Logitech does not offer service for product which are more than 1 year old.

panther

Adept
Hello everyone.

I had purchased a fairly expensive logitech keyboard G110 somewhere 3 years ago, however lately they keyboard had developed few problems like the macros key execute command whenever they like, sometine get stuck and the board itself get stuck/hang in BIOS.

I decided to get some help from Logitech going through their site for getting some help was an ordeal in itself, you have to go to so many options that you feel dejected and don't contact them, somehow i managed to send an email in my first attempt the communication was ended abruptly, because it did not replied them fast enough, which is within 2 days. Some how after few days of rest to gather some courage to go through again their horrendous and confusing site, i managed to establish connection and i told them upfront the model no and the problem encountered by the keyboard ( i don't want to mention the name of the attendant). after going several email exchanges, which were slow by any standard ( like to mention here, the communication from WD was quicker, they replied within a day as was the case with several other computer component/ peripheral manufacturer with whom i contacted), the attendant managed to give me list of authorised service center's number, most of them were not working finally i manage to get a reply from rashi peripherals that they don't repair the logitech keyboard as it is more than one year old, this is cheating if you ask me that board is not so old that they remove support for it i paid around 4000 Rs for it. atleast i expect support for it alteast for 5 years. i had told the attendant earlier the the model no, had she told me earlier that they don't repair products over a year, it wouldn't have dragged for a week and a half.

looks like logitech is only interested in making money and disregard consumer satisfaction, as from now on i will never buy expensive
product from logitech and those of you here are contemplating about buying one expesive keyboard or mouse from logitech beware they will remove support withing a year for it. i regret buying logitech.

See when you post something like this you need to be specific with the details. Let me try to ans your post point by point.
I had purchased a fairly expensive logitech keyboard G110 somewhere 3 years ago,

There you said 3 years. Maximum warranty years for a Logitech peripheral is 3 years. I hope you know that.

that they don't repair the logitech keyboard as it is more than one year old,
Rashi also gave me a great deal of trouble just to RMA some of my previous Logitech mice. But what kind of repair work are you talking about? Free repair or paid? Peripherals are always not repairable unless they have wire problems.
this is cheating if you ask me that board is not so old that they remove support for it i paid around 4000 Rs for it.
Its NOT cheating. From the way you wrote it sounds like you are trying to get it repaired/replaced for free. Why would they do that if the product is out of warranty? Even if its under warranty you need to give proof for it which you haven't. And as for paid service you can always try to contact the service center.
atleast i expect support for it alteast for 5 years.
You must be new to the tech world. You need to be really lucky or the product unbelievably reliable or maintained it under a great care for the product to reach its 5th year of use.
I had told the attendant earlier the the model no, had she told me earlier that they don't repair products over a year, it wouldn't have dragged for a week and a half.
I don't a word you just said there. Give more details/information.
looks like logitech is only interested in making money and disregard consumer satisfaction, as from now on i will never buy expensive
product from logitech and those of you here are contemplating about buying one expesive keyboard or mouse from logitech beware they will remove support withing a year for it. i regret buying logitech.
Logitech India/global is prompt with customer support, at least in my experience. Your problem is with the service center. Also your post is questionable.
And what's up with the huge space?

I think he means paid repair. Like if you have a mobile and two years later it has a problem, you'd expect to atleast get it repaired by paying some money and not just have to buy a new one. If the parts are not serviceable (paid or otherwise), its a sunk investment.

Back