Audio Looking for earphones suggestions under 5k.

So I am again in market for a good pair of earphones and need some suggestions.
My needs:
  • I listen to all kinds of music esp pop with streaming apps like gaana+, youtube.
  • Punchy bass (should not be muddy and should not destroy mids)
  • Cancellation and isolation
  • Treble should not be pinching at high volumes.
  • Fitting is most important as most of the pairs I own tend to fall out easily.
  • Sturdy build with L connector and tangle free cables.
Microphone is not a requirement.

I have shortlisted :
ATH CKX9IS Sonic Boom
RHA S500i
Beyerdynamic DX160IE
Jays a-jay five
Sony MDR-XB70AP

I already own
Brainwavz S1, Sennheiser cx 275s, MI Piston 1,2

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
VSONIC VSD5, OSTRY KC06A should be your first choice.

Thanks for the suggestions! I had considered VSD5 for their premium quality and great sound. But they look too flimsy in build quality. The wires aren't anti tangle and also non removable like vsd3.
With ostry, I have heard the brand name for the first time and I must say I am really impressed by it after checking head fi reviews.

I have put them on my list.

But both of the above are more intended towards an audiophile who prefers neutral sound signature were as I wont mind a bit of warmth in the drivers with enhanced bass. They should make music sound more beautiful rather than sounding accurate as was recorded.

None of my mentioned IEMs are neutral sounding. Both have more than enough musicality to avoid any sort of clinical sound. OSTRY KC06A fits all your sound signature requirements really well and easily.

None of my mentioned IEMs are neutral sounding. Both have more than enough musicality to avoid any sort of clinical sound. OSTRY KC06A fits all your sound signature requirements really well and easily.
Have it on my list already at top. Looking for more suggestions before finalizing.

How would be Shure SE215? They have detachable cable which is the best part.

Soundmagic E80 delivers a natural, balanced sound with impressive reproduction of acoustic instruments. The E80 is a dynamic earphone that offers vivid and detailed sound that brings out previously unheard elements in your music. The realistic bass response, delicate vocal reproduction and alluring trebles make the E80 the perfect earphone for both critical listening sessions and everyday use.

Back