PC Peripherals Logitech MK-345 wireless - missing clicks

Hi TechEnclave folks ,
Good afternoon. I bought the Logitech MK 345 wireless keyboard / mouse combo, about 10 months ago. The keyboard is working fine, but the mouse has a weird issue. Out of every 100 clicks (only left most clicks), about 2 clicks don't have any effect. This is quite irritating.

Troubleshooting : I tried using windows 10 and Linux : same issue. I tried using it on my laptop , desktop : same issue - though desktop only has Linux. I am ruling out my computer issues - unless you advice otherwise.

I had the same issue earlier, and I got it replaced under warranty, about 6 months ago. Now the new piece has developed the same problem, for about a month or so. Replacing it under warranty is quite difficult because the issue does not reproduce at the service centre computer. It is a Sun computer : I think Sun has not sold a computer for 20 years. It was difficult to convince the technician last time, not sure about the next time.

Do all wireless mouses have similar problems ? 2 different pieces having an issue has put me off Logitech. But no one around me has had such an issue : so I am not sure what happened.

Microsoft used to have good hardware : i don't find their combos anymore on Amazon. Is it possible that all these manufacturers use the same factories, and issues will be the same with any brand ? Any suggestions to deal with my Logitech combo, or which one to buy next ? It was pretty expensive, so I can't experiment too much here.

Thanks
Arnav

prob a mouse hardware fault since on diff computers you facing same issue. it doesn't happen with all wireless mouses.
Ok, thanks. I am guessing buying an HP model now should be the way to go. I'll face a loss of Rs 2000, but get rid of everyday headache with this mouse.

Never thought of HP as a great mouse company, so feeling weird.

Dell is also good. We have 3 at our home and all have worked fine since 2 years now. Plus no red laser in mouses these days also makes them battery efficient i guess.

Back