Looking for a Router(with built in modem) for VOIP and Gaming.

Sobirvs

Veteran
Mar 20, 2013
Chrome
So need a router with built in modem (rj45 only not telephone line port)

Currently I am using an entry level netgear with excitel and it's giving me pain for VOIP calls (whatsapp/skype/SIP) and gaming with PS4(with LAN).

* Coverage is not a problem as it is needed for one small living room.
* Excitel is moving to fiber soon and hathway already is , so a router which can support fiber and Ethernet WAN both will be atleast future proof
* latency should be least. I will be playing only fifa 18 on PS4 multiplayer over PSN so need rock stable connection.
* 2.4GHz and 5GHz should both be supported.
* Should support excitel and hathway connections.

most imp is lag free gaming and voip.

Sobirvs

Veteran
Mar 20, 2013
Chrome
I rather have everything built in one piece. In this day and age, we hardly have room for one rather than 2 and wires. anywyas, bump, anybody can help regarding this?

nimod

Adept
Jan 7, 2013
Wait for your service provider to shift to fibre, when they change your router, give them your requirement.

vivek.krishnan

If you cant see the green dot, I'm offline :P
Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Ghatkopar, Mumbai
plus.google.com
I rather have everything built in one piece. In this day and age, we hardly have room for one rather than 2 and wires. anywyas, bump, anybody can help regarding this?
Its not like its going to occupy a whole lot of space.

If you go with ISP provided routers, they are usually crap. Additionally, I doubt most ISPs except Jio will provide fibre modem, they will give a GPON media converter instead. So still you will have 2 boxes.

puns

Section Mod
Mar 24, 2005
New Delhi
router with built in modem (rj45 only not telephone line port) What kind of modem, I have DSL-AC68U it has DSL and VDSL option
How is it ? I am looking for something for Airtel V Fiber cause the Huawei model they have given is not good. All VDSL models seem expensive. Anything in the 5 to 6K range if you know ?

Sobirvs

Veteran
Mar 20, 2013
Chrome
No Idea. This is just a router and I love it. It has everything I could ask for.

tommy_vercetti

Adept
Apr 20, 2006
Sion/Vikhroli/Airoli/Navi Mumbai
www.boricha.org
How is it ? I am looking for something for Airtel V Fiber cause the Huawei model they have given is not good. All VDSL models seem expensive. Anything in the 5 to 6K range if you know ?
This is a really good router, I have used it on DSL, currently running on local PPoE connection, the range is very good, easily able to get range on one floor above, I have no experience of it on VDSL, it is a second hand 5K, got a steal deal from either this or E forum

Reactions: puns