1. What is your budget?
    5-6k
  2. Current rig Specs

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840

Motherboard: Biostar TA880GB+

RAM: 4GB

Monitor: Samsung Full HD LCD
  3. Which PSU/SMPS will you be using? Rating + Brand
    VIP Gold 500W (I am not sure if this VIP GOLD is really that reliable. I was facing problem with my old HD4850 GPU, so I just took out it out and now my PC is running smoothly. Either my GPU was acting up or my PSU. Any pointers though?
  4. Primary use? (Casual gaming, Hardcore gaming, Just for display, Movies/HTPC)
    Casual gaming.
  5. What resolution do you game on?
    Default settings. Doesn't much care about resolutions
  6. Interested in Crossfire/SLI?
    No
  7. Open to both Nvidia/ATI?
Yes

Thanks !

^^ To be on a safer side , and if you are just a casual gamer sapphire 6670 ddr5 for 5k will be good . Also at what resolution will you game ?

My monitor's resolution is 1920 x 1080 and I game at 1280 x 720. I don't much tinker with the game's default resolution. Would I be able to play latest games at normal settings with your suggested Sapphire 6670 card?

My monitor's resolution is 1920 x 1080 and I game at 1280 x 720. I don't much tinker with the game's default resolution. Would I be able to play latest games at normal settings with your suggested Sapphire 6670 card?
It's work fine with sapphire 6670, sapphire 6670 is a very good GPU and it's run the games in your normal setting with a ease.

at 1280x720 , it is more than enough for your gaming need since you are a casual gamer . Make sure its ddr5 version .

- - - Updated - - -

Hey mate, up until a few months ago i was using a VIP Gold 500 with my ATI Radeon 4850 without any issues. Used it for a good couple of years.

taking 6770 would be a better bet as your PSU is capable of running it and specially it would be future proof considering you ll game at lower resolution.
Invest 1.5k more and get 6770....worth every penny.... !!

VIP 500 Gold has 18A on 12v rail, so that turns out to be max 216 watts. So a 6670 ddr5 will be the only gpu which your VIP 500 can handle "safely".

Back