Life goes on....

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
Attending a marriage today ( a resident @ ER getting married with a nursing staff) here at Madrid ( inside a hospital!!) Total guests 22 ( none from the bride/ groom's family, they didn't even inform their parents)
I was the only one to have a single room in the hospital arranged hotel, so they would be spending the nights in my room ( as we want to keep the entire thing a secret) and I will be staying with the residents ( really looking forward, should be fun, these young guys are great)
These two are dating for more than a year and initially decided against marriage.
However both of them experienced enough real life drama and tragedy over last few weeks to restore their faith in marriage.
Isn't it wonderful? Anybody here getting married in next 6 months?

I hope she's worth it. Nowadays many nurse's aim is to hook a doctor.
If she's genuine, congrats to the guy. But I feel they should inform their parents Atleast. Because one day it will come to light.

It's certainly not like that here mate. I myself dated someone from that profession ( who lost her life in Italy) My wife's ( who's is a doctor) ex boyfriend works in a mortuary and a part time bartender.
An expert ER staff nurse earns more than a resident in this part of the world.
Both of them are very young and very bright. Of course they will inform their parents. It's not a very big deal here either.

Yes, it changes a lot. I had no idea of how European society works. It is vastly different from India. Not necessarily better.
Many Indians live in Europe but they don't mingle much with Europeans. For them it's almost same as India.
For me, it's just opposite. I don't know a single Indian in Czech Republic/ Slovakia ( don't live in Spain)
Post automatically merged:

Have you people heard of slow dancing? I felt like a complete idiot. Last night, after slow dancing ( more like sleep dancing) with a guy (who's an open gay but fantastic individual) everyone is making crude gay gestures directed at me.
I thought they just invented the term as everyone was tired yet dancing. Didn't know it has something to do with sexuality.
Moreover I refused to dance with few ladies as I was very comfortable with a very strong guy supporting me, instead of me supporting a drunk woman.
WTF!!

Last edited:
Be prepared, it's going to be there at least till early 2022. Live attenuated vaccine may never come. We will learn to live with viral threats. Beyond S and L other more fatal but less contagious serotypes will emerge.
Are we afraid of tuberculosis? ( Though bacteria, it's a strange bacteria, though treatable, even non MDR variant still kills a lot everyday in India, BCG doesn't really protect you from infection)

Back