Budget 0-20k Looking for a Nice Computer Desk

vaibhavyagnik

youtube.com/vaibhavyagnik
Adept
As the title suggests, looking for a Nice computer desk. the desk I am looking for should be modern and sufficient space and depth for 27" Monitor and other accessories. Have scoured Pepperfry but haven't been able to find any good desks which are a combination of design, looks and space.

Would suggest get it custom made from local furniture shop. Pepperfry etc. sites will cost a bomb + their material life is roughly 3-5yrs after which powder starts falling as if eaten by termites or the wood starts to swell. Also, refrain from buying those readymades from any malls as well.

I'm going to custom make as per my desired design and as per my complex requirements shops are offering me 6k-7k max with own choice of wood material, sunmica, color and my own architecture design.

But really very occupied with my job hence not yet started on my designing part.

Last edited:
Have been looking for something similar but for a sewing machine. Here's a few i've seen

Four kinds of gaming tables (check options)

I have this

Got it for 10k in a sale. Really solid table with a frosted glass top. Holds dual 27" screens side by side.

Finding a good desk is hard. I finally assembled one myself using slotted angles and metal shelves. Paid a little extra for powder coating.

This is v2.0. V1.0 was narrower. This one is 4' wide and can hold a 43 inch monitor.

One advantage is that I can adjust the height. When I replaced the 27 inch with the 43 inch, I had to lower the table to avoid looking up. I can also dismantle it and convert it into a standing desk with some effort.

Comp_Desk.jpg

Last edited:
I have this

Got it for 10k in a sale. Really solid table with a frosted glass top. Holds dual 27" screens side by side.
I love this one. My problem was depth i.e. I couldn;t go over 22 inches of depth or else my bigass chair couldn't be rolled out as my table sits right at the foot of my bed.

So I went the custom route.

Initially I wanted to go for this Ikea Fredde desk as this is bloody awesome but had to pull back after seeing the all inclusive price of 34k and the depth.
Moreover this would have been difficult to build with the iron frames for my carpenter who only does ply stuff.

This is my build.

The UPS and the main gaming rig sit on plywood trolleys made by my carpenters so that they can be rolled out or sideways at will.

I got some under table cable management wire trays and all wires are tucked away there out of sight.

Note the gap at the end for cable routing and the way its cut at the bottom to circumvent the space taken up by the marble at the side of the wall.

I avoided drawers on the right as my plan was to put my main rig on the right so that all the effort I put into cable management could be shown off but then I saw my maid slamming the side of the chair into the tempered glass and had to move it to the left. :(

the NZXT H500 fits below the drawer on the right but if I go for a bigger case in the future it will need to be placed on the right side trolley. I had planned to put my mini-ITX NAS build on the left trolley below the drawer and the UPS on top of the table but ended up swapping them as it was easier to access the USB ports of the NAS build on top.

Last edited:
Have been looking for something similar but for a sewing machine. Here's a few i've seen

Four kinds of gaming tables (check options)

The Green sould gaming desk is really interesting.

I have this

I love this table. But unfortunately urban ladder does not deliver to my area.

Finding a good desk is hard. I finally assembled one myself using slotted angles and metal shelves. Paid a little extra for powder coating.

This is v2.0. V1.0 was narrower. This one is 4' wide and can hold a 43 inch monitor.

One advantage is that I can adjust the height. When I replaced the 27 inch with the 43 inch, I had to lower the table to avoid looking up. I can also dismantle it and convert it into a standing desk with some effort.

View attachment 84185
Way too much risky option. Fine if you are staying alone and not at all suitable for family and kids friendly.
Anyone can get hurt easily with the edges and angles esp. in dark.
This setup eats a lot of space and not too comfortable roaming around that zone owing to above 2 factors.
Lastly the most risky, its metallic so prone to transfer current/shock if earthing konks off for some reason.

IMO this is the most dangerous setup.

I feel Ikea is overpriced stuff that we have to build by ourselves. It might be cheap in foreign countries but not cheap in India. Just going through user reviews on Reddit or other sites shows that Ikea is like low quality stuff for some people at affordable rates for them. Not for us. Just look at their website. Even pillows cost 3k+. Ikea is branding themselves to be higher end here in India for their low quality products. They're just mocking us.

IKEA furniture is mostly functional, built to a standard, value priced stuff. There are better options available here for much less with free assembly.

As the title suggests, looking for a Nice computer desk. the desk I am looking for should be modern and sufficient space and depth for 27" Monitor and other accessories. Have scoured Pepperfry but haven't been able to find any good desks which are a combination of design, looks and space.
Search for solid wood study desks on Amazon and FK
Slightly higher cost upfront (but nowhere as high as what local shops quote so should be still within your quoted budget) - but they do look classier than the rest

Even pillows cost 3k+. Ikea is branding themselves to be higher end here in India for their low quality products. They're just mocking us.
I did't look at pillows. They do lots of other stuff

Definitely value stuff and i would not trust the ikea item

But when it comes to furniture they made a name for themselves. Lots of variety, easy customisation, functional and nice looks.

