Looking for IT Job in Mumbai

raksrules

Elite
I am currently working in US at Client Location and work for one of the big IT companies in India. My base location is Pune but since last 3.5 years I am in US and have been to US before as well and couple of other geographies.
I am planning to make my base in Mumbai as I have my home there and don't want to do Mumbai-Pune up down on weekly basis anymore.
I am Oracle Applications (ERP) Technical Consultant with 13 Years Experience.

Can anyone here who works in IT company in Mumbai help me with this? I am not even fully sure what all companies are my options but few I know are... TCS, Capgemini, Accenture, HCL, Cognizant (not sure if they have anything in Mumbai) and may be others too.

Since I am at onsite currently, I can join on short notice since I am not bound by my company's 3 Month notice period which is applicable only if I am offshore.

Do you have a good linkedin profile? You can get good offers via recruiters who scour linkedin regularly. Just ensure your profile is detailed updated with your work history and qualifications and you might get lucky there. Linkedin also has an option where you can mark your profile as "looking for job" something like that.

Do you have a good linkedin profile? You can get good offers via recruiters who scour linkedin regularly. Just ensure your profile is detailed updated with your work history and qualifications and you might get lucky there. Linkedin also has an option where you can mark your profile as "looking for job" something like that.

I would also like to know how to mark profile as "Job Seeker". I will update my linked in over the weekend and someone once told or I read somewhere that we can put in title of linked in profile that we are looking for job but I feel that is probably not the right way to do it.

I forgot how I did it, I guess when updating my profile and closing my current job tenure it prompted me to mark my profile as "looking for job" something like that.

Best way is to upload your profile on Naukri.com and flag yourself as "Immediately available" or with an approximate notice period.
Compared to Linkedin, likes of Naukri and other job portals will be more quick where most HR consultancies are active.
Parallely do a regular "content" search on Linkedin along with the "job" search.
"oracle ERP mumbai"

One big hurdle for you would be deciding on the CTC.
A friend of mine had no clue as to what to quote after he winded up his US job.
He had to ditch 3 offer letters for this very reason as you may come across HR's who would exploit your misinformed situation.
So better to check with people in your domain.

I would also like to know how to mark profile as "Job Seeker".
Updating Your Career Interests on LinkedIn

Best way is to upload your profile on Naukri.com and flag yourself as "Immediately available" or with an approximate notice period.
Compared to Linkedin, likes of Naukri and other job portals will be more quick where most HR consultancies are active.
Parallely do a regular "content" search on Linkedin along with the "job" search.
"oracle ERP mumbai"

One big hurdle for you would be deciding on the CTC.
A friend of mine had no clue as to what to quote after he winded up his US job.
He had to ditch 3 offer letters for this very reason as you may come across HR's who would exploit your misinformed situation.
So better to check with people in your domain.

About CTC, honestly my first priority is to just get a job in Mumbai as my company is in Pune and I will need to go there once my US stint is over.

TCS, Capgemini, Accenture, HCL, Cognizant (not sure if they have anything in Mumbai) and may be others too.
FYI,few of the official job portals I can recollect now. Just browse through them and check for any suitable positions
https://india.jobs.accenture.com
https://ibegin.tcs.com/iBegin/jobs/search
https://jobs.capgemini.com
https://cognizant.taleo.nett
https://lntinfotech.ripplehire.com/

About CTC, honestly my first priority is to just get a job in Mumbai as my company is in Pune and I will need to go there once my US stint is over.
My friend was being offered CTC's for 2-4 years when he had an experience of 7 years.
Its a different game here in India when it comes to paying an employee:(

LinkedIn is arrogant and bakwas whereas naukri is the way to go.
LinkedIn is like hit or a miss but on naukri you are guaranteed to get tons of calls. The ctc part etc can be taken care later on.

LinkedIn is arrogant and bakwas whereas naukri is the way to go.
LinkedIn is like hit or a miss but on naukri you are guaranteed to get tons of calls. The ctc part etc can be taken care later on.

Any suggestions on how to proceed with Naukri. I registered there yesterday. The problem is I have only US number to give so not sure how it will work out. If emails come, I am ok.

@raksrules In addition to service companies, there are many Investment bank captives paying much better and quite a few product companies too. Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Nomura, MSCI etc are the IB's i know of as i've worked mainly in this domain. These are mostly located in Malad Mindspace area and Powai.
Note: Back when i was in mumbai, the trend was to increase hiring in Banglore/Chennai where these captive have their second offices. However, there is still no dearth of opportunities anywhere; I dont mean this specifically for any tech skill.

Any suggestions on how to proceed with Naukri. I registered there yesterday. The problem is I have only US number to give so not sure how it will work out. If emails come, I am ok.
Need to check. Do you have any Indian sim there, if yes then no need to worry. But the bad part will be you will keep getting calls when you are fats asleep due to obvious time zone differences.
Try giving your US no see if it works for a week or watch for the response.
9 of 10 HRs are ladies and anyways dumb who dont even have sense of speaking or basic courtesy and want to rush into everything. I doubt they will even read yours as a US number and will somehow harass some local guy here if the no. gets dialed somewhere.:)

I tell you one thing, no matter where you register--naukri, monster, shine, etc...
For eg: if they ever see SQL in your resume, get ready to get bombarded with all wrong calls such as sql developer, tester, administrator, db consultant etc. HRs literally never cares to even read at least the line where it say SQL in your profile. They simly rush wqith those 3 alphabets.
I'm not at all related to any DB but have worked on numerous SQL based projects purely on administration part involving backups, encryptions, securities, migrations etc. But what calls I get from HRs is for development and testing or xyz. I have to make them understand or worst bash them on phone as they literally introduce like "we are calling from a iso 9999 certified mnc, NASDAQ registered, having turnover of 9999crores, A Fortune Global 500 company etc shit"

And you cant even read a damn basic resume headline or the skill-sets mentioned, forget to go carefully across it. Dumbs!!

Just warning you and nothing else. Hope this shouldn't be the case in your situation.

I do have India number but not sure if I will be accept calls as i won't know which is a genuine call and incoming calls are Rs. 70 per minute. Wish there was a way in Naukri to mention that I am in US currently.
I want to avoid searching job when in India as there will be notice period of 3 months and I would prefer now since I can (theoretically) join asap since there is no such notice period when I am onsite.

If anyone here is working in any of these bigger MNCs in Mumbai and can forward my resume, that would be greatly appreciated.

Back