Budget 0-20k Looking for a Nice Computer Desk

This headphone stand selling for 320 is being sold by IKEA for 149.

Ikea Steel 15 x 8 x 27 cm Headset/Tablet Stand (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07P2MXHBM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jcSnEbTAARNGK
I've noticed this trend quite a lot. People are reselling IKEA stuff for inflated prices.

@OP
If you are from Mumbai/Pune, IKEA started online deliveries to both the cities and Fredde is one of the best computer desks you can get for that price. It includes speaker stands to the sides, headphones holders below the upper deck and routing cables is easy on this table and the bottom decks are wide enough even for a printer.
Screenshot_20200202-180727.jpg

I still don't understand what makes you think that it's not 19.9k. That's how IKEA lists the items. 90% of the items are sold less than MRP.
I can believe it. That is to say what Ikea lists as MRP on its website isn't what people pay.

Now see the MRP on Ikea site

I ended up paying the amazon price, amazon commissions, seller commision plus delivery charges

What was the actual price ?

ikea tertial.jpg

Nice lamp btw, can be modded and used for other things too. There is a cottage industry for modding ikea :)

Last edited:
I can believe it. That is to say what Ikea lists as MRP on its website isn't what people pay.

Now see the MRP on Ikea site

I ended up paying the amazon price, amazon commissions, seller commision plus delivery charges

What was the actual price ?

View attachment 84382

Nice lamp btw, can be modded and used for other things too. There is a cottage industry for modding ikea :)
Thats some huge markup on the reseller's side. Thing is they know that we can't get the stuff locally and they can charge whatever they want.
Pretty much like Uber's surge pricing. If you need it badly enough you will pay the asking price.

Theres a simple IKEA kit I was looking at which is this one.

And if you want to go full on RGB-fied and tacticool gamer then there's this lot. Anyone here uses these kind of stuff? If I manage to ignore the gaming laptop-esque in your face deisgn elements are there any real-life advantages?

I once went to MDComputers and saw this one on display. Asked the price and it was 70k. LOL

Last edited:
Tha
Thats some huge markup on the reseller's side. Thing is they know that we can't get the stuff locally and they can charge whatever they want.
Right, which makes you wonder why IKEA cannot take a page out of amazon's book ?

Why do they need to have a store in the city they can deliver to

A friend of mine personally transported a fridge on the train half way across the state.

Cost of transport ? Rs.200

As the title suggests, looking for a Nice computer desk. the desk I am looking for should be modern and sufficient space and depth for 27" Monitor and other accessories. Have scoured Pepperfry but haven't been able to find any good desks which are a combination of design, looks and space.
After spending a lot of time on online sites, I decided to look for a carpenter, since mainstream seems to have moved away from desktop to laptops. So tables are built as per that requirement. My requirement included space for a 29"-32" ultrawide monitor, separate space for NAS in future and also space for Subwoofer and UPS on the table itself. I designed this table after taking required measurements:

Attachments

• IMG_20200320_163902.jpg
    IMG_20200320_163902.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_20200320_192859.jpg
    IMG_20200320_192859.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 361
After spending a lot of time on online sites, I decided to look for a carpenter, since mainstream seems to have moved away from desktop to laptops. So tables are built as per that requirement. My requirement included space for a 29"-32" ultrawide monitor, separate space for NAS in future and also space for Subwoofer and UPS on the table itself. I designed this table after taking required measurements:
This desk looks superb:https://www.amazon.in/Green-Soul-Ga...EE8T1H977X1&psc=1&refRID=SNNXCFEKJEE8T1H977X1

You are okay with the slideout keyboard trays? I hate them as my wrists hurt after a bit of gaming on those. I like the built-in footrest though. Nice thinking there.
Whats the height and depth of the desk surface?

You are okay with the slideout keyboard trays? I hate them as my wrists hurt after a bit of gaming on those. I like the built-in footrest though. Nice thinking there.
Whats the height and depth of the desk surface?
Slide out keyboards are great if made correctly. I have observed that they help me keep my shoulders in a better position, as long as keyboard and mouse are not on different slide outs. And the channels used should be of good quality and tightened well so as not to have sideways play. And if the slide out keyboard tray is deep enough, it helps a lot since you can then adjust for a more comfortable position. May sound neurotic, but I did pay attention to these things. Only thing is that the raised beading placed at the end of the tray is not working for me (He thought if prevents keyboards to fall out). Will have to get that removed.

Get a standing desk for the computer. You will find many good desks on Amazon. Right now I am using the VIVO standing desk which I purchased from Amazon in Dec 2019.

Back