Budget 10-15K Looking for a phone kinda urgently (last one died)

Nial

Recruit
1. Budget?
A: INR 10-15k (might increase to 17k but prefer not to)

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Got no clue. I used Samsung Note 2 for 8 years though so kinda used to that. I mainly watch videos on youtube or amazon prime with occasional gaming.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android with stable system.

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4g with wifi that eats less battery.

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. I will state what I will use it for below.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Netflix, Amazon prime, Youtube (basic video apps that I use over 3-5 hours a day minimum during travel etc.) Casual Multiplayer games like The Infinite Black (a lot), High graphics game like future fight, clash of clans etc for about 15-30 mins a day. Dont care about camera etc. But emails would be needed.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual sim if possible.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online or offline. I am based around Kolkata right now.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, Phone shouldnt turn into over if I watch video for 1-2 hours or play old games for 2-3 hours etc. Basically dont heat up when wifi/mobile data is active with video/mid tier games.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A:I got no clue I did check the new phones on amazon like Redmi 9 prime etc but I rather want actual users than paper stat infos.

Ok so what I want is a good battery with fast charging (thats a must). I travel a lot so I often pass time with Online videos like amazon prime, youtube etc. Othertimes I read ebooks for hours (5-6 hours sometimes).

I also play games like The infinite black a lot. Its old game but quite CPU intensive along with data (multiplayer basically). I also play Future fight/clash of clans/soul hunters/rise of kingdoms occasionally everyday for an hour or two max. Dont care about their graphics performance as long as they run fine. I dont play high graphics games like PUBG asphalt and what nots.

Want a stable phone for 3-4 years if possible. Budget is kinda low atm because of corona crisis etc. But need a new phone pronto since my old one died last night. If you guys have more questions, please do ask. I will check atleast once everyday.

Last edited:
Hi, if you don't mind, would you like to explain why you choose Realme 6i over Samsung M40?

As here at my place all shops flooded with MI, Oppo, Vivo only.

What i really fall in love with is the snappier performance and smooth Ui , plus fingerprint scanner is a big plus point for right handed people i use my thumb to unlock it and its blazing fast , i have used the poco f1 before i seriously hated the UI , so was using oxygen os on it ,just my personal opinion

6i has better camera resolution , i use it with Gcam and the photos come really good , stock camera performance is okaish
has 6GB ram
quad camera
battery capacity is higher
slightly bigger than m40
90hz ultra smooth display
30 W Flash charge support and processor is better than snapdragon 675 the one is M40 and equivalent to snapdragon 730

i am personally loving it

Wow, a Note 2 user! I'm not surprised, I had a Galaxy S2 myself which was bought brand new in mid-2011 and died in mid-2018, lasted me good 7 years although it was used as second phone post 2014.

I would go with a Samsung again!, M31 is a good choice as suggested by members above! Realme force ads to their users (although they can be disabled) but I don't trust these Chinese OSs.

Last edited:
@pacificb0y

didn't you face any issue to migrate from Samsung UI (Best in current market) to Realme UI?
As I read lots of people still believes that Samsung UI is one of the best in market.

I used s8 and s9 both snapdragon variants UI On it was better and nope i didnt face any issues, my whole point was that i was too some one who didn't liked these Chinese variants includes vivo oppo and real me and xiaomi my preference was too Samsung, Motorola, google pixel , but this purchase actually changed my mind and so far i am enjoying it as per the experience goes it can be subjective that's why i asked to better visit a showroom which has this specific model on display
i sort of agree with @ChairmanSaab but then again one plus is also hugely famous and reputed in india and is now a premium smartphone
i guess only some people know that OPPO , Vivo , Realme ,iQOO including Oneplus comes under one single parent company called BBK electronics corporation which is based in china

Why not get the Redmi Note 9 Pro. You can just disable bloatwares and prevent ads. Lots of custom ROMs available too.

Recently got a Tecno 6 Air for workplace. Had shit tons of bloatware. Just disabled them and it's pretty usable.

Why not get the Redmi Note 9 Pro. You can just disable bloatwares and prevent ads. Lots of custom ROMs available too.

Recently got a Tecno 6 Air for workplace. Had shit tons of bloatware. Just disabled them and it's pretty usable.

Hi,

Is Tecno 6 Air good for non gaming but for few latest apps etc. uses... most probably by student for education purpose apps/online exam/zoom, google form and educational games.?

Hi,

Is Tecno 6 Air good for non gaming but for few latest apps etc. uses... most probably by student for education purpose apps/online exam/zoom, google form and educational games.?

Yes. The cameras are decent. But doesn't have a main speaker and uses the top speaker for both calls and sound. I even tried playing Call of duty, worked fine.

Only cons:
1. poor signal reception. better use wifi calling. jio supports wifi calling, voda doesn't.
2. micro usb.

Back