PC Peripherals Logitech MX518 RMA Query

Hello all,

Recently my logitech MX518 had developed a fault, so gave to the Neoteric limited for RMA, now as mx518 is no longer in production, they said they will give me credit and I could buy anything from the dealer from whom I got the mouse(Shree Krishna Enterprise, Chandigarh) is this possible, I am thinking of getting G400

Hello all,

Recently my logitech MX518 had developed a fault, so gave to the Neoteric limited for RMA, now as mx518 is no longer in production, they said they will give me credit and I could buy anything from the dealer from whom I got the mouse(Shree Krishna Enterprise, Chandigarh) is this possible, I am thinking of getting G400

The LOGITECH G400 is a direct descendent of the MX518; it updates the following features and niggles [in my personal view] --
  • faster sensor ~3600dpi vis-a-vis 1800dpi [still OPTICAL];
  • improved build quality, the rubber gripping on the sides used to peel off [OR that is what I have heard];
  • improved customisation software [the best I have used to date];
  • minor issue is the scroll wheel, I feel it is too loose and does not provide sufficient feedback [but then it is just me];
  • same-same shape and user ergonomics.

Here are a few reviews -- Logitech G400 Review | bit-tech.net / Logitech G400 Review | Gamers Edge / Logitech G400 - Is it a Worthy Successor?, to seal the deal. I doubt any other mouse can touch the G400 [if you are right-handed] in the sub-2500/- price band.

You can also look at its younger sibling, the LOGITECH G300.
  • smaller body;
  • more buttons [this mouse has 3+ 6 buttons];
  • ambidextrous layout vis-a-vis right hand bias on the G400;
  • slower sensor ~2500dpi [again OPTICAL]

Here is a small review.

Hope this helps and happy gaming, Cheerio!!

Back