Local Body Tax (LBT) creating havoc in Pune

yet no decision from the govt....
I heard the market will own normal from Monday irrespective of the govt's stand on this issue....
means it will be passed by govt. like i told you, this strike happens for a week (as a small show of power by the opposition) but the lbt will be passed by them too. no govt will leave opportunity to make money easily.

Shops at wakad have reopened..
Shop keepers say that, there is a meeting tomorrow and if they find an amicable solution, shops will remain opened.. Otherwise, they will shut down again

means it will be passed by govt. like i told you, this strike happens for a week (as a small show of power by the opposition) but the lbt will be passed by them too. no govt will leave opportunity to make money easily.
well it will surely be passed now or a little later... but associations wanted to negotiate on the insane rules.... like lbt is mandatory for shops having turnover of > 1lakh. that's such a nominal amount there days.... they want it to raised to 10L.
retailers are required to maintain all transaction on computers and file online. only the payment has multiple options like party online or offline using check dd.

Monday Update: Shops have opened from today, yet no decision from the Govt. :(
And to add to all this chaos Ajit Pawars urinating comment.....
Come next elections Pawar... you ask for 'Mat' and we give you 'muut' :D

A bit off topic - Since there's no more octroi in Pune, does this mean that I won't have to pay any additional charges for stuff I buy from ebay?

A bit off topic - Since there's no more octroi in Pune, does this mean that I won't have to pay any additional charges for stuff I buy from ebay?
I was expecting this :D
Dont be too happy...... Now its the courier company's responsibility to charge the applicable LBT on the packages they deliver. In short it means that you will be paying the LBT for stuff you buy online but in addition to that you will also be paying Service charge and Service Tax to the courier companies to doing that work for you :)

well it will surely be passed now or a little later... but associations wanted to negotiate on the insane rules.... like lbt is mandatory for shops having turnover of > 1lakh. that's such a nominal amount there days.... they want it to raised to 10L.
retailers are required to maintain all transaction on computers and file online. only the payment has multiple options like party online or offline using check dd.

Monday Update: Shops have opened from today, yet no decision from the Govt. :(
And to add to all this chaos Ajit Pawars urinating comment.....
Come next elections Pawar... you ask for 'Mat' and we give you 'muut' :D

another quote of his: source
The AAP also cited him as saying: "The population is increasing due to load shedding as people have nothing to do when there is no electricity."
probably he's a fan of idea 3G ads :bookworm:

There is a strong possibility of the shops going back on strike from tomorrow again. Depends on outcome of today's meeting i guess.

He is a total retard on crack.... and is going south the coming elections....
Raj Thackrey replied to him saying thatIn 2014 the state will urinate so much that the NCP will be drained away....

Anyways dont want to take this thread too off topic. Its really sad to see how insensitive politicians are now a days....
I am just eagerly waiting for some positive decision to come on the LBT. Even if they postpone its enforcement I can go ahead with my flat's sale deed and save Rs35000 which I have to pay extra now due to this LBT.

The bandh to start again from April 15th Monday. This time I heard even the fuel stations and hotels are joining in.
But the strange thing is they CM had given an appointment of April 18 to discuss this LBT matter but yesterday they postponed to 28 :mad:
Which means they deliberately want both the public and the business men to suffer and keep this issue hanging to divert attention from the tagya pawar fiasco.
Since LBT is enforced now it does not matter if media gives coverage to this matter or not but like before state govt will control the media exposure given to this issue.
Too bad.....
I had to pay 1% extra as LBT(taken as extra stamp duty) for the flat I purchased last month :(
I am never going to vote for Congress/NCP ever again in my life... NEVER.

Although i do not use my bike much, i just got 500 Rs petrol filled last week. Hope i can sustain with that if i need to travel here and there for food. This is getting really bad.

what is the use of starting another strike/bandh if lbt is already imposed? the govt wont back down now after implementing it.

like I've already mentioned in some previous post.... there are many other rules which add inconvenience n monetary overheads to business men. they just want the govt to relax them....
Imagine a grocery shop in a housing society or some small shop which hardly makes a monthly turnover of say 2L. What do you think their profit margin would be? Add to that
1) 10K for maintaining a new helper to keep all records/invoices online (Since most of such small retailers are not very computer savvy they depend on data entry operators).
2)Fees paid to CA/Similar person to organize all their turnover and information in the format required by PMC. (Its not as simple as tallying totals and submitting it). We all know how govt forms are.
3)Bear the brunt of any local PMC officer stepping in your shop at time and blackmailing you for some random shit. (There is one officer and 3 clerks assigned for each ward) Imagine their attitude against the authority they have got....
Last Saturday the association met in Sarasbagh. Netas from MNS, BJP and NCP starting fighting amongst themselves to voice who actually is raising the retailers concern in front of state assembly house. They literally overtook all the attention from the association and the association members just fled away from there dispersing the meeting.

On a side note. 2 more updates(may not concern all puneties).
1) PMC has already come up with a list of many more nearby panchayats which will be merged into PMC.
2)The surrounding Panchayats are now in the process of implementing a parallel version of LBT. I think its called LPT. Local Panchyat Tax.
now tell me :)

All is hell All is helll....

The current VAT system certainly screws businessmen . Since LBT is also Levied on similar lines i am with the shopkeepers on this issue .
Do you know even if there is a mismatch of 10Rs in the online VAT Returns if you have to pay 10,000 RS As penalty for every month in which error is there .

Back