Looking for a download manager

Arjun

Skilled
I need to batch download a lot of files , thought of going with jdownloader but when i tried to download from the official website the link was broken then i searched for it and found out that it started force installing malware/adware .

So i need a downloader like jdownloader which is adware/spayware free .

Free download manager (FDM) is a good alternative to idm, though I haven't tested batch download yet but it should work without issues.
Best of all, it's free!!

I haven't used Eagleget in a while, last time I gave it a shot, it was still new and buggy.
PS I have been using fdm for like 2 years now, I haven't found any malware issues.

You should atleast check the webpage before even bashing software. The software has prevented downloads from numerous malicious sites and I scan pc regularly with adware tools, so if it was the case I would have got hold on it

FreeRapid Downloader I used it some months back. It runs from a single folder so nothing to install. Plugins get updated regularly. It may or may not work on some downloading sites. I got 50/50 success on download sites. If your ISP blocks download site links the software will not work properly.

I need a download manager which can download videos from webpages.

IDM does that but unfortunately, my trial period is over and group buying offer has ended.

Any other download manager for this purpose?

FDM aka Free Download Manager has malware issues? Seriously? Dude, did you download the real FDM, or some fake FDM from some a fake site?

FDM is a quality freeware which has been around for years now. I have myself been using FDM since many years, without any issues. Here is its site:

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

BTW, I still use the old version 3.9.7 of it, since I do not find the new version that good yet. Still, they are constantly updating it.

Look here for more free download managers:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-download-manager.htm

The article is not yet complete, so look in the list of To Be Reviewed, for more suggestions.

As for downloading videos from webpages, it depends on the way that video has been embedded in to the webpage, depending on which you might have to try some downloaders, like VSO Downloader, Real Downloader, etc. Talking about free ones though, because I use only free software.

Does it have a feature of downloading 1080p from youtube and other video websites like IDM ?
I gave a try. Even though, my IDM always capture download links when I download from browser, it also downloads at faster speed like IDM. When it comes to youtube, you need to paste the Url manually in FDM, then it is able to figure out all possible resolutions and can able to download 1080p (both audio + video).

Some of process like browserhostnative.exe, winwfpmonitor.exe running in Task Manager related to FDM makes little bit worry.

But anyway, Its good and I am happy with IDM but keep FDM as alternative.

When it comes to youtube, you need to paste the Url manually in FDM, then it is able to figure out all possible resolutions and can able to download 1080p (both audio + video).

Wow... I didn't knew you could do that in FDM. Thank you a lot. I use Freemake Video Downloader to download from YouTube, which is also quite a good software. But, now I will use this feature of FDM :).

Back