Local Body Tax (LBT) creating havoc in Pune

The current VAT system certainly screws businessmen . Since LBT is also Levied on similar lines i am with the shopkeepers on this issue .
Do you know even if there is a mismatch of 10Rs in the online VAT Returns if you have to pay 10,000 RS As penalty for every month in which error is there .
From what I have heard the LBT officer assigned to the Ward has 3 clerks who carry laptops with them. If he finds any discrepancy in what you have reported and what he investigated he is then authorized to directly serve a notice to the retailer to pay the fine :eek: ... I was like WTF is he the magistrate now?? This way they will always come and rip off the retailers. Now you see how it gives rise to corruption and malpractices. No matter how careful one is there is some or the other thing which is missed out(not purposely). Also they can pose as customers and ask for invoice. Now its a offense to sell at a higher price than the MRP. But most of the Chinese imports have MRP of a fraction of the cost. The retailer cant sell that at MRP. Nor cant he stop selling such items as most of them are in demand and not made in India.

the strike had been postponed till 22april.

You sure about this. Asking because i am in Mumbai and we were planning to buy toned milk at least for use on monday. If the strike is called off till 22nd then i shall not get the stuff i was going to get from Mumbai to Pune.

You sure about this. Asking because i am in Mumbai and we were planning to buy toned milk at least for use on monday. If the strike is called off till 22nd then i shall not get the stuff i was going to get from Mumbai to Pune.
you can stock the milk only for Monday but this is confirm news from yday's meeting.... Also fuel stations and hotels will join in. I also heard they are planning to get some more cities to join in..... this octroi/lbt mess is only in maharashtra.

Actually i was planning to get a toned milk 1 liter from Mumbai when i would be traveling from Mumbai to Pune as i expect that from morning tuesday i can get the milk from the local shops, which open in morning for 1 hour for selling milk etc. Even we get that in that roadside temporary outlets which put the milk crates early in morning till 8:30 or so.

Yeah bought 1 Liter amul toned milk and it can be kept for 6 months (from mfgr date) but have to be consumed in 2 days after opening.
Next week will see more than usual shopping because of expected strike later on.

The local kirana shops near my home here have put up notices on their shop that it will be closed from 22nd to protest against LBT.

Yes, I have confirmed the same. Strike will continue from 22nd onward for indefinite days. I even heard that petrol pumps will also be included in this strike. Filling up my bike's tank tomorrow :)

Same here tomorrow evening getting my petrol tank filled just in case i need to go far somewhere to get food.
Also stocking up groceries etc. Planning to buy 2-3 liters of toned milk too.
What has the time come to :mad:

Shell might be open yes. But i am worried that local goons would force them close. Anyone who stays in Pune and works in Hinjewadi knows that local goons control area like Hinjewadi, Pimple Saudagar etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1366340840][/DOUBLEPOST]
COCO Pumps will be shut too ??

what is COCO Pump ? :confused:

I am thinking of getting a 200ltr pimp filled up (with petrol) and sell in black for next few days :woot:
What all can we stock and sell.... hmmmm .....

Shits..... I am duped..... Majority of my flats renovation is happening in next week and I was planning to move in from May 1st :(
I think my plan will go for a toss..... As all of the works will need markets open for some or the other stuff... Cant stock up everything..... Electricians / coloring / kitchen trollies / bathroom fittings ... Damn.....
I better leave early today evening and contact few shopkeepers who will keep providing from backdoors.... Like they did last time ..... :(

Back