Budget 31-40k Light gaming PC which can double as office server and also consumes less power

1. What is your budget?
    • 25-40K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • none
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Any power saving CPU for long run
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - decent GPU which can be idle when not used much
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • nope, want it to be stable for next 5yrs
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • local
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • sure
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Runs as server (database) for office PCs which are on the network
    • I will be using for general browsing
    • light games like dota underlord , cities skylines , civilization etc (not power hungry games)
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Nothing like that
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • as mentioned above (light weight games)
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. curved would be great for the looks in my office
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • nope
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Win 10/7

I wish a pc which when i dont use much , goes into power saving mode and runs as silent server. I microATX or a decent (not too flashy) cabinet which can go with my office desk would be helpful

Is laptop into consideration ? Asking due to lo power Requirements. I am personally using laptop for the same reason. Can use after effects and premier pro.

Is laptop into consideration ? Asking due to lo power Requirements. I am personally using laptop for the same reason. Can use after effects and premier pro.
Thanks but many times i have to use the monitor to show diagrams and all ,which can be tough with lap imo , also i agree on power consumption..

Thanks will surely think through
Post automatically merged:

Get a amd ryzen 3 3200g with ASRock b450 M pro4 board 8gb ram (8500+6000+3000) 17500/-
Psu cabinet - 6-7k
keyboard mouse 1k
SSD - crucial 6k
Monitor - 4k on amazon

thanks , I was wondering if a mini itx mind of case which can go well on my desk, since i cant place the cabinet inside my table as of now. It could be little bit of show off as well , but those cabinet cost a alot , any alternative ?

Also what is the power consumption i am looking at ?

also will there any option to wake it from a lan computer ?

Thanks but many times i have to use the monitor to show diagrams and all ,which can be tough with lap imo , also i agree on power consumption..

Thanks will surely think through

thanks , I was wondering if a mini itx mind of case which can go well on my desk, since i cant place the cabinet inside my table as of now. It could be little bit of show off as well , but those cabinet cost a alot , any alternative ?

Also what is the power consumption i am looking at ?

also will there any option to wake it from a lan computer ?
I am using it with attached 2k 32 inch monitor [emoji1787]

that would again mean the GPU will be running to power the ext monitor.

ssd or hdd or hybrid for long hours running ?
I normally have power attached. Monitor on igpu and rendering on Nvidia. Previously it was HDD now it's SSD. Most important it's a 2 core 2 thread Intel CPU. Now a days 4 core CPUs are basic and gives much better value for performance if light gaming and video rendering stuff is that you are looking at. My electricity bill is half now with more other equipment working around.

Normally my system runs for 12 to 14hrs a day and not that much problem I am facing even with dual boot system.

Back