Website is well organised, amazon's search is utter rubbish.

I have to use google to ferret items out on amazon that amazon's search cannot find !!

Last edited:
Initially I wanted to go for this Ikea Fredde desk as this is bloody awesome but had to pull back after seeing the all inclusive price of 34k and the depth.
Moreover this would have been difficult to build with the iron frames for my carpenter who only does ply stuff.

I was going to suggest IKEA Fredde the minute I saw this thread. It's 19.9k at store. Where is it listed for 34k?

I feel Ikea is overpriced stuff that we have to build by ourselves. It might be cheap in foreign countries but not cheap in India. Just going through user reviews on Reddit or other sites shows that Ikea is like low quality stuff for some people at affordable rates for them. Not for us. Just look at their website. Even pillows cost 3k+. Ikea is branding themselves to be higher end here in India for their low quality products. They're just mocking us.

IKEA caters to all budgets. This is what I feel after extensive purchases from the Hyderabad store for the past one year. You can customise a computer table starting from 2k, it all depends on what we choose. Even the pillows reference, their cheapest pillows start at 199 and the 3k ones you had mentioned are the memory foam pillows which are infact cheaper compared to a similar size memory pillow from competition.

This is their cheapest table >> https://www.ikea.com/in/en/p/linnmon-adils-table-white-black-s09241825/
Adding this cable trunking >> https://www.ikea.com/in/en/p/signum-cable-trunking-horizontal-silver-colour-10200254/
Plus a monitor arm >> https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-Single-Monitor-Stand-Adjustable/dp/B07DHK5DHN

This makes an ideal budget table which is very stable and clutter free.
That table was just an example, you can do n number of table combinations from IKEA and get one to your liking and budget.

I was going to suggest IKEA Fredde the minute I saw this thread. It's 19.9k at store. Where is it listed for 34k?

IKEA caters to all budgets. This is what I feel after extensive purchases from the Hyderabad store for the past one year. You can customise a computer table starting from 2k, it all depends on what we choose. Even the pillows reference, their cheapest pillows start at 199 and the 3k ones you had mentioned are the memory foam pillows which are infact cheaper compared to a similar size memory pillow from competition.

This is their cheapest table >> https://www.ikea.com/in/en/p/linnmon-adils-table-white-black-s09241825/
Adding this cable trunking >> https://www.ikea.com/in/en/p/signum-cable-trunking-horizontal-silver-colour-10200254/
Plus a monitor arm >> https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-Single-Monitor-Stand-Adjustable/dp/B07DHK5DHN

This makes an ideal budget table which is very stable and clutter free.
That table was just an example, you can do n number of table combinations from IKEA and get one to your liking and budget.

I guess the high volume items for sale in IKEA are sourced locally to keep the MRP down but for low volume imported stuff the tax makes the final price exorbitant. If it was 20k then it would be a God tier table in India.

Look at the fine print mate. :)

1580582638978.png

As for the SIgnum I ordered it but then I found that after putting a Belkin 6 port surge protector on it the large power adapters for my Netgear router and Samsung monitor didn't fit with the surge protector lying flat with the ports facing upward.

So I returned it and got this as there were no equivalents in Amazon India 6 months back.

But now these kind of kits are available in India but I have not used these.

I guess the high volume items for sale in IKEA are sourced locally to keep the MRP down but for low volume imported stuff the tax makes the final price exorbitant. If it was 20k then it would be a God tier table in India.

Look at the fine print mate. :)

View attachment 84378
I still don't understand what makes you think that it's not 19.9k. That's how IKEA lists the items. 90% of the items are sold less than MRP.

19.9k is the price since day 1 here. Let me dig out a photo from the store. Meanwhile this is the price including home delivery.

Screenshot_20200202-104847.jpg

I still don't understand what makes you think that it's not 19.9k. That's how IKEA lists the items. 90% of the items are sold less than MRP.

19.9k is the price since day 1 here. Let me dig out a photo from the store. Meanwhile this is the price including home delivery.

View attachment 84380
Holy crap so the MRP is like the inflated prices on Amazon to show you how much savings you make?
Damn it. I got in touch with a seller on Amazon who resells IKEA stuff to get this table with some markup on his end but he also confirmed 34k to me. :(
IKEA should really start delivery to other places in India ala pepperfry/urbanladder and cross out the inflated price like amazon for dumbos like me who are used to newegg listing in this way.

Holy crap so the MRP is like the inflated prices on Amazon to show you how much savings you make?
Damn it. I got in touch with a seller on Amazon who resells IKEA stuff to get this table with some markup on his end but he also confirmed 34k to me. :(
IKEA should really start delivery to other places in India ala pepperfry/urbanladder and cross out the inflated price like amazon for dumbos like me who are used to newegg listing in this way.
34k ? Is he selling a used nano or some good i7 combo which you can grab at such price.
Only some stupid silly splurger will buy a 34k table.

Back