Looking for a Router(with built in modem) for VOIP and Gaming.

Sobirvs

Skilled
So need a router with built in modem (rj45 only not telephone line port)

Currently I am using an entry level netgear with excitel and it's giving me pain for VOIP calls (whatsapp/skype/SIP) and gaming with PS4(with LAN).

* Coverage is not a problem as it is needed for one small living room.
* Excitel is moving to fiber soon and hathway already is , so a router which can support fiber and Ethernet WAN both will be atleast future proof
* latency should be least. I will be playing only fifa 18 on PS4 multiplayer over PSN so need rock stable connection.
* 2.4GHz and 5GHz should both be supported.
* Should support excitel and hathway connections.

most imp is lag free gaming and voip.

Would suggest to get a modem and put in bridge mode, will support any decent router of choice. For fiber, they usually use GPON, the same router can be used then.

I rather have everything built in one piece. In this day and age, we hardly have room for one rather than 2 and wires. anywyas, bump, anybody can help regarding this?

I rather have everything built in one piece. In this day and age, we hardly have room for one rather than 2 and wires. anywyas, bump, anybody can help regarding this?

Its not like its going to occupy a whole lot of space.

If you go with ISP provided routers, they are usually crap. Additionally, I doubt most ISPs except Jio will provide fibre modem, they will give a GPON media converter instead. So still you will have 2 boxes.

router with built in modem (rj45 only not telephone line port) What kind of modem, I have DSL-AC68U it has DSL and VDSL option

How is it ? I am looking for something for Airtel V Fiber cause the Huawei model they have given is not good. All VDSL models seem expensive. Anything in the 5 to 6K range if you know ?

How is it ? I am looking for something for Airtel V Fiber cause the Huawei model they have given is not good. All VDSL models seem expensive. Anything in the 5 to 6K range if you know ?

This is a really good router, I have used it on DSL, currently running on local PPoE connection, the range is very good, easily able to get range on one floor above, I have no experience of it on VDSL, it is a second hand 5K, got a steal deal from either this or E forum

Back