happy with the outcome. The only good thing about this issue was the Reliance Digital team which stood with me.

Best reards
Saikat

Hey Saikatck, I am in the same boat as you were. My 65 Inch LG OLED65C8PTA bought on 27th Jan 2019 that I purchased for 2,20,000 from Reliance Digital Store Pune developed a Red Vertical Line all of a sudden while watching. I switched it off and then tried to switch it on again, but it only shows the red vertical line and does not start. I have the exact same line printed on my bill, "GET Additional 1 Year Warranty on PanelOnly*". Not sure if the issue is panel related or some other component failed. I have raised a complaint with LG and a tehnician should visit in a couple of days because of the Lockdown in Pune. I tried reaching reliance digital on the number given on the bill, but failed. Did you have to raise the issue with Reliance before going to LG?
As per LG customer care my product is out of warranty and I will be charged amount even for inspection. SHould I go to reliance first and then check with LG? I am not sure if its a panel issue or some other component has failed. Please note I always ran the TV on a stabilizer and within the voltage specification range.

Please guide if you had to do anything other than approaching LG customer care/Reliance store for the resolution (like giving a complaint on any of the consumer complaint forums etc) ?
Looking for your response.

Thanks,
Deepak Rai

@nRi - What was the procedure to avail that? I don't recall any procedure being asked to be followed. I remember I was told it was automatically available for all purchases made from 26 Jan -till 31st Jan 2019 as during Republic day sale.
@saikatck - Do you remember any special procedure that you followed to avail this extra 1 year warranty on panel or was it given automatically as it is mentioned on the printed bill itself.

Please let me know as in my case the panel is going to cost a bomb

Last edited:
65 Inch LG OLED65C8PTA bought on 27th Jan 2019
Sorry for off topic reply.

That has to be a coincidence.
I too purchased a 65C8 in first week of Jan 2019 from a local electronics dealer (LG, samsung, general electronics else type of dealer).
The tv I received was had manufacture date of August 2018(sticker on the cardboard box), had lots of 'dead' pixels. At that time I was very worried about OLED burn in and pixel issues. I immediately ran some test videos from youtube app to check. Had like 5-10 dead pixels.

And guess what, tv runtime was 800 hours already (in General>about tv>tv information). That's like about 100 days of average 8hour daily usage.
I had received a demo unit. Probably running all day, full brightness with those demo videos for God knows how long.

A quick email to LG and informing the dealer, got the TV replaced the next day.
The new unit received was manufactured in Nov 2019.
0 hours uptime. No dead pixels or burn in as far as I could see.
No issues yet. 2600 hours runtime as of now.

I am wondering if its a common issue in this batch.
image1.jpegIMG_9733.jpgIMG_9734.jpgIMG_9737.jpg

Last edited:
Back