Looking for Processor+Motherboard+RAM+PSU within 15k for document processing

Well my father want to replace the existing CPU with a new one. The main use of this system is Document Processing like making reports using MS Word. This PC sometimes used for casual gaming. Hence GPU is not a must unless required. He prefers Intel processors over AMD. He would be keeping the existing cabinet. Please suggest a optimal configuration with approximate prices of components.

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

CPU - Intel Dual Core 3Ghz

Motherboard - Intel D915GAV

GPU - Intel Integrated Graphics

RAM - Transcend 2X1GB

Monitor - Benq E2220HD

SMPS - Local SMPS (not sure about brand name)

(please mention the rest in above format)

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Monitor - Benq E2220HD

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Intel Core i3 or equivalent

Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

GPU - None (will rely on Motherboard's integrated GPU)

PSU - Not Sure

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Yes, it would be final config.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Patna/Online/TE Dealer

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Light Gaming

Desktop Processing

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

No

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

None

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 or Windows XP

You do not need a new CPU+mobo for now IMHO. Your system will do fine.
Upgrade once Sandy bridge releases in Dec 2010-Jan 2011. Hold on till den. This is coz it has much better IGP(equivalent to HD5450 performance) and performance too is very good in the previews.
I would suggest a PSU upgrade to Gigabyte Superb 460w ~ 2k as top priority for u.

If u still insist on a upgrade then get the following,
Intel Core i-3 530 ~ 5.3k
Gigabyte H55M-UD2H~ 5.7k
Corsair 2GB DDR3 1333MHz Value RAM ~ 2.1k
Gigabyte Superb 460 ~ 2k

Well my father is facing weired problem with current setup. System restarts automatically so he loses all data...sometimes it won't start at all...sometimes it starts only after removing the RAM and putting in place...sometimes it gives windows NTLDR error...so he is really pissed up with current CPU as it's affecting his work...hence he want to get a new CPU ASAP. He got following quote locally:

Intel Core i3 - Rs 5200/-

ASUS Motherboard - Rs 6000/-

2GB DDR3 RAM - Rs 2450/-

How is this quote?

Konquerror said:
Well my father is facing weired problem with current setup. System restarts automatically so he loses all data...sometimes it won't start at all...sometimes it starts only after removing the RAM and putting in place...sometimes it gives windows NTLDR error...so he is really pissed up with current CPU as it's affecting his work...hence he want to get a new CPU ASAP. He got following quote locally:

Intel Core i3 - Rs 5200/-
ASUS Motherboard - Rs 6000/-
2GB DDR3 RAM - Rs 2450/-

How is this quote?
Random restarts may be caused due to a bad PSU. So upgrade PSU to FSP SAGAII 350w min.

Asus P7H55? It sells for ~5.6k in metros. If its the Asus P7H55D-M-PRO then its a good deal :)

Check prices in www.deltapage.com to get a rough idea. RAM prices are high. Guess price cuts have not taken effect in ur place.

Well one more update...the PSU is Techcom 400W...does this info helps anyways in solving the problem? I have suggested to reapply the thermal paste, get a new PSU and reinstall OS...any more suggestions?

Back