Budget 21-30k Light and Sturdy laptop for parents

red-devil

Disciple
My parents' laptop is now showing signs of age so I'm looking to buy a new one for them. Their basic usage is browsing, checking email a few times a day and watching stuff on youtube. I want the laptop to be as light as possible and of course sturdy enough. Don't care too much about the OS as long as I can install Windows 7 on it. If not on Amazon or Flipkart, I'm willing to buy it at some dealer in Bangalore too. Don't think I want to buy a used laptop.

• What's your Budget? <- Given the usage, lower the better [under 30k]
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? web surfing/youtube
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? Somewhere between 14-15inches should be good enough.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? No particular brand preference.
  • Any other considerations? should be sturdy and light with decent enough battery life (3-4hrs?)

My parents' laptop is now showing signs of age so I'm looking to buy a new one for them. Their basic usage is browsing, checking email a few times a day and watching stuff on youtube. I want the laptop to be as light as possible and of course sturdy enough. Don't care too much about the OS as long as I can install Windows 7 on it. If not on Amazon or Flipkart, I'm willing to buy it at some dealer in Bangalore too. Don't think I want to buy a used laptop.

• What's your Budget? <- Given the usage, lower the better [under 30k]
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? web surfing/youtube
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? Somewhere between 14-15inches should be good enough.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? No particular brand preference.
  • Any other considerations? should be sturdy and light with decent enough battery life (3-4hrs?)
Forget Windows 7.

Get the asus x507 from paytm when there is a deal next time. People got i3 for 20-23k. Its light and FHD. You can even open and install an m2 ssd or replace the hdd with 2.5in ssd.

Thanks for the responses @Party Monger , @vyral_143 and @k_m_Arya

They are currently using an Acer laptop (not sure what model it is). For now, I have removed almost everything from the start up and removed some bloatware that had been preinstalled. It's working fine for their usage (in the sense that they think computers are supposed to work at the speed their laptop does).

For now, I think I will keep an eye on some of these models and websites..hopefully something good comes up.

Thanks for the responses @Party Monger , @vyral_143 and @k_m_Arya

They are currently using an Acer laptop (not sure what model it is). For now, I have removed almost everything from the start up and removed some bloatware that had been preinstalled. It's working fine for their usage (in the sense that they think computers are supposed to work at the speed their laptop does).

For now, I think I will keep an eye on some of these models and websites..hopefully something good comes up.
You can also replace harddisk with ssd. Will be much faster. If you decide to retire it later can use the same ssd in new one.

I think a 12" laptop would be a good choice, at least that was the case with my parents. They prefer it a lot more compared to 14/15" laptops but want a keyboard to type on, so don't like tablets.

Back