OC & Modding Liquid cooling advice for 2x R9 280X

kushall

Disciple
Hi All,

I'am running 2 R9 280x in crossfire and wanted to liquid cool them.
Getting 2 Nzxt G10 Kraken brackets from US. However, I have no idea what liquid cooling block to buy here in India. Also, anyone knows a guy who can install the liquid cooling for me in Bangalore?

Thanks for replies and your time.

Nzxt has published a list of compatible all-in-one liquid coolers . .but I haven't checked which models are available

Installing it is really simple dude . .no need to worry . .nzxt has made a video on how to install kraken, a manual is also available at the website. You check YouTube on how to remove existing air cooler on your card

Attachments

• 1467481467270.jpg
    1467481467270.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Getting 2 Nzxt G10 Kraken brackets from US. However, I have no idea what liquid cooling block to buy here in India. Also, anyone knows a guy who can install the liquid cooling for me in Bangalore?

First learn and study liquid cooling.if u cant install it u cant maintain it.

The only LQ conpany availble in india Is EKWB.
Its Hyper expensive but equal to buggati or m
Hi All,

Dude do u even know anything about custom loop water cooling?
if u cant install a liquid cooling kit u cant maintain it.go and learn about it.

I advise against kraken.u got wayyy better options for the price.

The only company available in india is the great ekwb.

they are the best makers of Liquid cooling hardware and have no alternative in terms of performance.but they are also Hyper expensive.
Www.ekwb.com

If EK is off your budget then look over Aliexpress.you can get Make a great kit for 10k

Dude do u even know anything about custom loop water cooling?
He is not looking for custom loop cooling . .kraken g10 is used for aio liquid cooling . .it's pretty simple and requires less maintenance also . .it's a good start. Don't discourage a guy who want to try something new. By the way, ekwb also provide aio cooling kits but I don't know if they are compatible with this bracket . .Of course he has to learn things but that I'm sure he will :)

Kraken G10 doesn't cool the VRMs on the 7970/r9 280x unless you get VRM heatsinks. The card will die sooner or later. Not recommended at all!

It has a fan to cool VRMs . .they say that its enough and if u want, space is there to put additional heatsink if required . .I don't think nzxt would make a product that would kill ur card . .to be safe, do check user reviews

It has a fan to cool VRMs . .they say that its enough and if u want, space is there to put additional heatsink if required . .I don't think nzxt would make a product that would kill ur card . .to be safe, do check user reviews
Lots of folks have toasted their 280x/390/390x cards' VRMs on over clock.net. I have a nzxt g10 sitting in the attic - tried it on my 7970 for a day and I saw vrm temps hit 110.

Thanks for the information and suggestions guys. Looking at the feedback, i think spending around 10k to get these cards liquid cooled is not worth it.
The problem with crossfire is the cards get heated too much and the games keep crashing, better run a single card and sell the other one. Will pick up a single high end card next time. Lesson learnt!

Thanks for the information and suggestions guys. Looking at the feedback, i think spending around 10k to get these cards liquid cooled is not worth it.
The problem with crossfire is the cards get heated too much and the games keep crashing, better run a single card and sell the other one. Will pick up a single high end card next time. Lesson learnt!
U can still stufy and get a full blown liquid cooled rig.look over aliexpress or ebay.com for hardware.

The problem with crossfire is the cards get heated too much and the games keep crashing
I don't know if liquid cooling is really necessary with a cross fire. Have you tried improving air flow by adding more case fans?no: of fans and their positions change temp alot . .if you are not over clocking I think air cooling is sufficient. Would like some comments on that.

Lots of folks have toasted their 280x/390/390x cards' VRMs on over clock.net. I have a nzxt g10 sitting in the attic - tried it on my 7970 for a day and I saw vrm temps hit 110.
Couldn't agree more. If you want to use a Universal Block then better get VRM heatsinks seperately and then stick em up with thermal pad and have a high cfm fan blowing air over them all the time if you want to see the card alive for a longer period of time.

Back