Listening Electronica

Params7

Skilled
Mod Edit :

Discuss All Your Electronica (Trance/Techno/Ambient/House/Drum & Bass/Trip-Hop/Jungle Music) In This Thread.

Thanks

Or am i probably one of very few in india to be a big fan on the genre ?

Me like TRANCE..... I dont have too much though. I have a friend who has somethng like over a 100 CDs of trance.... and of all the people in the world Shoaib Akhtar likes Trance.

My FAV song of Trance is Aspirin - X Dreams

Hmm For Goa Trance you can listen to Astral projection and Goa Gil, also Raja Rammohan Roy is amazing too. Did any of you attend to any of the full moon parties recently ?

Great response! phew, i really didn't expect this.
Anyway's, for those looking for a good trance radio station head up to DI.FM, dialup friendly too.
And for some free trance sets, djdoboy.com
Also, have their ever been concerts by trance artists in India ?? i heard Tiesto once performed....

Aces170 said:
Hmm For Goa Trance you can listen to Astral projection and Goa Gil, also Raja Rammohan Roy is amazing too. Did any of you attend to any of the full moon parties recently ?

Mahadeva from Astral was good, but i really am not into goa/psy that much.
Amazing though a sub genre of Electronic is named on a city of India...lol

params7 said:
Also, have their ever been concerts by trance artists in India ??
Paul Oakenfeld was in India about a year back - cannot remember if he had a concert or that he only visited - but definately remember that he was here.

hmm didnt judge jules also come in india..
i love trance.. i got tiesto, atb, dj awakenings(like hte war of the dj`s thingy that happens here) ... i got armin van bureen..
anything similar to this list. please doo tel me .

PVD also came to India sometime back.
As for artists i like

ATB,Armin Van Buuren, PVD, Tiesto, Robert Miles, 4 Strings, Groove Coverage, Above and Beyond, Gabriel and Dresden, Oceanlab (yea...i know this is the previous name of one of the above...couldnt remember so added this to the list too), Art Of Trance, Trance [] Control, The Cynic Project, Markus Schulz, Motorcycle, Some songs from Chicane, Dj Quicksilver, DJ Sakin, DJ Sammy, DJ's At Work and a few others.

XTerminator said:
PVD also came to India sometime back.
As for artists i like

ATB,Armin Van Buuren, PVD, Tiesto, Robert Miles, 4 Strings, Groove Coverage, Above and Beyond, Gabriel and Dresden, Oceanlab (yea...i know this is the previous name of one of the above...couldnt remember so added this to the list too), Art Of Trance, Trance [] Control, The Cynic Project, Markus Schulz, Motorcycle, Some songs from Chicane, Dj Quicksilver, DJ Sakin, DJ Sammy, DJ's At Work and a few others.

I forgot to mention Darude and BT

...a lot of varied stuff actually including trance electronic industrial etc

fav bands include VNV Nation,Assemblage 23,Leaves eyes,Covenant,Angels and Agony

but ill listen to pretty much anything except rap and RnB

Decadent_Spectre said:
but ill listen to pretty much anything except rap and RnB
Same here - i can't stand rap!! its my most hated genre of music. And RnB too, a relative of rap.

Anyway's, post some of your most reccomended electro songs to get new people into it -

Armin Van Buuren - Burned With Desire 'rising star Rmx'
4 Strings - Diving
The Thrillseekers Fr. Sheryl Deane - Fly Away
Robert Miles - Children (emotional trance)
Agnelli & Nelson - Holding Onto Nothing (and its other mixes)
Andain - Beautiful Things (slow/progressive trance)
Dj Sammy - Heaven
ATB - 9pm
Paul Van Dyke - For an Angel
Cage Del March - energy 52
Alice Deejay - Better off Alone
Angelic - Can't keep me silent
Aurora ft Naimee Coleman - Sleeping Satellite (a dance number, but its club mix is so full of energy)
General Base - Base of Love Rebased

And especially for new fans who want to get into electronic -
http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

ATB - In Love With The Deejay
4 Strings - Come Closer
4 Strings - Sunrise
Robert Miles - Atlantis
Robert Miles - Wakan
PVD - Reflections
DJ's At Work - Your Love
Barthezz - On The Move
Deal - Shine (Extended Mix)
Groove Coverage - Moonlight Shadows
Solid Sessions - Janeiro (Armin Van Buuren Remix)
ATB - Marrkech
ATB - Ecstasy
Beam - Amun
Clokx - Clocks (Radio Edit)
Darude - Sandstorm
Darude - Next To You
DJ Sakin and Friends - Protect Your Mind (Braveheart Remix)
Decay - Last Day On Earth
DJ Sammy - Boys Of Summer
DJ Sammy - California Dreamin'
DJ Sammy - Sunrise
DJ's At Work - Past Was Yesterday
Fragma - You're Alive
Michael Woods - Solex (Close To The Edge)(Radio Edit)
PVD - Tell Me Why
PVD - Crush
Rank 1 - Airwave
Rank 1 - Breathing (Airwave)
DJ Trinity - Everytime we Touch (Extended Version)

I guess these should be enough for now....
Taken straight out of my Best Music List;)

wowowowow........

Did i miss something??

Been addicted to trance for the past 1.5 year...

Downloaded around 20 GB of trance in the past 2 months and wrote around 35 CDs of it :D.Also, I needed medication for my ears after i burst them due to hearing to excessive loud trance music :D, but after the medication, am baaaaack :D.

Fav acts include Markus Schulz, Armin Van Buuren, PVD,Yahel,A-Force, BadBoyBill (Hardcore), Above and Beyond aka OceanLab aka Nitromethane aka Dirt Devils aka P.O.S (they're my fav. act :p ),Jonas Steur, DJ Scot Project,Andy Moore, ThrillSeekers, Art Of Trance (Platipus Records),ATB,Chakra..etc etc.....

Am deep into listening to Livesets and Radio Broadcasts..

Thursday nights on DI.FM are usually the busiest ones as u get a weekly trance show which is broadcasted on it, the show hosted by Armin Van Buuren is "A State Of Trance", similar on its lines is a show hosted by Markus Schulz (Schulz rules...literally) and its called "Global DJ Broadcast" and both the shows are top class...which highlight upcoming artists and hot tracks...

Now for my current favourites:

Above and Beyond vs Andy Moore - Air For Life

Way out west - Killa (DJ Orkedia remix)

PVD - Another Way

Chakra - Home (Above and Beyond Remix)

Chakra- Love Shines through

Some good trance sites...

If you're into torrents, THE ONE AND ONLY RESOURCE THAT YOU WILL EVER NEED IS:

www.trancetraffic.com

THE SITE FOR DLOADING TRANCE MUSIC...

reps if u find the site useful :D.

Regards,