LG service Menu

agm_105

Disciple
I haved booked 42' Lg LH70YR ..recently .... Does anyone know how to check how many hours the LCD has been on for ?? Many a times the dealer would pack a Demo TV as a new one...has anyone accessed the Service Menu for LG LCDs to check the Usage hours.

Any help on this would be appreciated .

also if we can make this sticky this cud help prospective buyers from getting a used LCD ...

Service Menu:

Press the menu button on the TV Unit for 60 Seconds.

OR -

Press Both Remote & TV Menu Buttons together for 60 Seconds.

Not aware of the setting you are looking for though.

Yes Service Menu is accessible . ... but no info on usuage hours or how many hours the LCD has been goin on...there is an option called power off history ...bt it can be reseted easily as there is a clear all option in the same menu.

So hw do we know if the LCD that is being delivered to us is a Fresh box packed ...or some LCD that has been on display for long time.

Off topic

Does keeping high contrast affect the LCD life. ..

Ok ..my LCD has been used for 557 hours....its been about 4 days the LCD has been with me ....so no ways it could be clocked so many hours...I got it from Arcee Electronics Vashi. ..So stay from this shop...and this is the second time i getting an used LCD...

the option to look in Service menu for LG LCD or Plasma is " UTT "
and as i suggested earlier we should have a sticky made out of this...
Like service menu for major brands

Sony
Samsung
LG
Panasonic

and how many hours it already has burned ....should help all new buyers ...

^^ The manufacturers must also be testing the LCD for some time period right. I don't know how many Hrs that will be but yes 557 is too much with respect to you having it for only 4 days.

Is there any definite way to ensure that what LCD TV we are buying is a brand new one so that the shop does not take us for a ride.

agm_105 said:
Ok ..my LCD has been used for 557 hours....its been about 4 days the LCD has been with me ....so no ways it could be clocked so many hours...I got it from Arcee Electronics Vashi. ..So stay from this shop...and this is the second time i getting an used LCD...
I suggest you get in touch with LG customer care and ask what should be a reasonable UTT for a new TV.

raksrules; said:
is there any definite way to ensure that what LCD TV we are buying is a brand new one so that the shop does not take us for a ride.

i had a word with the LG tech who came to set up the wall mounting and product demo. Acc to him the box in which LCD tv comes should be completely pack with steel staple pins on the top and a LG tape . now this aint too hard to tamper...Second...when you first power on the LCD ..it shows a welcome screen with two options Store use or Home use. This option only comes once ..in my case ..it was certainly not there....When i asked the Tech about UTT ..he had no idea about it ...source of UTT information "av fourms "

This is specific only to LG .

^^
Not yet ... the lg tech said that the TV was manufactured in June 09 and its takes about a month for it to reach the dealers. so i m thinking should i return it ???? :huh:

And if anyone wants to check manufactured date just check the Serial no on the Side of the box you received LCD in .

Follow this sequence ...

Standby Mode (i.e power button on remote to switch TV OFF) - Info - Menu - Mute - Standby (to switch it back ON in service mode)

Hope it helps :)

yes axeman there is ...LG tech talked about formating the TV or restoring to factory defaults...i m still searching for tht option....and the funniest part is ..u ask any LCD Tech ..be it Sony Samsung LG or Panasonic ...all gave me the same answer....sir aisa koi option hota hi nahi .....just reflects poor customer service and technical know how.. and we still end up buying that stuff

Back