PC Peripherals Logitech wireless kbd problem in Linux

6pack

ex-Mod
I'm having a weird problem with the Logitech wireless keyboard that I have. It keeps opening help menus in some applications that are open and on top (in focus).

I'm on Xubuntu. If I open Chrome, all of a sudden after a few minutes, the help page will open. If i close that page, another help page opens. This goes on and on till I have to close Chrome completely.
I first thought Chrome was crashing, but I saw the problem in another few programs - like terminal, Xpad, etc. Help windows would constantly pop up. This does not happen in Firefox probably F1 key is not related to help.

I tried removing the F1 key and it sort of helped a bit. No help window opened in Chrome. So what could be the problem here? Too much pressure on F1 key made it touch internally or moisture in air?

EDIT: Just noticed this post was a few years back, LOL. Keeping these here for anyone who comes across this in the future.

-Open a terminal and run xev.
-Keep your keyboard idle and take a note for keypress and keyrelease events. If you see a event, you can understand which key was pressed.
-And If there are keypress events when you are not physically using the keyword, its likely some issue with the keyboard.

Last edited:
Back