- May 17, 2013
My parents' laptop is now showing signs of age so I'm looking to buy a new one for them. Their basic usage is browsing, checking email a few times a day and watching stuff on youtube. I want the laptop to be as light as possible and of course sturdy enough. Don't care too much about the OS as long as I can install Windows 7 on it. If not on Amazon or Flipkart, I'm willing to buy it at some dealer in Bangalore too. Don't think I want to buy a used laptop.
- What's your Budget? <- Given the usage, lower the better [under 30k]
- What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? web surfing/youtube
- What size and weight considerations do you have? Somewhere between 14-15inches should be good enough.
- Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? No particular brand preference.
- Any other considerations? should be sturdy and light with decent enough battery life (3-4hrs?)