Lockdown gets over OR get extended ? What do you think ?

Will lockdown get extended ?

• Yes

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Goivt will be playign with people y increasing it every 15 days until june or dec. Govt. is doing good but we cant just survive on food, clothing and other necessities are also equally important.

Unless the economy starts rolling i.e. manufacturing then we are all badly sc*ewd.. The price of essentials will skyrocket and there will be massive shortages of medicines and other essential commodities .

News channels atleast in karnataka, keep highlighting and show videos of how people still crowd a store every day with no social distancing. How can our people be this dumb, despite such campaigns.

BBMP was giving free milk packets, yet people who are well off, still crowd for any freebies.

News channels atleast in karnataka, keep highlighting and show videos of how people still crowd a store every day with no social distancing. How can our people be this dumb, despite such campaigns.

BBMP was giving free milk packets, yet people who are well off, still crowd for any freebies.
Blame the ass***hole grocery sellers and shops who keep threatening people that from tomorrow everything is gonna closed for a week or until orders from govt etc.

This is the case in pune currently. These morons earn 30-40% extra and people are ready to shell out the same for no panic reasons.

Don't know.

What is the purpose of the lock down ?

To buy time for the govt to prepare. People are stuck in place so disease cannot spread. They can get resources together.

To continue with lock down has huge costs. To bear those costs lock down has to be effective.

To be effective requires minimum 80 - 90% compliance from the public.

Otherwise the leaks make the lock down not worth it.

How much is the compliance in this video ? It looks quite good.

I went out to buy some groceries earlier. I walked couple of kms. I saw four people in the shop and ten people on the road.

It was only 7pm when usually the place is jam packed.

Most people i see wear masks.

So compliance is good. Better than 80%

Last edited:
how often do people go out to do their grocery shopping etc?

My parents like to go out every 4-5 days for a drive - then walk. Apparently sitting at home long-term's not an option for them. It's quite annoying in one sense but..

Initially early days of the lock down went to shop only twice till now, none after.
Everything else is either already stocked up or delivered home.

how often do people go out to do their grocery shopping etc?

My parents like to go out every 4-5 days for a drive - then walk. Apparently sitting at home long-term's not an option for them. It's quite annoying in one sense but..
Soon people will be suffering from excessive weight gain, diabetes, anxiety and other mental problems.

yeah mental issues - it's not evil that humans need worry about - it's madness! I remember reading about that US couple who were abusing their own children sitting with their pathetic faces in court! (and domestic abuse is another form) And the mental health act basically empowers mad people - it's effing ridiculous! (naturally the courts/govt use their madness as a tool to punish families and extract bribes)

I totally and wholeheartedly support the Chinese system of empowering the policemen! 90+% conviction rate! Don't allow sewage to pile up indoors! The Policeman is the first judge and jury IF HE'S TRAINED PROPERLY!

Unsure.

No stocks in stores in my area. Shop keeper says he's in loss paying monthly rental of shop and not getting enough money since almost all fmcg goods are not coming. Only milk and old stock of rice and pulses is there. Rest all biscuits, fast moving items like chips and other junk food are completely stopped since no delivery is there from April first week. Lots of shop keepers closed their shops and are planning to go back to their villages if the lock down is extended. There's no bread, butter, cheese etc. Only pav from local bakery. If I die from starvation I hope I go to hell directly so I can learn how to terrorise all these stupid ministers when they die and come to hell. I'll skin them really slowly and roast them on an open fire. **** these so called experts who want extended lockdown and are bothered about saving lives of few people but killing of hundreds of poor people who will starve to death. :mad:

Lots of shop keepers closed their shops and are planning to go back to their villages if the lock down is extended. There's no bread, butter, cheese etc. Only pav from local bakery. **** these so called experts who want extended lockdown and are bothered about saving lives of few people but killing of hundreds of poor people who will starve to death. :mad:

I got to agree with the daily-wage poor starving: one thing though - we are primarily an agrarian nation! People returning to their villages strengthens farms - what we want need are more youtube study channels so poor people can study without leaving their villages! Cities can decongest and local city dwellers can participate more in local governance!

It's how the Indian Middle Class handles these troubles is what matters: we should unite AROUND COMMON EDUCATION and work to improve our country!

Heard a news a couple who donate stuff to the needy and the poor and now they themselves are struggling with torn and old clothes, damaged mattresses, bedsheets, pillows etc.
They are living miserably. They got money but no shops opened so they don't even come out and instead get groceries and needy sourced form their neighbors etc.
They are waiting for the lockdown to get over so they can buy these essentials items as well.

To be effective requires minimum 80 - 90% compliance from the public.

Explains the finding of the mathematical model

If compliance in India is good they will extend until we reach a point where its no longer possible

social distancing effectiveness.jpg

Explains the finding of the mathematical model

If compliance in India is good they will extend until we reach a point where its no longer possible

View attachment 85303
Well this looks very scary.

Australia has a population of 25 million and a density of 3 people per sq Km although most are concentrated along the coasts.

India has a population density of 414 people per sq Km and its comparatively evenly spread.

Targeting 80% compliance over a period of 4 months doesn't seem possible in our country. At that point quite a lot of people will have to choose between risking coronavirus or dying from hunger.

We seem to have foodgrain reserves to tide us over but considering the inefficiencies and corruption in the ration system quite a lot of people might succumb to hunger if we go for a 4 month lockdown. I am not even thinking about the repercussions on the economy,

Last edited:
Back