Budget 31-40k Looking for a new gaming rig?

I think an h81 or b85 (whichever is cheaper) will be better. the h97 is needed only if you plan to upgrade to a broadwell cpu in the next 6 months.
main difference between them is the number of usb 3 ports. either way, they all have a sufficient number as well as room to add more.
the reason why the computer dealer is pushing the crap psu is because it's so rubbish, he would not be able to sell it separately.
do not be suckered into it. he's not the only shop out there and remember, it's your money, not his.
plus, if you search around there are some great online deals. for e.g. okay enterprises was having 20% off on amazon and a TE member got a gtx 970 for under 23k which is the lowest price i've ever seen for that.
go with asus as gigabyte does a lot of corner cutting and other sneaky tricks to cut costs.

tip: since your considering the core i3 41xx i would also suggest you to keep an eye out for the core i3 4330 (or similar 43xx) because it's significantly faster that the 41xx (it comes very close to the i5 in gaming benchmarks) and is ~8-9k.

here's a table of features of the various lga1150 chispets. hope it helps clear things up a bit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1150
here's the psu hierarchy list as well - go with at least a tier 3 or above psu: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

feel free to post any questions you have about these (even if you think it's silly).

Last edited:
I think an h81 or b85 (whichever is cheaper) will be better. the h97 is needed only if you plan to upgrade to a broadwell cpu in the next 6 months.
main difference between them is the number of usb 3 ports. either way, they all have a sufficient number as well as room to add more.
the reason why the computer dealer is pushing the crap psu is because it's so rubbish, he would not be able to sell it separately.
do not be suckered into it. he's not the only shop out there and remember, it's your money, not his.
plus, if you search around there are some great online deals. for e.g. okay enterprises was having 20% off on amazon and a TE member got a gtx 970 for under 23k which is the lowest price i've ever seen for that.
go with asus as gigabyte does a lot of corner cutting and other sneaky tricks to cut costs.

tip: since your considering the core i3 41xx i would also suggest you to keep an eye out for the core i3 4330 (or similar 43xx) because it's significantly faster that the 41xx (it comes very close to the i5 in gaming benchmarks) and is ~8-9k.

here's a table of features of the various lga1150 chispets. hope it helps clear things up a bit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1150
here's the psu hierarchy list as well - go with at least a tier 3 or above psu: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

feel free to post any questions you have about these (even if you think it's silly).

thanks for your suggestions. one question I have is: why do you think the H97 or Z97 is worth buying only if I plan to upgrade to a broadwell cpu in the next 6 months? wouldn't buying h97/z97 keep me open to i5 as well as i7 upgrades which I can make even after 6 months have passed?

why do you think the H97 or Z97 is worth buying only if I plan to upgrade to a broadwell cpu in the next 6 months?
the h81 and b85 won't support broadwell cpus (the core 5xxx series)
however, they will both support haswell i5's and i7's (the core 4xxx series).
the h97 is newer and the z97 is for overclocking k series cpus.

Hey guys I'm planning to get the build from SP Road, Bangalore. But any way to verify that the parts that have been installed are not fake? There are lots of fake components in the market and I want to steer clear of them.

I know that RAM can be registered online so no issue there. But what about other components?

I was thinking if an AMD rig would be better:

FX-6300 (will upgrade to FX-8350 later)
MSI-970A-G46 Motherboard
GTX 960 2GB
8GB RAM
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD
Antec VP500PC PSU
Zebronics Case

Please advice !

the h81 and b85 won't support broadwell cpus (the core 5xxx series)
however, they will both support haswell i5's and i7's (the core 4xxx series).
the h97 is newer and the z97 is for overclocking k series cpus.

Save yourself the trouble and stick to H81 or B85, the reason H97 or Z97 will allow you to upgrade to 5xxx series, however the 6xxx series are already here and don't see any long term benefit in upgrading to 5xxx, just my 2 cents

I was thinking if an AMD rig would be better:

FX-6300 (will upgrade to FX-8350 later)
MSI-970A-G46 Motherboard
GTX 960 2GB
8GB RAM
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD
Antec VP500PC PSU
Zebronics Case

Please advice !
Go with the following Config:

Intel Core i5 4440
MSI H97 PC Mate Motherboard
Asus Strix GTX 960 2GB
Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB RAM 1866Mhz
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD
Antec VP500PC PSU
Cooler Master Elite 311 Case

Go with the following Config:

Intel Core i5 4440
MSI H97 PC Mate Motherboard
Asus Strix GTX 960 2GB
Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB RAM 1866Mhz
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD
Antec VP500PC PSU
Cooler Master Elite 311 Case

The i5-4440 is out of my budget, which is why I'm going for the i3-4150 for now. Do you know of any online store with good prices? Btw I'll be shifting to Hyderabad in 6 months. Hope you get parts for cheaper there?

buyhatke.com helps scour the big 4 online stores (i.e. fk, ebay, amazon and snapd)
the other sites i check out are primeabg and it's sister site onlyssds.com.

Also, Bangalore will be cheaper than Hyderabad (if you're buying locally).

buyhatke.com helps scour the big 4 online stores (i.e. fk, ebay, amazon and snapd)
the other sites i check out are primeabg and it's sister site onlyssds.com.

Also, Bangalore will be cheaper than Hyderabad (if you're buying locally).

Thanks for the reply...

Btw is there any particular reason I should go for Intel build instead of AMD?

Guys, sometimes when my PC is on and power goes, the UPS is not able to support the PC. In the afternoon it was able to support but in the evening it wasn't able to support. Both times I was playing the same game and not performing any additional power consuming tasks.

APC technician visited and he's saying that the UPS is not powerful enough to support my rig?

The UPS is able to support my PC when I turn off the switch where it is connected on my own but when there is a power cut, it is not able to support at times despite battery being fully charged. What do I do?

I have made a post here regarding this issue here https://www.techenclave.com/communi...s-down-during-power-cut-even-with-ups.176881/

but nobody has replied so far. Please help me out...

Back