Linksys + BSNL = :(

Anish

Skilled
Okay this is the weirdest thing on earth.

My Linksys Gateway (WAG325N), is connected and running on my BSNL connection.

Now I can open *all* Google owned sites (Orkut, Gmail, etc) on both IE and FF, but can't open ANY other website.

Strangely enuf, its pings to all addresses.

Tried OpenDNS, 3 different BSNL default DNS's.

Similarly only Google sites open on my P990i's Opera browser connected to the router thru WiFi.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

double-check firewall settings and settings on the linksys... this is really wierd...

you mentioned opendns... check those settings too, if you have an account and use the blacklisting/whitelisting, and you havent updated your dns with latest ip, opendns might be using someone else's settings on your current ip...

if you dont have an account at opendns, sign up and update your ip on their dns using DynDNS updater or whatever... maybe someone else who had your ip had all sites blocked and opendns is now using those settings on your ip

^ Thanks!

I'm not using any Firewall and nothing on the Linksys Config Page also.

As for OpenDNS, yes, will do that, but the same problem occurs with 3 different BSNL DNSs I used :(

TRy some other dns servers.. somewhere else on the forum, i have mentioned at&t servers..they work well too..
Try googling the address of yahoo.com or some site and the jus put in the ip and see if it opens...

^ Nope, even manually entering IP's doesn't work :(

On top of that, this router has started dropping the line randomly. Sometime it even take off the DSL line with it!

RMA time? :(

Does it block all sites by default? But then again, if it opens all google sites, its really weird. Are you able to access other sites through a proxy?

I say this time and again - install Network Monitor or ethereal... and look at the packet capture. Will give you a hell of a lot of information. Obviously it won't tell you what is happening on the router, but it will show you what messages are being received by the computer.

Dude am using WHR-HP-G54 + Tomato + OpenDNS for about some time and simply none issue. Instead due to usage of OpenDNS things open up pronto!

Check your firewall settings, u should have something screwed up there and don't think that BSNL will do that, they simply dont have that intelligence.

~LT

Edrill said:
What is the firmware version on the WAG354G?? Have you tried upgrading it?? Might help.
Its the WAG325N, and yes, its running the latest firmware.

KingKrool said:
I say this time and again - install Network Monitor or ethereal... and look at the packet capture. Will give you a hell of a lot of information. Obviously it won't tell you what is happening on the router, but it will show you what messages are being received by the computer.
Hmm, will do that.

@ Linuxtechie - Disabled all firewalls mate.

Anyways, I'm gonna try running a BSNL supplied ADSL modem and connect it to the ethernet, lets see if that helps.

By any chance, could this be a Vista issue?

Okay, I've finally sorted this out!

I'm using a BSNL ADSL modem, and the gateway as just a router. Very stupid scene.

Calling my dealer and I'll try to get this thing replaced with a Draft N Wireless Router :|

Back